Solo Xp needs some love

General Discussion
Highly Rated
It cant be just me that think its way to much gap betwin farming experience solo over group play. Lets help each other hit the like thumb button and lets hope developers see this or leave a comment.

i would love to see developer to comment here why they so afraid of buffing up solo xp only thing i see is they are afraid of bots going wild if they make solo a thing wich they lost controll many seasons ago and i dont see that as reason to punish all the ppl out there that wants to game solo.

It feels if im gona play this game i have to quit my job to keep up whit a group and only play when my group want me to play or im out from the group. Group play should be an option not a must . if i want to game solo, 2-man, 3-man it should not be so much diffrent in xp over a 4 -man party.

I dont have the exact number but the xp diffrence is when playing to around 2000 paragon
Group efficiency "rat runs/chargebarb meta" it takes = 200 hours
Solo efficiency "speedbuild gr90-100 around 3-5 minuts takes = 400-600 hours
u dont have to be rocket scientist to see its huuge differnce. I could mayeb take it if it was 1-5% xp difference not like now over 50%
Blizzard shouldn't waste any more time on this joke a game.
Bots would love this to happen. Bur since I could give two craps about bots I would love to see solo XP buff.
+1 for solo XP buff
Nost likely they don't like solo less strain on resources to have 4 peps playing one rift than 4 peps playing 4 rifts
You get a bonus for being in a group. Solo XP is fine.
I would like seeing a solo game mode, that would be fair enough. Different leaderboars and everything.
experience gain when playing solo should be increased by 30-50%. I would also care less for solo mode then
That would be nice. This would also be nice. Can we get the solo mode some attention. Hopefully it can be implemented some day.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771317050?page=2
Two reasons:

1 it makes no sense.
2 it ruins overall gameplay.

Let me clarify for you. You enter a bar and order a beer for $3. Next enters a group of 5 and order a bucket of 5 beers for $10. Do you tell the bartender you paid $1 too much?

Here's the thing, Diablo is a multiplayer game, it rewards multiplayer and it encourages you to play in a team. Why? Because punishing teams creates diminishing returns.

Let's look at it from a player perspective where you get what you want. You enter a solo game and enjoy a +50% exp increase. Then a friend comes online and wants to play with you, but if he enters your game your exp increase drops to +10%. Is that fair? Do you want to play with your friend then?

This is the continuum problem, and it makes no sense to go about this "reward" backwards, in fact we had this back before RoS and it was the worst time of the game, the complaints were endless as we had an always online game that benefitted greatly from playing solo and suffered in teams. There's no reason to go back to that.

I will say it again, that if you people were smart and tried to understand what you attempt to argue for, you'd actually think about the ramifications of those changes. Thereby you might even realize that the true issue lies in an unnecessary buff that exists.
04/24/2019 08:05 AMPosted by KiWeN
Two reasons:

1 it makes no sense.

Let me clarify for you. You enter a bar and order a beer for $3. Next enters a group of 5 and order a bucket of 5 beers for $10. Do you tell the bartender you paid $1 too much?

Here's the thing, Diablo is a multiplayer game, it rewards multiplayer and it encourages you to play in a team. Why? Because punishing teams creates diminishing returns.

Let's look at it from a player perspective where you get what you want. You enter a solo game and enjoy a +50% exp increase. Then a friend comes online and wants to play with you, but if he enters your game your exp increase drops to +10%. Is that fair? Do you want to play with your friend then?

This is the continuum problem, and it makes no sense to go about this "reward" backwards, in fact we had this back before RoS and it was the worst time of the game, the complaints were endless as we had an always online game that benefitted greatly from playing solo and suffered in teams. There's no reason to go back to that.

I will say it again, that if you people were smart and tried to understand what you attempt to argue for, you'd actually think about the ramifications of those changes. Thereby you might even realize that the true issue lies in an unnecessary buff that exists.

Mr Kiwen when i read ur post i dont know if its a joke.

