I LOVE the Rapid Fire buff

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 20 Next
04/26/2019 03:11 PMPosted by Nevalistis
So, it's unlikely at this stage we're going to make any additional new changes between PTR and Live. We need time to tie down, thoroughly test, and fire off our release client build to make sure everything's gravy before launch.

However, I really love this topic because it gives insight as to what skills you guys feel need more love. I can't promise exact changes in the future, but I'd really like to see conversation in here progress and evolve.

• What skill would you like to see have more support? Is there one with a great fantasy/flavor you like, but doesn't have much power behind it?
  • Is there a class fantasy you feel isn't very fulfilled right now? Something you really want to be able to do with a class, but just isn't possible?

Thanks for being open with your opinions and thoughts on this. <3 Just remember to keep it constructive and on-topic. I'm not afraid to enforce either of those things. ;)

I would love to see mantra of retribution used and serenity as it's not used at all in any build .
  • What skill would you like to see have more support? Is there one with a great fantasy/flavor you like, but doesn't have much power behind it?

• The Wizards skill Blizzard is probably the Wizards weakest skill.

I often do playthroughs of the game by leveling chars from 1 to 70 without getting powerleveled and without any of the legendaries that give huge multipliers, just for the fun of it, and even under these circumstances Blizzard is just useless.

I understand that the damage-over-time to resource cost ratio needs to be somewhat in line, but the skill just doesn't feel impactful at all. Even just 2 or 3 seconds of casting Disintegrate has significantly more effect than a single Blizzard over its whole 6 second duration.

A possible fix to this issue could be to reduce the duration of Blizzard from 6 seconds to 3 or 4 seconds, but let it deal the same amount of damage over its duration and furthermore, a cooldown could be added to the skill (I am thinking about something between 10 to 15 seconds) which therefore would allow the damage to be drastically increased, which would make the skill feel a lot more impactful when it is used.

A 10-15 second cooldown Blizzard could maybe deal like ~3000% damage over 3 seconds in an area and that would feel a lot more satisfying.

If that still doesn't make it more useful/impactful, its cooldown could be increased further to 20 - 30 seconds and its damage increased further as well, which would turn this skill into a small nuke that you would use against heavy enemies and elites, but personally I think that this role would fit better on the Meteors Molten Impact rune (another rune that isn't seen often in the lategame, the one that gives the skill a 15 second cooldown, but also increases its damage), so that rune might be in need of some tweeking as well.
    I would love that The Demonhunter Traps would get some love because im really missing a Trapper Assassin.
    Phalanx crusader...my favorite build in the whole game.
    So, it's unlikely at this stage we're going to make any additional new changes between PTR and Live. We need time to tie down, thoroughly test, and fire off our release client build to make sure everything's gravy before launch.

However, I really love this topic because it gives insight as to what skills you guys feel need more love. I can't promise exact changes in the future, but I'd really like to see conversation in here progress and evolve.

• Is there a class fantasy you feel isn't very fulfilled right now? Something you really want to be able to do with a class, but just isn't possible?

Thanks for being open with your opinions and thoughts on this. <3 Just remember to keep it constructive and on-topic. I'm not afraid to enforce either of those things. ;)

What is a Blizzard? What makes it dangerous. It winds up fast and increases in damage over time. And as a Wizard a master of elements and arcane. The fantasy to control weather and nature isn't fullfilled enough. I want my foes to - the demons of hell - feel the cold blaze of nature.

So some little ideas:
    - Blizzards duration is increased by + 10 seconds and it's damage increases over it's duration by 200% every second.
    - While Blizzard and Energy Twister is active all your Cold and Lightning damage is increased by 200%. (Fantasy behind it is that before storms there are often heavy storms, the atmosphere is loaded with electricity and it gets much colder.
    - Blizzard and Energy Twister have a chance to emerge a strong thunderbold hitting your enemies for 5000% weapon damage.

One other class fantasy that isn't fullfilled enough in my opinion for Wizard is not powerful enough rings and amulets.
    Okay so a general thing on skills I would personally love to see improved is Lightning. What I mean is how many builds in Diablo 3 actually use the lightning rune of skills as the main damage dealer in high GR push builds? There aren't many builds that let you feel like a true master of lightning while pushing higher GRs.

That being said, other skills in general are in desperate need of some love. My opinion of course.

