Blackthorn's: Rend Set

General Discussion
Let's remove Rend from Waste and give Rend it's own set. Rend would be in Skill bar, but Rend would be inflicted on enemies on hit (Physical hit) for one minute after an actual of Rend. This would allow a variety of play styles to be used, FC, WW, Frenzy Weapon Throw, but no DOTS.

What do y'all think about that?
Many of the skills that have buffs to them via legendary items were supposed to be in a form of a set, but that got scrapped after Jay Wilson left.
Personally, I don't think blackthorne should be made into a class specific set, instead it should be a set that's applicable to all classes.
05/05/2019 11:25 PMPosted by Oblivion
Personally, I don't think blackthorne should be made into a class specific set, instead it should be a set that's applicable to all classes.

It already is, you are immune to desi, molten, plagued ....... G fin G
05/05/2019 11:31 PMPosted by Coco

I would love to see them rework Blackthorn set, making it usable by all class and viable in endgame. Immunity to those effects are nice, but really not worth the slots of class sets or LoN gears.

Please explain which class other than Barbarians have Rend available to them...
05/06/2019 01:32 AMPosted by Meteorblade

Please explain which class other than Barbarians have Rend available to them...

Read again what he quoted (hint: not Rend)
A melee build based on Rend, Overpower, and Revenge would be pretty cool. However, Blackthorns is NOT the place for it.

Honestly, a lot of these unused skills each class has can probably have an entirely new set made for them. Pitty it will likely never happen.
05/06/2019 04:30 AMPosted by Chosen
Read again what he quoted (hint: not Rend)

The thread's title is... Blackthorn's: Rend Set

The thread's opening post is suggesting that Rend is removed from the Barbarian's Wrath of the Wastes armour set and instead added to the Blackthorne's armour set. That would result in the Blackthorne's set having a Barbarian only bonus, i.e. turn it into a class-specific armour set.

I'm not the one with the reading comprehension problem.
05/06/2019 04:50 AMPosted by Meteorblade
The thread's title is... Blackthorn's: Rend Set

The thread's opening post is suggesting that Rend is removed from the Barbarian's Wrath of the Wastes armour set and instead added to the Blackthorne's armour set. That would result in the Blackthorne's set having a Barbarian only bonus, i.e. turn it into a class-specific armour set.

I'm not the one with the reading comprehension problem.

The thread's title might include the word Rend, but the post you're referring to does not. The post you refer to is itself referring to the current Blackthorne's set, not the one proposed in the OP. That is, it's stating that the set as-is, is already usable by every class (and it is).

All classes doesn't work and Barbs are the most lacking.
05/06/2019 07:00 AMPosted by DieHarder
All classes doesn't work and Barbs are the most lacking.

If blackthorne is given to barbs, barbs would then have 5 sets, that's one more than the rest of the classes (bout 4), so blizzard would then either have to make another set for each class (which chances of them doing so is close to nil) or endure the eventual outcry from the community.

Apologies
I should've said that blackthorne should be buffed while retaining it's applicability for all classes.
Remember when Blackthorne's was a thing? I member.