What do you want out of a Diablo 4

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10
06/06/2019 10:32 PMPosted by Stinkyfinger
06/01/2019 05:46 AMPosted by zenasprime
And they've fixed a lot of those complaints over the years. How would Diablo 4 change anything?
It's too late though. The current group would stop playing if they added trading and the current group wouldn't justify a Diablo 4. The masses who left a long time ago are already gone.

Diablo 3 is not a bad game. It's just not a Diablo game. It's a good time filler.

If D4 is done right, in all areas of the game then there is a good chance that the players that left will return. That is unless they bury their heads in the sand and not even bother to learn about D4. If they just don't want to return regardless of how good D4 does become then nothing will bring them back. But that cannot be true for all that left.

Also trading wasn't the sole reason why players left. Trading is something that this game cannot support in its current iteration. A great overhaul of the game itself is what is needed. If you had a wide variety of options to use that were just as viable for a lot of builds. Alternatives to BiS gear then you might be able to have trading. But since sets are so important then I would agree that it is a no go as far as trading goes.

06/07/2019 02:41 PMPosted by Crypto
If that make it bind on account and disable trading Diablo 4 will suffer the same fate as Diablo 3.

Also don't go to extremes and make the game all about trading. A trading simulator won't win the people back.

06/07/2019 02:51 PMPosted by Conners
Auction house with not bind on account items (for selling things between 1 and one level below max level)

AT LEAST THIS!

THIS IS A MUST!

AUCTION HOUSES ARE FUN!

also make NONE of the items bind on account for the first 2-3 years of the game diablo 4 AT LEAST.

Players of this game will not want to be playing a trade simulator yet again. That is what happens when you introduce an AH. The decent to great items have to be hard to find on your own or the market gets flooded with gear that will quickly become worthless to those that want to make gold off of it.
06/09/2019 02:21 PMPosted by PardalBR
06/08/2019 03:58 PMPosted by Orrion
Meh. You should wake up and realize that ain’t in the cards.

Sure it is. i watched a streamer said he has a hot source from one insider employee they will announce that on Blizcon. Everybody got glad on his live.

You need to replace the batteries in your bullsh!t detector.
06/08/2019 07:47 AMPosted by Wierdzodi
3)Story, don't repeat the mess that was Diablo 3(now story mode). I.e. no stupid boss monologues, no butterfly-ladies killing important characters. Get rid of the whole Walt Disney vibe. A mature story progression, worthy of the ending at the world stone & Tyrael, end of Lord of Destruction.

Magic is not always what it seems to be. What appears as harmless might be deadly to those that they are attacking. Such as the case with Cain. His death could've been due to a ritual that was to be used to kill a horadrim. Remember horadrims are not immortal.

Also you have to remember that Cain was just a scholar and loremaster. Instead of being a battle mage of his order. Someone that is just a scholar shouldn't take the most powerful being to kill him. It shouldn't take an intense fight that might destroy half of the world to kill him either.

5. Simplification, stop dumbing everything down to suit casuals, this is the decline of any good game(which i believe you want Diablo 4 to be). i'm not asking for Path of exile levels of sophistication(which i don't want, is excessive). Just take a look at Diablo 2 and compare fundamental mechanics, should be quite obvious.

Path of Exile is like all other games with depth. You can make it harder on yourself by letting yourself be overwhelmed by its complexity. When in reality it isn't that hard. When you learn the basics of what makes a good build in any game with decent depth. Then what was daunting at first becomes child's play.

Depth is not just for hardcore players either. Some casual players like a game with some depth as well. As long as the depth isn't so bad and complex that the casual has to become hardcore just to play the game. If he/she can scrape by with what he/she learns from the game then they will play the game. While the hardcore player will have better builds as it is meant to be.

Increase the cap of players in one game to at least 6, 4 always was and still is a poor number. At the same time, playing solo should still be rewarding and viable unlike D3 where silly paragon farming(Another issue, add hard to achieve but max limit to progression, i.e D2 Lvl 99)

The amount of players on a team isn't what makes a game more or less sociable. The amount of players on a team is chosen based on the graphics of the skills of both players and monsters. All of that eye candy adds up and something has to give. In this case it is usually the amount of players on a team.

Having ways to socialize outside of teams is what would help. Even having a few town hubs where more than just you and your team can be in. Even if you have to limit the number in those town hubs to a small number to prevent lag issues then that would be fine. Having more ways to communicate with others is what is needed instead of adding more to a team.