I have 2 reason for u
1) u havent read what i wrote
2) it seems u dont play this game according to ur coment

What the hell is this for comment///

as for current state of diablo group play has +50% exp increase over solo or even more. if u didnt know there is a buff called "STREANGT IN NUMBERS" that means every guy u inv in party it inc xp buff so when 3 ppl joins u created a 4 man party that means 3 times more xp will u get whit 4 ppl in a group . That means if u play solo u get 10 xp/hour but if u inv 3 more ppl and plays group u get 40xp/hour and that my friend means u got damn want to inv friends to play whit not like u said.

But it dosent end there why group is a favor and a must just by streangt in numbers it is somting like 30% inc xp. It will not just help inc solo 30% or just take away that buff from game if u look how high can u clear solo or whit a group speed runs fast.
If u look now when u play group u can do speedruns 3 minuts run on greater rift 115.
and when u do solo its 3 minuts run around greater rift 90-95 just there its another 20-30% diffrence and how can u not see its a good thing to buff solo xp and let ppl play the game SOLO whenever they want and still feel they are effiency and not to be forced and in need of 3 other nerd friends and constant feeel the pressure from i must join a group.

Even if they buff 50%-60% more xp per greater rift for solo players i would still gues it still gona be more effiency to play a 4 man party but we are one step closer to not feel totaly garbage
I read this part and realized you had no idea what you were trying to achieve:
04/23/2019 02:49 PMPosted by KingIlle

i would love to see developer to comment here why they so afraid of buffing up solo xp

Then you went on to this, and I knew you had no idea as to what and why:

I dont have the exact number but the xp diffrence is when playing to around 2000 paragon
u dont have to be rocket scientist to see its huuge differnce. I could mayeb take it if it was 1-5% xp difference not like now over 50%

Now you say this:
04/24/2019 09:08 AMPosted by KingIlle

as for current state of diablo group play has +50% exp increase over solo or even more. if u didnt know there is a buff called "STREANGT IN NUMBERS" that means every guy u inv in party it inc xp buff so when 3 ppl joins u created a 4 man party that means 3 times more xp will u get whit 4 ppl in a group . That means if u play solo u get 10 xp/hour but if u inv 3 more ppl and plays group u get 40xp/hour and that my friend means u got damn want to inv friends to play whit not like u said.

[/quote]
And it is clear as day you have no clue about what actually happens. Stop trying to fix things without understanding what the problem is. That's the main reason there are so many problems in D3 in the first place. Players suggesting buffs that scew things in a bad direction and developers following that, is the source of why things are so bad.

Strength in Numbers adds 10% per player entering, up to 30%. so where you gain 10 exp you'd gain 13 exp instead. Is it a pointless buff? Absolutely! Does it need to change? Not at all. It has to GO! I can suggest trying to actually look at teamplay of the game here: https://us.diablo3.com/en/game/guide/gameplay/playing-with-friends

Now the first change was to divide exp bonus evenly out on the team, next the exp gain was reduced to 1/10th. Next step should be to just let group dynamic great the advantages. And that's the message you fail to deliver, as you reasoning for your arguments are wrong.

Playing in groups should be beneficial, but the dynamic of being more players to slay the monsters are well enough as monster HP doesn't double anymore per player.

So the next logical thing would be to look at the Monster HP increase per player. Since right now 1 player means monsters have 100%, at 2 player it is 150% (which is fine), however at 3 players it's 200% and 4 players means 250% hp for monsters.

These are the correct adjusting tools for teamplay vs solo, there's absolutely no reason to implement any form for "solo buff", and especially not in an online game. The issue is real but the fix is not introduce more weird rewards that actually punish players for playing with others.
Two reasons:

1 it makes no sense.

this is true but look at it like this 2 player can go hier then one player makeing up the xp loss and on top of that they can do the rifft faster makeing up the xp loss lol
+1 for this idea. It should not be 2-3x WORSE for a solo player than in a party.
follower can use hellfire ring (+4.5%) and leoric ring (+3.0%), but its devided by 5 for Solo xp , so you get (7,5/5=) 1.5%. But you don't want to lose occulus ring.
Give us a crafted amulett (+10%) (even with very bad affixes, intended) and it should be devided by 2, not 5.

