For a casual as myself

General Discussion
Does it even actually make sense to play this season? With the rarity of ancient items and the season buff(which is the only thing that makes me come back) is it eve nfeasable for me to gather enough ancient items or do you need to grind a ridiculous amount for the buff to even be worth using over set items
Nope. Set items will still be better.
But not to fret, non season will be busier this season. ;-)
If I even have time for the season, all I'm going to be focusing on is the season journey so I can earn the stash tab, then I'm going back to my non season character
Not sure why i get downvoted for this. But just to clarify:

I am actually super interested in the new season buff, but i'm worried that i wont be able to play enough for it to matter for me. I'm not trying to flame or anything of the sort
[b][/b]

05/18/2019 10:08 AMPosted by Zabu

I am actually super interested in the new season buff, but i'm worried that i wont be able to play enough for it to matter for me. I'm not trying to flame or anything of the sort

Ok so, i played 4 hours last night and 2hours today. Started HC season, scratch, soloplaying. As of now, I have 7 ancient items as wizard. I could have had 8 but decided to run a primal ancient puzzle ring at t8 just for fun.

You can def. have fun casually with the LoNbuilds, even if sets are better.
the season makes similar sense as for all before s16 and has an improve if your class has a good lon build. you can play set as well as lon for free and you can get stash. after playin about 5-6 hrs we are already done with stash, we got good start with set and if somethin drops its nice. can easy be done by a casual as well and as me.
Using the LoN buff is a matter of luck.

If you get lucky and get the ancients you need early, it will be very good.

If however you do not get them rarely or at all, the LoN buff doesnt nothing.

Regardless, it is better to start off with a set build until you can get the ancient pieces you need. That makes it mediocre in my book since most classes have much better set builds.

Now if they had increased the chance of an ancient drop, it could be much more fun. As it is, I did almost all of the LoN testing I wanted during the PTR with high legendary drop rates and there are some build (I did wizard), that could be lots of fun to do.
It's not that difficult as many make it out to be. Ancients are fairly common and you can find the first 7-8 random pieces that are needed pretty quickly. Getting the last pieces that boostes your skill/playstyle is very easy, and from there you build does work.
You don't need all 13 slots filled with ancients to have a serviceable build for casual play. I just enjoy mixing and matching the ancients I do find and see how I can put them together into something fun.

Have logged about 15 hrs in season so far (VERY casual player here) and already have a nice handful of ancient items (and have already scapped a heap) so getting them wont be an issue for a casual player.
It relies on what you are calling a "Casual player".

Even if you play like 1/2 hours everyday, it's still worth it. Ancients are not so hard to acquire for perform a usable LoN build. Actually, after few hours, I got some useful one and I could quickly up my difficulty for farming.

If your gametime is really restricted, I would do as this:
- Phase 1: Rush conquest for a free set, It can allow you to jump difficulties really fast with the powercreep. Then start farming, you'll get some ancients.
- Phase 2: ???
- Phase 3: Profit
It’s a 3 month season. At least what they said it will be. Even for a casual gamer you should be able to complete a lon set way before season ends.

Just depends how casual you really are. Like 2 hours a week isn’t going to get you anywhere

its the hip thing to do, makes u wonder why they have down votes at all, they removed them from WOW forums
Let me simplify your dilemma for you.

Do you find it fun?

Yes - Play
No - Don't play

You get down-voted because the majority in this community are salty.
no its not worth it.The game itself isnt worth it so I dont think restarting from the begining this garbage is worth it.