7. Things to do End-game, Grift could still be in but as a complement, not the main thin(gets old and boring fast). Add Trade/PvP as complement to the PvE grinding. No need for ''Adventure mode'', do a proper story so that you don't need to hide it under the carpet in shame(D3). Proper Interaction with the game-world(not just instances/portal/rifts) is mandatory for the game-world to feel alive. Main focus should be in the game-world and not a portal from town, portals could be found doing grinding/adventure in the game-world leading to different places.

I highly doubt that you will find a lot of players of arpgs that love replaying the story of any arpg to infinity. No, they want to get through it ASAP. That is no matter how good the story is. Even Path of Exile got rid of the doing the story three times in path 3.0.

06/08/2019 08:05 AMPosted by Zala
I'm sure when I see the trailer I'll be super hyped and excited and I'm sure there are features I've never even imagined. That's what I want that d3 cant give me.

I hate saying this but there have been so many games that have come and gone along with those that are still here that seeing anything that is new. Something that has never been done before is going to be hard to come by. It gets worse when you throw in the new games that are coming out.

06/08/2019 10:40 AMPosted by Naoki
Well, sets are ok but not as big as they are in D3. More like Endless Walk, Krelm's, like max 3 items that follow a theme and empower each other, definitely not the 6 pieces class sets brain dead we have now.

Agreed, just not having sets in D4 will not help one bit. What is needed is multiple ways of gearing your character. From crafted gear, legendary gear, good hard to find rares and blues, and sets. Let's say that I want a fast attacking whirlwind barb. I might need a mix of crafted gear along with a few hard to find blues and rares. Next up might be a crit based whirlwind, then I might want a few set items along with legendaries. Next up a might be instead of a pure physical whirlwind I want to have it pure fire. So again I need a different gear setup to match what I am wanting to do with whirlwind. Where each spec is viable in endgame.
06/09/2019 01:48 PMPosted by Trousertrool
Offline Play

This is not likely gonna happen, due to Blizz wanting to protect their IP. Since online only worked for them as far as what they had wanted it to do. The chances of them giving D4 and offline mode is slim and none.

06/09/2019 04:29 PMPosted by naksiloth
06/09/2019 02:21 PMPosted by PardalBR
i watched a streamer said he has a hot source from one insider employee they will announce that on Blizcon.

Most likely a lie or garbage info but so unexpected it could be even true with all these rumors flying around. I'd like a second D3 expansion over D4 as well but guess that ain't gonna happen.

I don't doubt that they are working on D4 as we speak. That is due to the money that they made off of D3. Sure they would've loved to make more money off of D3, but those are the breaks. Why even the father of Diablo Mr. Brevik says that Blizz will make a D4. So it is not a matter of if they will but when will we see in on the shelves.

06/10/2019 07:16 PMPosted by Gibs
Return of real skill trees. Path-to-exile has a brilliant talent system whereas Diablo 3 system feels cheep and lazy. I want to make choices that matter and have consequences.

As long as it is an improvement over D2's skill trees then I am okay with that. But a copy and paste of D2's trees, no way. That would get old very fast.

Internal balance within character skills and abilities. Not a system where you have a huge amount of variety but only a select few are viable. Lots of choice is great but not at the expense of quality.

As long as that difference in power from optimal to less than optimal isn't in the thousands of degrees then it will be fine. If there are a lot of builds that can handle the content. Where only the best builds are about 5% or less in overall combat power. Then it won't make a bit of difference what build you play.

Being able to instantly reset all your talents on a whim removes the permanence of what made Diablo II leveling so engaging.

How engaging is leveling when you have players that have made so many rush games in the years since D2 came out that if I had a dollar for every rush game I would be a millionaire many times over. I have no doubt that the amount of ones that love leveling by listening to the same old story thousands of times are only a minority.

Don't assume players are stupid and you have to spell everything out like a children's book.....its fine to have some mystery and puzzles to unlock along the way.

Mysteries and puzzles are only good for a first time play through. Depending on how good they are most people can figure them out before the story is even finished being told. I knew in D2 that both the stones and the tree would lead to me finding Cain.

Linked account and characters across platforms (PC, Xbox, PS). I should be able to login to my Blizzard account on whatever system and get playing without having to create new characters.

