What do you want out of a Diablo 4

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
06/07/2019 02:51 PMPosted by Conners
Auction house with not bind on account items (for selling things between 1 and one level below max level)

Account bound system is a must to create static properties for players and prevent free trade from abusal. Tradeable item classes can be created by other means and stabilizing them. All open free trade can not happen after what people went through in D2. There was a huge third party influence and I doubt Blizzard would leave the spot for this sorta thing. There can be a middle ground to it between free trade and restriction by creating proper item sinks.

If you were to ask me, I'd say it's not even too late for D3 but drawbacks would be rather severe and confusing for a game that old. Also without proper PvP scene, trading would have no meaning to it.
So far, everyone have the same luck at RNG and game is far from being competitive. Even though RNG creates the biggest derive out there in the recent game design ideals of Blizzard. Creating a huge slot machine with no community influence is their latest fever, giving illusion of competing with other players by creating immeasureable powergaps.

If there's any competitiveness that's in your mind as you put your own goals to the point of being burn out. Trade model is exact reverse to that, it thrives with community. Without any influence from the community or real competitive elements such as; PvP or diverse end game goals besides GRs, it wouldn't stand long. Either that, or people would start to complain because other people are having all the fun as it would be seen as a P2W model with bot influences.
A dark and gritty experience like the previous games. I mean we are killing demons right?
06/07/2019 02:51 PMPosted by Conners
Auction house with not bind on account items (for selling things between 1 and one level below max level)

AT LEAST THIS!

THIS IS A MUST!

AUCTION HOUSES ARE FUN!

also make NONE of the items bind on account for the first 2-3 years of the game diablo 4 AT LEAST.

An AH in D4 could work, but not if it is like in D3 with unlimited trading.

I like the approach of some items being able to be traded without limitation, then other item only being able to be traded once or twice before they become BoA (like legendaries) and some items not being able to be traded at all (like the most powerful best-in-slot items, and other very powerful things).

That way, the best way to gear up your character still would be to play the game and not the AH as it was in D3 vanilla.

What I also could imagine would be some sort of Bazar, instead of an AH, where someone shows what he offers and what he want's in return, whether that is gold, gems, crafting materials, runes (eventually, if the implement them) or other specific items or a mix of these and then people can place their offers not just in the form of gold.

And what D4 also could need would be some sort of Self-found Mode, where people can choose to either let their character be on a server where they have access to trading and a server where you still can play with others, but you can not trade (neither via an AH, nor share items that another party member found). Some people prefer to play one way or another.
D4 should have a trading post where people can list the items they want to trade with a description of what they’re looking for and other people can make offers anonymously. This would facilitate free trade while killing third party websites from selling for $$$. Because you would not be able to target an individual to trade with, free market would prevent sites from selling primal for example for 1 gold and getting real money behind the scenes. Prohibit direct player to player trading. Boom problem solved and everyone is happy.
Leah to return also maybe have Diablo go to Azeroth.
would be nice to trade items....able to play with others on your level....

they honestly just need to get diablo 2 makers and sit down with path of exile makers and make a diablo 4
this is what i would like to see in a new diablo game
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iMbfDHBi_GywZTnX9fXLBzIihYA1B5kKRn2ptn1C4Xg/edit?usp=sharing
Truly unique items with with powerful stats that may be traded in the Auction House. This is one thing D4 needs.
06/07/2019 07:57 PMPosted by aeligos
Truly unique items with with powerful stats that may be traded in the Auction House. This is one thing D4 needs.

Yes, but not the most powerful legendary items, because otherwise it will result in the same problem that D3 classic had, where the best way to get the best gear was to farm the AH instead of playing the game.

Also, legendaries in general (except the most powerful ones) should only be able to be traded ~2 times, so that the economy does not get inflated with these items which would also cause them to be too easy to get.
1)None-cartoon wow graphics, i.e. not the 'diablo' atmosphere missing in Diablo 3.

