Blizzcon 2019: D2LOD Remastered or Diablo Immortal?

General Discussion
D2 LoD remastered is a bad move in my opinion. First of all, even it existing would split the community. Eventually Blizzard would wanna fix and correct some issues and they'll overdo it instead.

People who's really interested in "graphics update" may still play Diablo 3, as they won't have enough patience to learn anything from D2 anyway. So far, doing a graphics update don't worth the risk of splitting a community and I do hope Blizzard is aware of that.
Best approach here is releasing a graphics update like a DLC pack for smoother and sharpened animation and high resolution compatibility. A separated game, risks spreading a community for no good reason.

D:I is bound to be release after Blizzcon in a month or so, may delayed to next year. I believe it won't be a pleasing sight, so if D:I will have a stand it most likely won't take the large stage again.
If they fail on emulation for PC and NSwitch, D:I will be a lost cause. If they don't add blockchain technology then I guess we won't see D:I more than 2-3 years as well, no matter how often they plan to update it.

What would get me as a surprise would be a D4 or MMO-lite Diablo announce of course, but I'd lose my mind over a second D3 expansion announcement more likely.
You have no idea how I wish for that, yet I know it won't happen when company gave signals of seeking short term interest return with movies and mobile already. I'll keep a closer look at the quarter reports as Blizzcon nears and see if virtual goodies given with VT offers a high quality cosmetic for Diablo.
05/13/2019 04:24 AMPosted by Benris
Netflix and breakfast cereal.

The cereal comes with a bowl you can only put half of what you want in it.
05/13/2019 11:13 AMPosted by naksiloth
D2 LoD remastered is a bad move in my opinion. First of all, even it existing would split the community.

A remastered can't split the community. A remake can.

Both starcraft and SC remastered owners can play together online.
It makes sense to blizzard to make them compatible to keep low the maintenance costs and fixes.
D2-LoD remaster? Just a graphics update? Sure it will satiate the D2-LoD loyalist crowd and the nostalgia crowd for a while. However, I fully expect that folks will bore of it relatively fast. I like D2-LoD but I'm not joining a 10k Baal runs community.

Fixes for D3? Management has no interest in this because remember D3 was nothing more than a cash grab via the auction houses with a grinding game build around it as a technical disguise. They slapped the Diablo name on it and waited for the community to behave like mindless zombies forking over their life savings. We might see a few updates here and there but without deducting an Alexander Hamilton or an Andrew Jackson from our bank accounts we should not expect a game wide overhaul that will be done correctly.

If they announce Toilet Paper Immortal, steel your resolve and keep your emotions in check. Booing is fine but don't allow anger to boil over. An angry customer is a customer that can be manipulated. Do you really want Kotick and company pulling and tugging at your heart strings like you are a small wooden puppet?

Let's assume they announce D4 and have some pretty cinematic trailer to show. Here is how we should respond:
1 - fold your arms
2 - straighten your face
3 - close your mouth and do not smile
4 - take a deep breath in/out through your nose
5 - do a long 2 second blink to clear your eyes
6 - stare straight forward and watch the trailer
7 - when the trailer ends take another deep breath in/out through your nose
8 - keep your face straight, mouth closed, and do not smile or smirk
9 - do not clap
10 - do not cheer
11 - say nothing
12 - wait for the devs to attempt to feel off of hype/emotion and watch the pit of their stomach sink deep into their anal cavity when they realize there is no hype to feed off of.
13 - remain calm, keep a straight face, a closed mouth and show no emotion

This is a poker face moment. Let them earn our:
- money
- trust
- respect

There is no hype train here. Stop looking for it.
After the last Blizzcon desaster they somewhat already leaked, that D4 should have been announced in some form, so a D4 announcement would be likely. Still I do not care if they announce a D2 remastered, a D4, a diablo film or anything like that. I am only interested in enjoyable content. A game that can compete with the rest on the marked. A game that picks up the strengths of D2 and add new mechanics. A game that offers different builds, different endgame content, challenges and skill based gameplay.

But if I have to make a guess about this blizzcon, I would assume they announce some cooperation with netflix, tease D4 only with some clips (no gameplay) and maybe mention the release of Diablo Immortal.
Diablo 4
A new concept art book, Diablo immortal release date, and info on the next patch.
05/13/2019 11:13 AMPosted by naksiloth
D2 LoD remastered is a bad move in my opinion. First of all, even it existing would split the community. Eventually Blizzard would wanna fix and correct some issues and they'll overdo it instead.

