I LOVE the Rapid Fire buff

General Discussion
1 2 3 16 Next
"Finally", was my first thought after seeing the patch notes for the first time.

Rapid Fire buff has been requested for years. It's a good start. I hope also some other skills will be revisited, too:

Crusader:
Phalanx
Heaven's Fury (normal)
Fist of the Heavens

Barbarian:
Weapon Throw
Ancient Spear
Revenge
Overpower
Frenzy

Wizard:
Mirror Image
Blizzard

Demon Hunter:
Bolas
Strafe
Elemental Arrow
Spike Trap
Chakram

Necromancer:
Revive (non thorns)
Army of the Dead (?)

Witch Doctor:
Bogodile
Zombie Bears (?)

Monk:
Tempest Rush

Feel free to add something.

Keep up the good job!

Best regards,
Ruined
I like the Rapid Fire change too but it needs a little more oomph but it's a lot better than it used to be. At the moment, only the bombardment rune is usable since the single-target nature of the skill severely hinders it (even with the lightning rune) as it has nowhere near the raw power of Shadow Impale for single-target. And while the bombardment rune is fun, it isn't great for bosses and lacks the trash killing speed of most other classes.
Have u even tried
İt sucks

They should have buffed strafe instead i guess might be abetter choice
Here is my idea how to buff overpower:

Saffron Wrap:
Remove: The damage of your next Overpower is increased by (40-50)% for each enemy hit. Max 20 enemies.
New: The damage of primary skills is increased by (40-50)% for each enemy overpower hit. Max 20 enemies. Last 5s.
zombie bears YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHH
Add Fist of the Heavens for Crusader. ;)
Would be really nice to see Weapon Throw, Phalanx, Mirror Image, Blizzard builds.
04/25/2019 06:32 PMPosted by Kaelos
Add Fist of the Heavens for Crusader. ;)
Would be really nice to see Weapon Throw, Phalanx, Mirror Image, Blizzard builds.
Done. Thanks.
My favorite builds they could show up.

Crusader:
Fist of the Heavens

Barbarian:
Weapon Throw

Wizard:
Blizzard

Demon Hunter:
Companion build

Necromancer:
Army of the Dead

Witch Doctor:
Firewall/piranha build
Zombie Bears/Frogs
Is Black Hole viable damage wise?
Rapid Fire got buffed only because of LoN season. I see not hope for other builds actually. :(
Actually, barbarian could be easily granted with a lon build. Simply make couple of items to have leg bonuses in slots that normally would be overrun by 6pc sets.

Just example, not real suggestion:

Chest armor:
When enemy is damaged with overpower, weapon throw makes 300% more damage in the next 5 seconds. Stacks 5 times.

Boots:
Radius of Overpower and revenge is increased to 70 yards.

Gloves:
Whenever Revenge is cast, it casts Overpower also.
all classes should have several possible competative LON builds (at least 2-3) before they start a LON season, right now it's ridiculous to even think about starting s17!

but i have a feeling it will be really a season of nightmare...

edit: rapid fire isn't rdy either, needs a little buff + stacks should not disappear instant
edit2: also using rapid fire with granates (belt) is not the way i imagined/wanted ;(
So, it's unlikely at this stage we're going to make any additional new changes between PTR and Live. We need time to tie down, thoroughly test, and fire off our release client build to make sure everything's gravy before launch.

However, I really love this topic because it gives insight as to what skills you guys feel need more love. I can't promise exact changes in the future, but I'd really like to see conversation in here progress and evolve.

• What skill would you like to see have more support? Is there one with a great fantasy/flavor you like, but doesn't have much power behind it?
  • Is there a class fantasy you feel isn't very fulfilled right now? Something you really want to be able to do with a class, but just isn't possible?

Thanks for being open with your opinions and thoughts on this. <3 Just remember to keep it constructive and on-topic. I'm not afraid to enforce either of those things. ;)
04/26/2019 03:11 PMPosted by Nevalistis
So, it's unlikely at this stage we're going to make any additional new changes between PTR and Live. We need time to tie down, thoroughly test, and fire off our release client build to make sure everything's gravy before launch.

However, I really love this topic because it gives insight as to what skills you guys feel need more love. I can't promise exact changes in the future, but I'd really like to see conversation in here progress and evolve.

