Blizzcon 2019: D2LOD Remastered or Diablo Immortal?

General Discussion
05/13/2019 08:56 PMPosted by Krine
According to Rhykker we have a 95% chance of getting

... pure speculation - as always. ^^
Imo, there's little point in speculating anything this early on. You're just going to create unnecessary hype for yourself.
How is it likely for Blizzard to announce something Diablo related when latest quarter report talks nothing of it? As I remember it only talked about moving into mobile for Blizzard and nothing else.
That kinda estimates are usually wrong. Rhykker thinks it will be something big and different than D:I, since they invited Quin69 but that's just one way to look at it. It can be a standard procedure to invite streamers and media influencers, that's it.
05/13/2019 11:35 AMPosted by Alexismad
05/13/2019 04:24 AMPosted by Benris
Netflix and breakfast cereal.

The cereal comes with a bowl you can only put half of what you want in it.

Post a photo of yourself eating the cereal in an interesting place on twitter for a chance to win another box of cereal...
right now, me, along with many many MANY others, simply do not give a !@#$ anymore what actiblizz announce
D2 remastered is coming. Don't be stupid. They already remastered a lot of other games and also classic wow is coming back, so yeah. They are remastering D2. You are !@#$ing clueless if you don't think they are.
05/13/2019 07:21 AMPosted by MADKAT
05/13/2019 02:27 AMPosted by TaintedFate
but relatively modern games like poe/d3 is better imo and all who will try it will understand exactly why.

"Diablo" 3 is a Diablo game in name only, it lacks Diablo design. PoE used to be better than "Diablo" 3 but now it's just as bad as it.

your "diablo 1-2 classic design" is based on numerous outdated rudimental unconvinient mechanics that can be liked only by couple of oldfags. d3 is supreme to d2 in every way, it can be darker but its fine as it is. d3 is the best arpg on this planet at this moment.

releasing d2 remaster would be horrible mistake by blizzard because it solves nothing and its outdated plainly bad game in 2020 year, some fanboys will play it for a week then they will stop.

i was playing d2 when i was 13 yo, it was a good game for its time, but it is outdated as hell.

but blizzard is failing so hard, so i can assume they will fail and can surely announce d2 remaster this blizzcon. huge misstep.
05/14/2019 10:05 PMPosted by TaintedFate

"Diablo" 3 is a Diablo game in name only, it lacks Diablo design. PoE used to be better than "Diablo" 3 but now it's just as bad as it.

your "diablo 1-2 classic design" is based on numerous outdated rudimental unconvinient mechanics that can be liked only by couple of oldfags. d3 is supreme to d2 in every way, it can be darker but its fine as it is. d3 is the best arpg on this planet at this moment.

releasing d2 remaster would be horrible mistake by blizzard because it solves nothing and its outdated plainly bad game in 2020 year, some fanboys will play it for a week then they will stop.

i was playing d2 when i was 13 yo, it was a good game for its time, but it is outdated as hell.

but blizzard is failing so hard, so i can assume they will fail and can surely announce d2 remaster this blizzcon. huge misstep.

the fanboyism is strong in this one - d3 superior in every way? LOL
WoW vanila beta is ready for signing up.

All you need is a WoW active license.

No hype here. I could know for a fact D4 is being announced Blizzcon 2019 and I will just yawn.

D2 remaster will get me excited.
05/14/2019 02:31 AMPosted by Thorbalt
Its really pathetic how many people would rather tank a company than just walk away for a while

I am not asking for the company to tank. I want Blizz to be successful. However, I don't want them to succeed a the cost of:
- publishing craptastic games
- ignoring the player base that helped them pave their success
- diluting the quality of the games just to extract more money
- tossing aside the community that stuck with them, just because they get a !@#$% when looking at the asian market

Diluting game quality:
- make the in-game art/visuals/animations terrible just to push transmogs via MTX
- bloating the loot pool with trash items just to sell storage space via MTX
- severely limiting the number of character slots just to sell additional game copies or more character slots via MTX
- designing the game around pay to win
- loot boxes
- season passes
- require a subscription and then make the game so grindy that one will go blind before completing certain things in-game (/sacrasm)
- severely limiting the game's design by making a console release paramount... why?... because anything and everything developed for a console can be ported to a PC, therefore the non-Asian PC gaming market is an after thought not a priority
05/13/2019 05:19 AMPosted by dukem
I am not interested in anything else but a D2 remaster. I don't think anyone working at blizzard has what it takes to make something great.

Tragically true. When flaws of their games become so painfully obvious to us, most of whom have no development experience whatsoever, I think it only goes on to show how blind, inept, and arrogant these developers have become.
im still invested in d3... i want a d3 expansion as well as a d4 announcement
05/14/2019 10:05 PMPosted by TaintedFate

So is SC1, yet many people still play it. SNES Randomizers/Combo's (Link to the Past and Super Metroid Speed Runs) are becoming more and more popular because modern games are crap with the bottom dollar being the incentive. Mobile games will take over since more 'players' play those compared to everything else.
D2LOD remaster with some nice quality of life changes like buffing high rune droprates and bigger/shared stash etc, no faith left in new age blizzard, ide rather they just made a masterpiece look beautiful and make a few good adjustments like we see on some of the d2 private servers
05/16/2019 11:56 AMPosted by Vindictive
D2LOD remaster with some nice quality of life changes like buffing high rune droprates and bigger/shared stash etc, no faith left in new age blizzard, ide rather they just made a masterpiece look beautiful and make a few good adjustments like we see on some of the d2 private servers

if you boost high runes drop rate, they are not high anymore. Stop asking to make the game easier. It kills the feeling of achievement.