Amoury item deletion confirmation

General Discussion
Can we get a confirmation before deleting something used in a saved armoury setup, please?

Not something beyond the normal legendary confirmation box, just a change in the message so that I know I'm not only about to delete a legendary, but a used legendary referenced by my armoury.
There's enough confirmation messages as it is.
I think the only thing you can do to to make items used in the armory stand out is to transmog the items. That'll leave a little mark or symbol on the item when you look at them in the stash.
05/28/2019 10:52 AMPosted by Dragonmaster

This wouldn't add any further clicks to the process. It's the same number of clicks as deleting a legendary item regularly -- just a more specific message.
05/28/2019 11:02 AMPosted by eitherxor
05/28/2019 10:52 AMPosted by Dragonmaster

This wouldn't add any further clicks to the process. It's the same number of clicks as deleting a legendary item regularly -- just a more specific message.

If you are paying that much attention to the messages, then you should be able to pay enough attention to what you are salvaging. How many of us actually stop to read that message that pops up when salvaging legendaries?

If you want a confirmation, just move the items you plan to salvage to another character's inventory. Then check the armory to see if any items are missing. If not, then you can safely salvage those items.
I have brought this up until I was going crazy.

The set items should have some sort of indicator or icon on them in addition to a "double conformation" if you want it deleted.

Its already hard enough to identify set items that are in use or assigned to be used............

just saying
why do you have 14 versions of the same item? I have the one I wear and one for reforging (if applicable).
These are the same people that want MOAR Stash!!1!!
you dont need a million duplicates of the same items.
I don't want double confirmation, just a "You use this piece in an armoury set, are you sure?" kind of thing, instead of the regular message. You wouldn't really need to that much extra attention to notice it's a different message from the standard within a split second and get even more used to it over time.
robotically clicking on the confirmation seems to be causing items linked to the armoury to be salvaged,
by reversing the salvage buttons for armoury linked items only, causing the items not to be salvaged is the most asinine point?
not sure if anything should be done to stop the 'problem' was just trying to offer a suggestion that was not overly intrusive.
it seems to me that a far better solution would be to have more stash space or even an individual stash, so that those with multiple builds for multiple classes could isolate their armoury items.
05/28/2019 12:18 PMPosted by Merlin
why do you have 14 versions of the same item? I have the one I wear and one for reforging (if applicable).
These are the same people that want MOAR Stash!!1!!
you dont need a million duplicates of the same items.

Players who play several builds and several classes need the same items with different affixes, like bracers, rings, amulets, off hands etc.
Just for one character you might want to have three different Nemesis bracers, three different Strongarm bracers and perhaps a couple of Lacunis bracers. And then you probably want to keep some extra ones because they might turn out to be better (like if they have life on hit instead of vitality or a better secondary like reduced damage or physical resistance).
To everybody that dislikes this idea, you're simply not using the Armory, or you're not using it extensively. It is extremely difficult to keep track of all the pieces of gear that are associated with now 10 different builds that the Armory stores.

I myself have had the misfortune of salvaging an item that I couldn't figure out why I needed it. Later on, when I go to with its associated build, and it tells me it's got a finger, neck, or belt missing, then I figure I shouldn't have salvaged that thing.

In fact I'd like to go so far as to give us a "Notes" area within the item dialog box where we can make a short note as to what the item is for and why we have it.
05/28/2019 11:26 AMPosted by TimberWolf
If you are paying that much attention to the messages, then you should be able to pay enough attention to what you are salvaging.
Indeed! At a maximum usage condition, we have 900 slots for pieces of gear when we are playing a single character. Are you telling me you're going to remember what every single one of those pieces is for, whether or not a particular build, may be an offbeat build, that uses a weird piece?
05/28/2019 08:44 PMPosted by char
are you sure you want to salvage item?
Yes No

(Items linked to armory)
Are you sure you want to salvage item?
No Yes
Most asinine way to make a ridiculous invalid point I've ever seen.