• What skill would you like to see have more support? Is there one with a great fantasy/flavor you like, but doesn't have much power behind it?
  • Is there a class fantasy you feel isn't very fulfilled right now? Something you really want to be able to do with a class, but just isn't possible?

Thanks for being open with your opinions and thoughts on this. <3 Just remember to keep it constructive and on-topic. I'm not afraid to enforce either of those things. ;)

İ would really love hydra skill to be a useful main offense

The skill is cool but even from d2 it is not viable

Why have such a cool skill and make it unuseable

Wh

As a Wizard, I think I can safely say I'd speak for the majority of us we'd like to see Mirror Image get some love. It's never been part of a set, and the Legendary tied to it, Archmage Vicalyke, is...undesirable. It wouldn't require any art changes. Maybe Mirror Images could cast your spells for X% damage? <hint, hint>

Another skill that doesn't get much play is Hydra. While there are two legendaries tied to Hydra (Serpent Sparker) and The Magistrate, they are rather weak legendaries. Serpent Sparker is good design, it just needs a bit of power increase. Magistrate would need a redesign, but once again..would save on the art budget. What about if Hydra did X% damage to nearby enemies or something? Does it match the fantasy those scary hydras dont damage nearby enemies? Would be a nice throwback to D2's Hydra sorceress.

As for Blizzard, the rune selection is good, the main problem with the skill is it doesn't stack. What if Blackhand Key, an affix-less Wizard wand, allowed Blizzard to stack X times? But due to graphical limitations and UI-overload, it might just be better for Blizzard to deal X times value, or something neat like cast a corresponding Meteor spell occasionally.

Slow Time has a niche in DMO, but it's Legendary wand, Gesture of Orpheus doesn't deliver on the fantasy. The old DMO set bonus, Slow Time deals damage to enemies inside of it, was really neat. What if Gesture did that instead of reducing the cooldown on Slow Time? You probably even still have the code somewhere.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771596961
Please!

One thing that always bugged me is that WD is so slow moving wise... I think he needs default speed buff as not to feel clunky...This is especially important when you have 10-15 minions.
I find it extremely hard to believe that there is any question as to “which skills need more love”.

Every single class forum has multiple threads about which builds and items “need love". In fact, Id wager someone who has never played Diablo 3 before could read through the class forums and have this answer within an hour or two.

We may be trolls who lash out with entitlement over a video game we like, but we’re not stupid either.

Wizard side:
Melee wizard. Spectral Blades. It once was used in conjunction with proc based items such as manald heal , but its proc rate is now terrible. perhaps ability to proc more than just once per skill, so for each as its a multi hit skill, and/or increase proc coefficient.

Necro side: Bone Storm proc coefficient tweek, so Mirinae can be useful again.
tweek Inaruis toughness. Its just to squishy for a melee/close range set. Sort something out with Bone Armour stacks being lost on death vs RG.

Barb side: ..yea .. how long u got :P It just needs help all over. Would love to see some better Legendaries for some DPS LoN builds, perhaps you could consider looking over yee oldy Lightning WW barb. (Shard of Hate + thundefury/odin/fulminator)

Crusader side : Phalanx builds could use some love.

Demon Hunter side: Well tbh i dont play DH,, to cookie cutter for me, seems ot always be powerfull.

Witch Doctor: Not much to complain about here tbh, though iv always liked the idea of a good Acid cloud lob bomb + Grin Reaper build actually working.

All Classes/items: Skill proc coefficient do over. Get them un-used legendaries usable, let skills proc the damn things. Rimeheart for example, 20% sounds good until proc coefficients nerf the hell out of it.
04/26/2019 04:56 PMPosted by SolarNova

All Classes/items: Skill proc coefficient do over. Get them un-used legendaries usable, let skills proc the damn things. Rimeheart for example, 20% sounds good until proc coefficients nerf the hell out of it.

I think we should just scrap item-based proc coefficients altogether. Why doesn't Rimeheart deal X% additional damage to Chilled Enemies, and Y% damage to Frozen enemies? Say about 30% more damage to Chilled enemies, and maybe 100% more damage to Frozen enemies?

I mean, you might have to play with the numbers a bit, but that gives you a functional legendary for any class with +Freeze while maintaining the theme (and stops you from re-doing every proc coefficient in the game.)