Wizard - Blizzard, Mirror Image, Black Hole, Ray of Frost. Would love some of the lightning skills to be actually strong enough to push with other than Arcane Torrent too. Looking at you Electrocute, Arcane Orb - Spark and Energy Twister - Storm Chaser. Speaking of Storm Chaser, that rune just isn't viable at all.

Witch Doctor - Acid Cloud, Plague of Toads, Corpse Spiders. Big Bad Voodoo could just stick to the WD since you pretty much waste the movement speed buff. The entire idea of the Arachyr set could use a rework too as the only 2 skills that are even useful out of all the skills the set buffs are Fire Bats and Hex - Angry Chicken.

Necro - Army of the Dead and Bone Spirit. Like please. They are both weirdly weak and useless despite the damage they are supposed to do and I don't understand how. Also Corpse Explosion is overshadowed and out preformed by Corpse Lance in all situations.

Monk - Tempest Rush and oddly enough Seven Sided Strike. Have you ever tried using SSS with all it's legendaries but without Uliana's? Don't.

Crusader - Fist of the Heavens, Phalanx and Heaven's Fury. Weird since at least Phalanx and Heaven's Fury have the legendary support but are still too weak.
    Most have already said what I was thinking, but just wanted to add more support to a few suggestions that have been made many times over! Short and sweet;

Demon Hunter's - Elemental Arrow

Crusader's - Fist of the Heavens

Wizard's - Blizzard, Hydra

Barbarian's - Frenzy, Throw weapon

Necromancer's - Bone Spear

Witch Doctor's - Zombie Bears

Monk's - Can't chime in here, never played one really, sorry!
    A few more things came to my mind in regards to Arcane Orb:

1) A rune for Arcane Orb that improves the base version of the skill, instead of completely altering it.

A rune for Arcane Orb that is just an improved version of the base skill and not a rune that completely alters how the skill works. I really like the base version of the skill, both in regards to its mechanic and in regards to the visuals.

The mechanic for the unruned version of Arcane Orbs is like a Fireball: you throw out a missile that detonates on impact in a big AoE, but sadly that fantasy is only reflected in the base skill and the Obliteration rune, but the latter doesn't feel and look as good as the base skill and also drastically reduces the detonation radius.

So I would like to have a rune for Arcane Orb, that enhances the base skill by either increasing the detonation radius or by simply increasing its damage or by doing both, while also keeping the visuals of the base version, which just look fantastic imo (I often use the unruned version of AO, just because it looks so good).

2) The fantasy of a Fireball – Arcane Orb rune

Then there also is the fantasy of a real Fireball that is not really fulfilled. Yes, there is the Scorch rune for Arcane Orb which also explodes, but the whole thing doesn't really fit imo because you are throwing a gigantic boulder that for some reason pierces through enemies and then it detonates almost off-screen by default.

So to make this rune fulfill the fantasy of a Fireball, you could change its visual from a giant boulder to a smaller, but still intense flaming missile or ball that detonates on impact with he first enemy and deals instant damage (in the same radius as the base rune for AO) and then also leaves a pool of fire on the ground for ~2 seconds that deals additional damage when enemies stand in it.

A similar effect is already on the rune Immolation Arrow for the Demon Hunters Elemental Arrow skill and it would just make sense imo to swap the mechanics of Scorch and Immolation Arrow, especially since there already was a skill called Molten Arrow for the DH during the development of Diablo 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvDPzs14Xmo

3) The aesthetics of the Spark, Scorch and Frozen Orb runes

I was a bit disappointed when I first saw the visuals of the new Arcane Orb runes when RoS came out, aka Spark, Scorch and Frozen Orb, because the orbs are just giant black/white balls. Giant black balls work fine for Black Hole, but not for Arcane Orb and its runes and that makes these runes a lot less satisfying to use, at least for me, because it doesn't really fit their fantasy.

So what you could do is to reduce the size of the orbs from these three runes to better match the size of the unruned version. Scorch would look better if it would get a more Fireball-ly look as mentioned above and the fantasy of Spark would be fulfilled better in my opinion if it would look more like the Lightning Bolt/Lightning Charge that gets released by the Storm Chaser Rune of Energy Twister instead of a ball of darkness surrounded by some lightnings. The orb for Frozen Orb looks okay, except that it is too big.

4) A new mechanic for Spark

The following is not a common fantasy, but rather something that I personally would like to see, so I don't know what other people think of it, but I just find it interesting.