Each system is so different that you just won't get that cross platform play where you can play it on anything you want to play it on, nor should you.
06/23/2019 08:29 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Players of this game will not want to be playing a trade simulator yet again. That is what happens when you introduce an AH. The decent to great items have to be hard to find on your own or the market gets flooded with gear that will quickly become worthless to those that want to make gold off of it.

An auction house and not having the market flooded with hard to get items are not mutually exclusive. This actually is quite simple to fix/regulate.

There should be items that can always be traded.
Then there should be items that can only be traded 2 or 3 times.
And lastly there should be items that can not be traded at all.

Taking the current state of Diablo 3 as an example to illustrate this:
  • white, magic and rare items can be traded without limit
  • most legendary items (the ones without any special effect and the ones that have a legendary effect but that are still not best in slot items for builds, like for example Thunderfury or Fire Walkers) can be traded 2 to 3 times (either via the AH or with party members)
  • Best in Slot legendaries and sets can not be traded at all via the AH (but still with party members for 2 hours)
  • ==============================
    Then there is no problem.
    06/25/2019 10:38 AMPosted by clueso

A mix of Soul Bound and Account Bound would solve the issue. Soul Bound items may not scale with level (difficulty overhaul anyone?) so they may require an upgrade to make it Account Bound and level scaled to 70, to be augmented. Perhaps a new consumable that only drops at level70, allow you to trade it among party for a small perido at the cost of a percentage of max durability.
    There could be many restrictions into play for creating an end-user and prevent item flipping. With pure Account Bound approach, that's not possible. Account Bound only should be used as creating an end-user for Best-in-Slot items.

Watch Blizzcon'18 if you can bear it; Wyatt mentions about a trading system with a mix of Account and Soul Bound. If they gonna repeat AH or not, such high end items must be protected from cycling through market and only low end items must be capable of trade.

A trading simulator won't win the people back.

If it were to have a base ground for PvP, I believe trading would help the case. A large community always sound enticing to every competitive player out there. Trading simulator alone indeed won't return many players in a non-competitive environment without fluent demand, but "easy come, easy go" challenges always take attention.

Would Blizzard go that extra mile to bring trading back to D3? No way. They'd be quite aware they also have to bring PvP back to keep a supply-demand cycle out of seasons. That would raise some questions from the fanbase who are fine with PvE model of course. Game is in maintenance mode and thinking otherwise would only be a nice dream.

What appears as harmless might be deadly to those that they are attacking.

Actually what Maghda casts out are blood sucking moths. She use the same attack against Nephilim and that thing hurts. Just like Witch Doctor breathing out a swarm of locusts. I agree that character design is horrid though.
    06/25/2019 12:05 PMPosted by naksiloth

A mix of Soul Bound and Account Bound would solve the issue. Soul Bound items may not scale with level (difficulty overhaul anyone?) so they may require an upgrade to make it Account Bound and level scaled to 70, to be augmented. Perhaps a new consumable that only drops at level70, allow you to trade it among party for a small perido at the cost of a percentage of max durability.

That is basically an alternative approach to letting some items only be tradeable x times.
    I think a loss in durability would be quite annoying to be honest.

A rare consumable that allows trading of bound items could work as well, but I think simply putting a message under the item like 'this item can only be traded x more times', similar to the message we get right now when we find legendaries in a group ('you can trade this item for x more minutes with player x and player y') is simple and enough.

Watch Blizzcon'18 if you can bear it; Wyatt mentions about a trading system with a mix of Account and Soul Bound. If they gonna repeat AH or not, such high end items must be protected from cycling through market and only low end items must be capable of trade.

I have only watched the gameplay and zone footage of the Diablo Immortal talks, because that was th only stuff I was curious to see. I will not play D:I, so i didn't cared about the sections where they talked about trading and other stuff, but I might rewatch it, eventually.

But I agree that high end items need to be restricted in one way or another from cycling through the market.
    That is basically an alternative approach to letting some items only be tradeable x times.

More or less. If only low end items supposed to circle through trade, "tradeable x times" would work better. If medium-high tier BiS items were to be made cycle through market, then durability loss must be considered to prevent low-end tokens and ever-boasting price of exchanges on same item.
    Durability loss on trade was David Brevik's call to create a better market environment. As far as I'm aware, it had motive to reduce item flipping and ever-stacking profits with each exchange.

I think a loss in durability would be quite annoying to be honest.