2)Good Itemization(unlike diablo 3). Set items should be one layer of items to hunt for, not mandatory. I.e. Uniqes/rares that matters/socketed white/blue items etc. Make an itemization that is worthy of Diablo 2. Uniques/legendaries must feel powerful again, these are not instant salvage for craft mats. In fact the whole Diablo 3 system with crafting legendaries is ridiculous and should go away if they game is to be taken seriously(as an arpg successor to Diablo 1 & 2)

3)Story, don't repeat the mess that was Diablo 3(now story mode). I.e. no stupid boss monologues, no butterfly-ladies killing important characters. Get rid of the whole Walt Disney vibe. A mature story progression, worthy of the ending at the world stone & Tyrael, end of Lord of Destruction.

4)Skills, get rid of the entire ''skill runes'' system unless you do a proper balance job, many of them if not a majority are completely unused in Diablo 3(partly the fault of the poor Diablo 3 itemization). Some sort of tree or skill/talent specialization, either as complement to a properly executed skill rune system or as a replacement if you can't handle the former. Point is, add depth to characters(''rpg'') as any proper arpg game does.

5. Simplification, stop dumbing everything down to suit casuals, this is the decline of any good game(which i believe you want Diablo 4 to be). i'm not asking for Path of exile levels of sophistication(which i don't want, is excessive). Just take a look at Diablo 2 and compare fundamental mechanics, should be quite obvious.

6. Much improved online interaction and sense of players actually existing in-game, Diablo 2 battlenet offered a far superior interaction with other fellow gamers, it felt alive unlike Diablo 3 that feels like a deserted ghostown(Even when the game was more active a few years ago). Increase the cap of players in one game to at least 6, 4 always was and still is a poor number. At the same time, playing solo should still be rewarding and viable unlike D3 where silly paragon farming(Another issue, add hard to achieve but max limit to progression, i.e D2 Lvl 99)

7. Things to do End-game, Grift could still be in but as a complement, not the main thin(gets old and boring fast). Add Trade/PvP as complement to the PvE grinding. No need for ''Adventure mode'', do a proper story so that you don't need to hide it under the carpet in shame(D3). Proper Interaction with the game-world(not just instances/portal/rifts) is mandatory for the game-world to feel alive. Main focus should be in the game-world and not a portal from town, portals could be found doing grinding/adventure in the game-world leading to different places.
06/01/2019 04:06 AMPosted by zenasprime
that you wouldn't already be getting out of Diablo 3?

I'm asking this because I really don't see the point in a Diablo 4 and am curious why people are screaming bloody murder until they get it.

Well I think that if I knew how exactly to make a great diablo game I'd already work for blizzard. So what I want is something fresh that feels like diablo, that looks like diablo, and has blizzards timeless polish they put onto their games. I want advancement to the franchise. I'm sure when I see the trailer I'll be super hyped and excited and I'm sure there are features I've never even imagined. That's what I want that d3 cant give me.
I don't want DIABLO 4, wake up!

I like Diablo 3.

I want a HUGE diablo 3 expansion. A lot of more end-game things to do daily.
nothing like d3 hopefully.
I'd like every single legendary to have a meaningful power that will scale depending on its quality. For example, an ancient whatever will fire 2 additional beams of whatever but the primal will fire 3.

I'd like crafted gear to be more impactful and necessary for particular game features. I like what they did with the hellfire amulet for example; you need to get specific drops from specific places which can only be accessed by killing the Keywardens. More like that.

I'd like difficulty modes to be altered by more than just % hp and % damage of mobs. Similar to WoW's M+, higher difficulties should employ different affixes. How about a fire version of arcane sentry or one that drops multiple sentries of different damage types so you can't use one of the immunity amulets to get through them?

Lastly, though, I'd really love a more indepth story written by more competent writers who won't fall into the bucket of stereotypes that we have seen in D3. The manual for D2, for example, had all this great writing about the Sin War and the Horadrim's founding and all that. If similar writing could be implemented that'd be great.

