Why LoN is a trap for season 17

General Discussion
So I've seen that a lot of people are excited for the LoN world buff in season 17, and I have bad news for you.

All LoN builds in season 16 were subpar versions of the set build, and none of them get significantly better by adding 2 new ring passives.

If you look at the LoN builds that were going around season 16, many of them were good and fun to play. The LoN monk (WoL/LTK) was almost as good as the sunwuko or inna's build - but not quite. The LoN Barb (HotA/WW) was almost as good as the raekor version but not quite. LoN DH (FoK) was almost as good as Shadow or UE build, but not quite. And so on and on.

The big change between season 16 and 17 is the loss of a free avarice/unity/convention in the cube for the set builds.

So what difference is this buff making at all? I'm glad you asked. Tomorrow night ONLY any ancient item you find whatsoever is a HUGE power spike. We're talking jump from normal to T6 spike. A second one will have you leveling in T9. So I predict that the first team to find or roll an ancient item will jump far ahead of others on the season journey. Once you have your free 6 piece set, the LoN buff won't matter again until you are at 800 paragon and getting bored with cookie cutter builds.
Cool.
Don't be ridiculous.
Tomorrow night, those who make Chapter 3 with DH, and it is so so trivial and fast, will get 2 Shadow items and jump to 6000% buff, equivalent of 8 ancient items dmg wise.
Season 17 Tier List Diablo 3 Patch Build 2.6.5 Greater Rifts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HJAWGKvqOg

Top 10 Best Builds for Diablo 3 2.6.5 Season 17 (All Classes, Tier List)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsdu24OOQP4
05/16/2019 09:32 AMPosted by Judicator
All LoN builds in season 16 were subpar versions of the set build, and none of them get significantly better by adding 2 new ring passives.

Take a look at the 4-man GR150 clearances.
Notice that every single Star Pact Wizard is using LoN rather than a set.
Understand that in Season 17 they will be able to add in 2 more rings.
Then realise that your claim is false.
There's good options for LoN, however many are lackluster, which makes the theme rather ridiculous.
I think the point of LoN is to use skills that aren't insanely buffed by the other sets
05/16/2019 09:41 AMPosted by Moridin
Cool.

Story.
05/16/2019 11:13 AMPosted by Nebukadneza
Cool.

Story.

Bruh.
05/16/2019 11:13 AMPosted by Nebukadneza
Cool.

Story.

Bro.
Kulle Story Bro. http://www.ksbpodcast.com/
05/16/2019 09:42 AMPosted by Curumo
Don't be ridiculous.
Tomorrow night, those who make Chapter 3 with DH, and it is so so trivial and fast, will get 2 Shadow items and jump to 6000% buff, equivalent of 8 ancient items dmg wise.

Yeah, this is pretty much my point. Ancient items will be important until you start getting real sets. So for a couple of hours maybe?
in S16 the LoN builds were only slightly behind sets even though sets had free RoRG. Take the buff from sets and add 2 rings to the LoN builds and you should see sets slightly behind this season.
05/16/2019 09:52 AMPosted by Meteorblade

Take a look at the 4-man GR150 clearances.

1 build that is only viable in a 4 man meta. So garbage really in comparrison. OP is right. LoN is supposed to be endgame but again and still its green sets
05/16/2019 09:52 AMPosted by Meteorblade
05/16/2019 02:29 PMPosted by Keyblade
LoN is supposed to be endgame but again and still its green sets

If you're playing Pestilence or Rathma over LoN Corpse Lance or LoN Singularity mages in season 17 you're doing something very wrong by not taking advantage of the two free ring slots.

There are classes like DH and barb who have bad LoN options, which is unfortunate.
many of them were good and fun to play
05/16/2019 02:29 PMPosted by Keyblade
1 build that is only viable in a 4 man meta.

Claim... All LoN builds are subpar.
Evidence... LoN Star Pact Wizard is superior.
Conclusion... Not all LoN builds are subpar. The claim is disproved.

There's no requirement to provide multiple LoN builds that are superior in order to disprove the claim because just a single example is sufficient to do so. Of course, if you wanted another example, look at those GR150 clearance teams and notice that a lot of them also have LoN Necros in them as the RGK.
If you look at the LoN builds that were going around season 16, many of them were good and fun to play(...) and was almost as good as(...) the set builds but not quite.

So what difference is this buff making at all? I'm glad you asked.!
(...)

Once you have your free 6 piece set, the LoN buff won't matter again until you are at 800 paragon
(...)
etc... etc..etc...

My answer is :
Cause there is really not much more to add to this game any more.
For those that want to take advantage of the LoN buff. They don't care how high they go with it. It is the sheer fun of doing something different. Just think of the time when wizards only had Archon builds to play. Now they have so much more to play. Even though the one that I will stick with whenever I get around to find the set is the DMO frozen orb for Wizard. I just like that set and the rest don't appeal to me.

It is there just to give people a break from always using sets. Instead of being the highest GR possible. Not all races in real life end with the winner always posting the same time as the last winner.