7 years ago tonight...

General Discussion
Error 37! Love it or hate it, Happy Anniversary D3.

What has your best memory been in this game over the years?
Haha yep I am sure a lot of us remember this :D

Vanilla D3 was pretty nuts to beat, even Hell mode had some challenge to it before you reached Inferno :P
I started 2 weeks after, on June 1, so I didn't get any login errors...and then when the Auction House went live, I was a gamblin' fool!

You would think that Blizz would at least say one damn word or even have an all-modes community event buff to mark the passage...but NOPE...nuthin'.
I was there that first night.

It took a couple hours to get all 4 in game overlooking Act1 Town.

We stopped that first night after killing Skeleton King or Butcher.

We used the Azmoden leveling trick for a week before Blizzard nerfed it.

After that, it seemed Blizzard nerfed one thing a week until the game became stale.

We kept finding quick xp leveling chests or bosses and nerf, nerf, nerf.

Blizzard gave us the game, and Blizzard took it away little by little.
Yea, i membah!
05/15/2019 02:37 AMPosted by Chetanji
Blizzard gave us the game, and Blizzard took it away little by little.
Yeah, when I saw that trend, many years ago, I coined the phrase:
"Blizzard giveth and Blizzard taketh away, usually at the same time."
Diablo birthday, where only fans care...
Still have an achievement from 15th may 2012 - i think it is something with repairing an item - ive been one of the lucky ones who indeed could log in to D3 that day, wasnt lasting tho because of periodical disconnects.
I remember when I bought DIII with my friends at the end off an High school day.
Rushing level 60 with them, with snackos/energy drink all in the same room. Being stomped on act II armaggedon and laughing about it. Seven years ago...

Damn, I feel old now.
Diablo 3 came out at a very hard time in my life. The game helped me get through some of the toughest stuff I've ever had to deal with. I've played every season so far, even if just for a couple weeks.

So hyped for season 17!
05/15/2019 06:08 AMPosted by TrvAix
Diablo 3 came out at a very hard time in my life. The game helped me get through some of the toughest stuff I've ever had to deal with. I've played every season so far, even if just for a couple weeks.

So hyped for season 17!

OP was talking about Vanilla D3, long before RoS came out.

Season1 started 5 months after RoS came out.

Season1 started 2 years 3 months after original Diablo III came out.
7 years ago today was the day my wife learned to hate a computer game that stole her husband away. :)
The best money I ever spent for entertainment (D3, RoS, Necro DLC). It now cost me more to take the family to see one move. Happy anniversary D3, I am sorry that your creators have forgotten all about you on your anniversary.
05/15/2019 07:00 AMPosted by Chetanji
05/15/2019 06:08 AMPosted by TrvAix

So hyped for season 17!

OP was talking about Vanilla D3, long before RoS came out.

Season1 started 5 months after RoS came out.

Season1 started 2 years 3 months after original Diablo III came out.

I played Vanilla D3, that's what I meant. I even played the beta on my friend's computer. As well as continued play through to Ros and all the seasons.
At this moment, I don't want to use my phone.
Happy birthday!
Worst memory was struggling through Belial for 3 months, on Hell with my WD. Best was a week before ROS, a skull grasp max zombie dog cd dropped for me in HC. i thought what the hell, throw it on ah, but probably no one will buy it, getting lvl70 gear in a week. Immediately sold for 900 mil, transferred to sc gold and cashed in enough to buy ROS for several friends.
I remember it like it was yesterday. Time flies...7 years...Wow!!

Still enjoy playing, but in very short spurts. Here's to 7 years and many hours played.
Vanilla D3 was awful and I gave up rather quickly. My favorite memory was playing Carnevil back when you could have 23 sycophants. I'm excited to somewhat relive that glory on Friday.
I remember. The 0 vit max regen force armor wizard build that was nerfed. Slow ball DHs being the only class to progress into act 3. Breakings pots and hoping for a 1.2k+ dps weapon or some !@#$ because you were too weak to kill mobs.

Vanilla was fun for a while, but RoS on the whole was a huge improvement.
My favorite memory was the release of Brawling. Those short couple of months when there were not very many stalemate matches, and people were even hosting private tournaments. There were some very talented brawlers in that community.

Once enough time passed people discovered builds that you simply couldn't kill or that could kite forever, but it sure was a fun time to be in game when it was at it's very short lived peak to be out on the Scorched Chapel.