If you use all three items, you get 17,5%/2 =8,75% or if you play with occulus 14,5%/2 = 7,25%.
The XP gap is merely a symptom. The problem is groups revolving around broken ZDPS builds that allow them to trivialize A LOT of incoming damage, which in return translates into far higher GR clears, and consequently, far higher augments and gem levels. It's a massive performance advantage that simply shouldn't be a thing.

Stack this on top of the laughably disparate bounty reward structure, which translates into a needlessly tedious solo experience. It's why split bounties are a thing.
It cant be just me that think its way to much gap betwin farming experience solo over group play. Lets help each other hit the like thumb button and lets hope developers see this or leave a comment.

i would love to see developer to comment here why they so afraid of buffing up solo xp only thing i see is they are afraid of bots going wild if they make solo a thing wich they lost controll many seasons ago and i dont see that as reason to punish all the ppl out there that wants to game solo.

It feels if im gona play this game i have to quit my job to keep up whit a group and only play when my group want me to play or im out from the group. Group play should be an option not a must . if i want to game solo, 2-man, 3-man it should not be so much diffrent in xp over a 4 -man party.

yeah they should take away group exp and make everyone gain the same amount.
04/24/2019 06:47 AMPosted by mihaig21
I would like seeing a solo game mode, that would be fair enough. Different leaderboars and everything.

Yes, I'm all for this. I don't do group play, don't need the abuse. I'd love to see separate leaderboards.
Here is video clip from blizzzcon 2015 where they adress and aware of the solo vs group difference starts from 18.34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAlityci0UA

They buffed up solo and closed the gap alittle bit. But then rat runs came aside and i think it started on gr 90-95 speed it felt mean while we gamed rat runs they will nerf that or buff up solo sometimes in future but it never happend and few months later rat runs got better becouse of some ppl found better game play around rat runs gear and skills and suddenly rat runs did gr100-105 and now 5 months ago they buffed set item and lon and rat runs become outta of controll now rat runs do 115s and whit the upcoming LON season rat runs will do 120s :) u see where it goes and solo is stuck on gr 90-95 speed and whitout streangt in number buff.

Dont get me wrong i love rat runs when u have group up i just dont wanna feel usless when gaming solo wich i think mostly players quit the season becouse they cant catch up paragons. Season start in a got damn ferarri race everybody is hyped i think mostly play like crazy first 2 weeks then u hit the wall bad sleep schedule to much pressure for ur body u have to fit in season start gaming /work/school/family/dinners and it get to much on u and u go for a break after 2-4 weeks from diablo and when u come back fresh after lets say maybe 3-7 days u see maybe ur group u played they havent took that break and other players and they dont want u in group becouse u low in paragon they play now 5-10 greater lvl higher speeds when i stopped and my paragon cant do the same damage as they do. Now the only solution is to game solo and catch up paragons but current state of diablo its more or less usless to farm paragons solo to catch up the 4 man groups and its just better quit the season and wait for next one.

I know some of u will say just nerf rat runs. If the nerf. There will just be another broken 4 man speed meta yes a little bit lower on greater rift but not that much maybe 5 greater rift lower as for now rat runs do gr 115 lets say the nerf rat. Probably next 4 man meta will be then 3 wizard and 1 monk and it will start on maybe greater rift 105s and with some tweeks maybe in the end it will do 110s and its still huge diffrence when solo is stuck on 90-95
04/26/2019 10:43 AMPosted by aziure
04/24/2019 06:47 AMPosted by mihaig21

Yes, I'm all for this. I don't do group play, don't need the abuse. I'd love to see separate leaderboards.

Why? Bots would still be present, as would players who simply play more than you and/or get luckier than you.

Unfortunately, the game wasn’t made with leaderboards in mind and they haven’t made the changes necessary for leaderboards to mean anything.. and they’ve made little effort to discourage cheating.