Trust me, the population in D2LOD remastered > D3ROS, probably bypass it by a ton
According to Rhykker we have a 95% chance of getting a D4 reveal at this year's Blizzcon. We will see...
05/13/2019 08:56 PMPosted by Krine
According to Rhykker we have a 95% chance of getting a D4 reveal at this year's Blizzcon. We will see...

Most likely just a cinematic trailer if true, still the game won't be out until 2-3 years later.
Diablo 4 or go home.
there will never be a diablo 4, get over it.
I wont hype myself again and get disappointed
05/13/2019 12:25 PMPosted by BossDogg
D2-LoD remaster? Just a graphics update? Sure it will satiate the D2-LoD loyalist crowd and the nostalgia crowd for a while. However, I fully expect that folks will bore of it relatively fast. I like D2-LoD but I'm not joining a 10k Baal runs community.

Fixes for D3? Management has no interest in this because remember D3 was nothing more than a cash grab via the auction houses with a grinding game build around it as a technical disguise. They slapped the Diablo name on it and waited for the community to behave like mindless zombies forking over their life savings. We might see a few updates here and there but without deducting an Alexander Hamilton or an Andrew Jackson from our bank accounts we should not expect a game wide overhaul that will be done correctly.

If they announce Toilet Paper Immortal, steel your resolve and keep your emotions in check. Booing is fine but don't allow anger to boil over. An angry customer is a customer that can be manipulated. Do you really want Kotick and company pulling and tugging at your heart strings like you are a small wooden puppet?

Let's assume they announce D4 and have some pretty cinematic trailer to show. Here is how we should respond:
1 - fold your arms
2 - straighten your face
3 - close your mouth and do not smile
4 - take a deep breath in/out through your nose
5 - do a long 2 second blink to clear your eyes
6 - stare straight forward and watch the trailer
7 - when the trailer ends take another deep breath in/out through your nose
8 - keep your face straight, mouth closed, and do not smile or smirk
9 - do not clap
10 - do not cheer
11 - say nothing
12 - wait for the devs to attempt to feel off of hype/emotion and watch the pit of their stomach sink deep into their anal cavity when they realize there is no hype to feed off of.
13 - remain calm, keep a straight face, a closed mouth and show no emotion

This is a poker face moment. Let them earn our:
- money
- trust
- respect

There is no hype train here. Stop looking for it.

Its really pathetic how many people would rather tank a company than just walk away for a while
05/14/2019 02:31 AMPosted by Thorbalt
Its really pathetic how many people would rather tank a company than just walk away for a while

It's really pathetic how a company would rather tank than listen to what their customers have been telling them they want for years.
05/13/2019 04:11 AMPosted by Thörior
A new expansion.

They canceled the 2nd expansion back in 2016, Blizzard basically thought D3 was overall bad, and thus killed anymore development on it.
05/14/2019 03:28 AMPosted by Masq
Blizzard basically thought D3 was overall bad

Any upper chair would call one of the top 10 most sold video game in history; a bad product? I learn something new every day.

and thus killed anymore development on it.

More likely data from their D3 China Cash shop busted in and they decided to scrap it for changing direction. That's what you saw in Blizzcon'18; a tail flick.
They canceled the 2nd expansion back in 2016, Blizzard basically thought D3 was overall bad, and thus killed anymore development on it.

If there ever was a second expansion, it was cancelled in 2014 before RoS was released.
05/14/2019 03:52 AMPosted by Kirottu

If there ever was a second expansion, it was cancelled in 2014 before RoS was released.

regardless the life cycle of diablo 3

started out bad
finally found something that work
and end of 2018 a comedy of errors and excuses
I'm just happy there is more Diablo content, since I can't make this stuff myself.
05/13/2019 02:27 AMPosted by TaintedFate
this options suck
d:i is cashgrab piece of !@#$, d2remaster will be like sc2remaster. the game was great for its time, but relatively modern games like poe/d3 is better imo and all who will try it will understand exactly why.
Lolol PoE better than D2.
Couldn't be any more incorrect.
Learn what late-90s gaming was about, then come back.
Also, look up the 1990's music, they used instruments.

Brevik and his buddies did a groundbreaking game that paved the way for WoW, in a much cooler fashion, that obviously is better than PoE.

PoE looks at D2 and took you know...heavy inspiration from it...because of how good D2 was and is 20 years later.

Surely, u'll argue PoE did not look at D2 whatsoever or care about being like it right?

Lol, PoE is better than D2.
That's a good one, anyone over age lets go with 25 knows that D2 is the best there was and is...so far...unless we get Brev and company back online for D5 or w/e.