"Sprinter" Impossible to do Solo ?

General Discussion
05/20/2019 07:09 PMPosted by SolarNova
Greetings.

Just done a run for Sprinter conquest. Acts 1 to 5 in under an hour.

With a pure speed lazymancer necro. Crazy fast build.

Skipped everything, dialog, cut scenes , the lot.

Total irl time 1 hour 25mins .. How the hell can you do it any faster Solo ?

Are there some kind of 'glitches' or out of game techniques you need to use ? Is it actually possible to do playing the game 'properly' ?

Try Dash Monk, not too much in gear requirements and it is very doable in an hour. Experienced Sprinters are able to sub 48 minutes solo.
Unfortunately, the most skill this conquest requires is simply having a fast enough HDD (or preferably a SSD). I lose about 10 minutes purely to load times, it sucks :( wish they had more options for conquests because I don't want to delete characters or rebirth more characters just to complete a dumb conquest.
yea op sprinter racer solo is the only reason to play the game
there's nothing 'game' about the game besides that.

its pathetic that D3 is a "YT to skip the thinking' game like oh so many 2000-present video games.

That's why Racer/Sprinter are so coveted for finding a game within D3.
Execution bar is high.
Can you say that about basically anything else in D3 sides GR tops w mandatory group for para?

Nope.

So the reason is searching for that elusive high execution bar that is not googleable the navigation.

See in something like D2, the game had static difficutlies, so there were bars forced on you to overcome, as opposd to slider-difficulties choose ur own bar, which totally negates the point of a 'game' if the base-difficulty is wayyyy to easy.

Game design 101 for D3's devs, most, if not all, of D3 ppl are wanting a game set out for us, with a high execution bar. Not some..no-goals game with sliding difficulties and abandonded statics. Super vom decision D3 devs...just add it to the list of mistakes D2's devs did not and would not of made.
This is way too hard to do solo. And there's not much choice in conquest to get the stupid stash pads. I'm sick of how hard blizzard has made this game early on and there stubbornness at making stash tabs easier to get. What's worse is the throng of sadists into the eternal farming no where. You should be able to buy them at a higher price or with real money. Every season I get stuck at these stupid conquests etc to get them. Why I keep playing this lame farm-athon is beyond me. Hopefully Diablo 4 does away with this annoyance.
06/27/2019 01:26 AMPosted by HellSlayer
And there's not much choice in conquest to get the stupid stash pads.

If you just want the Stash tab unlock you only need two Conquests...

50 million gold streak
Boon of the Hoarder and an open map, or opening lots of bounty caches

Solo GR45 with no set items
Seasonal LoN theme means a couple of ancients completely trivialises this one

If you want a third one for Guardian and the wings, repeat one of those on hardcore or do some GR55s in different set armours

There's absolutely no need to go anywhere near Sprinter if you don't want to.
06/27/2019 01:36 AMPosted by Meteorblade
And there's not much choice in conquest to get the stupid stash pads.

If you just want the Stash tab unlock you only need two Conquests...

50 million gold streak
Boon of the Hoarder and an open map, or opening lots of bounty caches

Solo GR45 with no set items
Seasonal LoN theme means a couple of ancients completely trivialises this one

If you want a third one for Guardian and the wings, repeat one of those on hardcore or do some GR55s in different set armours

There's absolutely no need to go anywhere near Sprinter if you don't want to.

Another easy one to do this season is “Years of War” where you just have to complete a level 55 GR with 6 class sets. With the damage increase from the six piece sets it can be a joke even with a sub geared character. Also an RRoG can save you from having to have all six pieces. It’s easier than creating a HC character especially if you’ve already collected the Haedrig’s gifts for your SC one. I did it in the EU region with a monk and DH to get the wings after having completed conqueror.
06/27/2019 01:36 AMPosted by Meteorblade
do some GR55s in different set armours
06/27/2019 12:45 PMPosted by Sannyasin
Another easy one to do this season is “Years of War” where you just have to complete a level 55 GR with 6 class sets.

I did mention that 11 hours ago...
06/27/2019 01:13 PMPosted by Meteorblade

I did mention that 11 hours ago...

My bad, I overlooked that one in your reply.
This is way too hard to do solo.

What? Something called a conquest is a bit of a challenge? This is the hardest conquest to complete solo, but that is why there are 8 other conquests to choose from, and as Meteor stated, you only need 2 of them. It is possible to complete this solo. I have 2 friends who have done it solo multiple times with different classes. It takes a lot of practice and the right gear set up. I have never done it solo myself, because I don't have to and do not want to put in the time and effort to do it.

Every season I get stuck at these stupid conquests etc to get them.

Might need to put in more time, since you only have 14 career pargon levels.

Why I keep playing this lame farm-athon is beyond me. Hopefully Diablo 4 does away with this annoyance.

Wait, you bought D3 and are mad because it is a farming game? Do you go to rock concerts and get all upset because it is too loud?
06/27/2019 03:28 PMPosted by Alexismad

Wait, you bought D3 and are mad because it is a farming game? Do you go to rock concerts and get all upset because it is too loud?