The world of Sanctuary has always been more appealing to me than the other franchises but they've never harnessed it. In a way, D3 does have random quests and such...but they're usually completely irrelevant to the main plot. Even if they started seeding longer more involved quests through as "random" quests, that'd be nice.

I liked how we met the necromancer Mehtan like twice or something in random quests. Why not link them all together and give us an interesting side journey with this guy? Connect it to the whole Cult of Rathma origins of the Necromancers. The high heavens plot is pretty much abandoned. Imperius isn't just going to be a-okay with Tyrael taking Malthael's spot. They could, if they wanted, go towards a Game of Thrones style politics + magic path in a D4.

I enjoyed the very brief time in A2 when there was talk of dissent in Caldeum -- and then, of course, turns out the kid is Belial (cuz no one saw that coming!!! *eye roll*). More like that just without the cheese.
for it to be released. im bored of the same old.
As someone said, character development.

D3 lvl 70 cap is a chore, all skills are always available to everyone, and then paragon points which after lvl 800 is +5 main stat.

We do not invest in skills or abilities.

This is even worse than the itemization with fixed standard mods everywhere, for my taste!!

I like re-speccing at a cost in case you want to change your build.

But right now is just... meeeeeeehh!!!

Something like lvling up your skills each time you level, make leveling up the core of the game with no sleazy micro-transactions that allow you to buy character lvls.

NOOOO!!

We used to like errr LOVE games with a soul not monetized!!

Other than that I hope they come with fresh ideas and lessons learnt!!
Oh and another idea:

Soulbound items that lvl up with you.

Yes, a legendary item drops, which should feel that, LEGENDARY, and it grows with you.

It could have a default set of mods (more interesting than chc, chd, cdr, rcr..., I mean something spectacular that's actually useful, %chance to cast effect that is really good etc)

After a condition is met, like a checkpoint (ie kill 15000 monsters with this equipped) it gains a couple more mods.

Another condition met, (deal 500000000 cold dmg with this equipped) another 2 mods gained.

And finally a 3rd condition. Like super late game and the final mod(s)

This item is soulbound when you equip it and it could only be used by that character.

If you want to use it on another character you must re-bind it to the new one losing all the progress with it you had with that character.

That would feel awesome! (Pillars of Eternity anyone?)
Path of Exile with the graphics/lore/classes of Diablo1-3 basically. Legendaries being legendary and not getting 100 of them in an hour. Think the first few months of Diablo 3 rarity. This is a big one and will decide if I buy D4 or not. NO SET ITEMS. I am fine with random legendaries that boost a certain ability, but your build should not be set in stone because of a legendary set that gives you a 16,000% modifier.

Another big one. An actual complex skill tree like what Poe and other games have. One where you can spend hours making builds and actually using your brain. Trading is another thing that needs to come back.
06/08/2019 10:19 AMPosted by Verees
Path of Exile with the graphics/lore/classes of Diablo1-3 basically. Legendaries being legendary and not getting 100 of them in an hour. Think the first few months of Diablo 3 rarity. This is a big one and will decide if I buy D4 or not. NO SET ITEMS. I am fine with random legendaries that boost a certain ability, but your build should not be set in stone because of a legendary set that gives you a 16,000% modifier.

Another big one. An actual complex skill tree like what Poe and other games have. One where you can spend hours making builds and actually using your brain. Trading is another thing that needs to come back.

Well, sets are ok but not as big as they are in D3. More like Endless Walk, Krelm's, like max 3 items that follow a theme and empower each other, definitely not the 6 pieces class sets brain dead we have now.
They can just add more class DLCs and game modes like arcade mode or dungeon mode into d3.

D3's combat is very smooth. And looks better than POE.

Just fix the lag and add more DLC, I think that'll be a better solution than D4.