It supposed to be annoying. Durability loss on re-occuring trading cause consecutive owners to cut price when trading best-in-slot items away instead of flipping it for massive profits with each exchange.
    Free trade has problems, such as not creating an end-user as well as the stacking of profits for consecutive item trades.

When you found a very rare best in slot item as a Soul Bound (if that thing were to exist) and trade it for a small sum of money; within' the rules of "tradeable x times", next owner most likely will go for higher price at next sale for same item. Because trade counter is dropped and item is now relatively rare for the market. Loss of max durability mitigates that sorta scheme and force consecutive sellers to cut price or sell for smaller profits; denting the item a little yet makes it rarer.
    - Constant contents update
    - More gameplay in game world. less gameplay in instances e.g GR.
    - Less focus on sets
    - More character (Cosmetic) customisation.
    - PvP
    - Good balance between Solo & group
    - More interesting gears & stats
    06/23/2019 08:29 PMPosted by ShadowAegis

An auction house and not having the market flooded with hard to get items are not mutually exclusive. This actually is quite simple to fix/regulate.

• most legendary items (the ones without any special effect and the ones that have a legendary effect but that are still not best in slot items for builds, like for example Thunderfury or Fire Walkers) can be traded 2 to 3 times (either via the AH or with party members)
  • Best in Slot legendaries and sets can not be traded at all via the AH (but still with party members for 2 hours)

I still say that before you have any kind of free trading going on in this game the game would need an overhaul of itemization at the very least. Where you would have many alternative ways to gear your character in order to have a good build.

Then trading could be done similar to PoE or other games that (non mmos) that don't have an AH. That way the gear could be made hard to find. As long as the alternative gear to BiS isn't nigh impossible to find as well.

Would Blizzard go that extra mile to bring trading back to D3? No way. They'd be quite aware they also have to bring PvP back to keep a supply-demand cycle out of seasons. That would raise some questions from the fanbase who are fine with PvE model of course. Game is in maintenance mode and thinking otherwise would only be a nice dream.

This is actually about D4 and my take is a better itemization system with a better character progression system (yes a system of spending points that is not paragon). Some sort of skill tree system, they can be similar to PoE or even games like Grim Dawn, Wolcen or even Last Epoch.
    @ShadowAegis

I still say that before you have any kind of free trading going on in this game the game would need an overhaul of itemization at the very least. Where you would have many alternative ways to gear your character in order to have a good build.

Of course, I was just taking D3 as an example to easily illustrate the point, but I was more referring to this approach to trading being applied to D4 (if D4 has trading).

I don't know if they have the capacities (in regards to the number of employees, creative people and mentally healthy and not overworked/over-stressed people) to actually do that in D4, but it definitely would be nice to have several, interesting Best in Slot items for each slot that at the same time are also not so significantly more powerful to the rest of the items like BiS items are in D3.
    What do you want out of a Diablo 4

06/01/2019 04:06 AMPosted by zenasprime
    that you wouldn't already be getting out of Diablo 3?

Proper leveling system similar to that of Diablo 2. None of that infinite Paragon crap.

Proper skill system. One that grants power to your skills even without gear, similar to that of Diablo 2.

Proper trading system. Something similar to that of Diablo 2 / Path of Exile / Warframe.
    If possible, something that allows for bartering (trading an item for another item) and if possible -- not a single currency like gold, rather mats similar to PoE.

Proper itemization. None of that all your slots being predetermined crap from RoS. Something similar to D2 or PoE.
    Much less randomness and variance when it comes to item rolls. None of that RoS crap. Something similar to D2 where the item has predetermined stats and out of 6-7 stats, one or two have small min-max variance.
    06/01/2019 05:46 AMPosted by zenasprime
    If you're just looking for Diablo 2, why not just play Diablo 2?

Plenty of people still play D2. It's not as easy to track, as not all of them play on battle.net.
    Many play in Single Player or over LAN with a plugy mod (infinite shared stash).
    Many play on private servers.
    D2:LoD is a good game even for today's standard. However, it gets old after 19 years.
    I would like something new, that has good and meaningful systems in place instead of that D3 RoS crap.
    how about taking from WoW, and no fixed storylines, add stuff like the do for WoW, new zones,new quests,etc. also be able to transfer stuff from D3 to D4, like Guild Wars did, also how about events? not just rifts,but like a holiday (Halloween, Christmas)