I did that. Never sit close to the stage at a Joe Banamassa concert. Ears are still ringing.
06/27/2019 03:55 PMPosted by Ratzaputz

I did that. Never sit close to the stage at a Joe Banamassa concert. Ears are still ringing.

Joe Bonnamassa!?! I know ANY concert can be too loud for an individual's threshold but that wouldn't be at the top of my list of loud shows. I've been to Motorhead shows, now THAT was loud.
This is way too hard to do solo.

What? Something called a conquest is a bit of a challenge? This is the hardest conquest to complete solo, but that is why there are 8 other conquests to choose from, and as Meteor stated, you only need 2 of them. It is possible to complete this solo. I have 2 friends who have done it solo multiple times with different classes. It takes a lot of practice and the right gear set up. I have never done it solo myself, because I don't have to and do not want to put in the time and effort to do it.

Every season I get stuck at these stupid conquests etc to get them.

Might need to put in more time, since you only have 14 career pargon levels.

Why I keep playing this lame farm-athon is beyond me. Hopefully Diablo 4 does away with this annoyance.

I have numerous characters above 700. What are you looking at? And why does lizard insist on posting character stats if you get tools that miss them or critique them?!?

... The cost benefit of getting stash tabs is too high imo. And the rng in this game sucks. And I don't give a crap what cliched sheeple sadists who want to play this game forever and think that blizzard can do no wrong say.
05/20/2019 07:09 PMPosted by SolarNova
Greetings.

Just done a run for Sprinter conquest. Acts 1 to 5 in under an hour.

With a pure speed lazymancer necro. Crazy fast build.

Skipped everything, dialog, cut scenes , the lot.

Total irl time 1 hour 25mins .. How the hell can you do it any faster Solo ?

Are there some kind of 'glitches' or out of game techniques you need to use ? Is it actually possible to do playing the game 'properly' ?

Most Players do this on Normal Mode.
Be sure you have already gone to: Options > Gameplay >Interface and checked "Automatically Skip All Cut Scenes".
06/28/2019 02:11 AMPosted by HellSlayer
I have numerous characters above 700. What are you looking at?

They are looking at your profile's Career page...
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/HellSlayer-1804/career

Just in case you were posting to the US forums but playing on another region, I also checked out the other region's pages...

Europe - No heroes
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/HellSlayer-1804/career

Asia - No heroes
https://kr.diablo3.com/ko/profile/HellSlayer-1804/career

So, are you posting from one account yet playing on another?
06/29/2019 01:12 AMPosted by Meteorblade

They are looking at your profile's Career page...
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/HellSlayer-1804/career

Just in case you were posting to the US forums but playing on another region, I also checked out the other region's pages...

Europe - No heroes
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/HellSlayer-1804/career

Asia - No heroes
https://kr.diablo3.com/ko/profile/HellSlayer-1804/career

So, are you posting from one account yet playing on another?

Sounds like a console player to me.

Your profile. It says you have a level 9 wizard and 14 career paragon points.

The cost benefit of getting stash tabs is too high imo.

I spent literally 14 hours this season to get my stash tab. Most the things on the season journey are things you are going to do with normal game play. The only exceptions are set dungeon, 2 conquests, and the no set gr's. As stated above, if Sprinter/Speed Racer is too tough solo (which it is the most difficult conquest solo), then do any 2 of the other 8 conquests. Every class has at least 1 face-roll set dungeon, do that. No set gr's are ez-mode this season with the LON buff. Now just pick the 2 easiest conquests and quit crying.
Do not listen to anyone that says it is easy or impossible. It's somewhere in the middle of that.

"If at first you don't succeed..."

As someone mentioned there used to be a guide made somewhere just for this challenge, and someone may well have already posted it. From memory, the most likely to complete these were the Chicken WD set and DH. As far I know it is probably what someone has already said by now, all classes have likely beaten it and some are more likely to succeed more often than others.

P.S - I classify "easy" as everyone that has tried it did it first attempt, and "impossible" as nobody has done it yet.
06/29/2019 05:59 PMPosted by Bassdude
Do not listen to anyone that says it is easy or impossible. It's somewhere in the middle of that.

"If at first you don't succeed..."

As someone mentioned there used to be a guide made somewhere just for this challenge, and someone may well have already posted it. From memory, the most likely to complete these were the Chicken WD set and DH. As far I know it is probably what someone has already said by now, all classes have likely beaten it and some are more likely to succeed more often than others.

P.S - I classify "easy" as everyone that has tried it did it first attempt, and "impossible" as nobody has done it yet.

The guide is here: http://paulius.50webs.com/diablo3.html

As for classes, it goes:

Monk >>> DH > Wiz/Necro/WD > Crusader/Barb

Every class can solo it but it's the easiest as a monk, whereas you really need to know what you're doing if playing a Crusader or Barb.

It's one of those conquests that starts out seeming impossible, but once you run it a few times, it does become a trivial conquest, and one of the fastest ones to complete if going purely after completing the season journey.
06/29/2019 05:21 AMPosted by Khord
Sounds like a console player to me.

On the consoles, heroes are stored locally on the drive of the console, i.e. console players do not have any server-side profile pages. As this player has one, at some time they've played on PC, even if they play on console now.