Instead of being a ball of electricity that gets thrown in an arc above enemies heads, I like the idea/fantasy of a of Lightning Ball that travels in a line and shoots several bouncing Chain Lightnings per second at nearby enemies while it travels forward, like a travelling Conduit Pylon just with Chain Lightnings or like the BFG 9000 from Doom. I think that is just cool.

ty
    If I could say 1 skill to be improved it's Blizzard (and Wave of Force).

My fantasy (numbers are just place holders):

BLACKHAND KEY: Blizzard gains effect of every rune and deal its full duration damage in 1s and deal 750% more damage.

Mirror images: I dont know what to do with them. Add them 100% multiplayer for each active image would be easy solution, but it is not why this sklil should be used. They should have effect of every rune and they should attract all enemies (just 100% aggro) to make you space for free casting your spells.

Wave of Force deals 800% more damage and its stack for each enemy hit up to 5, stacks lasts 4s.

MIRROR BALL: Magic Missile gains the conflagrate rune and fires 2 extra missile and deals 1000% more damage (for 5 - 7s after you spend 50+ Arcane power).

PRIMORDIAL SOUL: Elemental Exposure's damage bonus per stack is increased to 50%

FRAGMENT OF DESTINY: Primary skills attacks 75% faster and deals 250% increased damage

GESTURES OF ORPHEUS: Slow time deals X% damage

SINGULARITY: Black hole gains effect of every rune, last 12s and every damage dealt by Black hole is increased by 500%. Could be very cool to have 2 Black holes to destroys enemies over time. More supporting legendaries would be needed thought.
    I see Blizzard trying to improve the game, but something that could reignite the flames (a candle flame maybe) is reworking the Support class. We had a WD, Crusader and even a DH as support, all mostly nerfed in Patch 2.4.2 in 2016. Blizzard has done little to liven up the creative mind in this area of ​​the game and has only increased damage from equipment and weapons . You could retrieve these changes and find ways to improve the game by not only increasing the damage but enhancing the classes to be used in different ways as support. We are tired of playing only with a monk and a barbarian.

See Patch 2.4.2 here: https://us.diablo3.com/en/game/patch-notes/2-4-2

This isn't really related directly to any skills, but relates to the Barbarian which is what I mainly play(and other classes have similar issues I believe), and the issue I have is Convention of Elements(CoE). I have a difficult time enjoying and playing CoE. The play style and the tedious nature of playing with CoE and its timing windows really frustrates me and burns me out faster than anything. This last season with the grandeur buff, allowing me to drop CoE, really showed me how frustrating it was. I love the idea maybe some other rings being buffed to CoEs power or CoE changed in some capacity, though I would be lying in saying I have some great solution for changing CoE directly. Maybe having the ability to choose a couple of the elements you want it to really cycle through, thus allowing you to cater to the elemental types you have on your gear/skills. Or maybe allowing you to increase the window of time with your chosen element. This whole 12 seconds of low damage, to just burst for 4 seconds then rinse repeat really grinds me down.

A side idea I have for Stone of Jordan(SoJ), is making the Elite and Elemental% damage on SoJ a secondary effect, like with the effect of CoE ring. Then allowing you to play with the other 4 properties on the ring to maybe make it truly competitive. I don't know if this is too strong or too weak, again I'm just spit balling here, but I truly feel something needs to change when it comes to some of these ring choices.

Bottom line, speaking for myself as a Barbarian main, I really dislike how much of a staple, and how strong, CoE is. I have been wondering and hoping for changes to CoE itself, or to other rings, to potentially shake up something that has been at the top for so long.
    please devs support Danetta's set and Vault!
    It must be super fastfarmbuild! :D

increase the number of shots and damage for rune Action Shot - While Vaulting, shoot ?? arrows for ???% weapon damage at nearby enemies. These shots are guaranteed Critical Hits.
    And maybe give Danetta's Spite new legaffix - Vault gains the effect of the Action Shot rune.

...and increase the damage in Danetta's Hatred

I've wanted this for a really long time
    Caltrops is another skill that could use some adjustments, especially since it is probably the Demon Hunters worst skill, even when legendary and set powers are not factored in.

The thing that hinders Caltrops the most from being useful is that you can only lay it beneath your feat and not place or throw it over a distance. If Caltrops could be placed at the location of your mouse cursor, the main problem in its functionality would be solved.

But it would need more adjustments after that. The base skill either needs to have its radius increased from 12 yards to somewhere between 15-20 yards OR the slowing effect needs to cling on enemies for like 2 or 3 seconds after they stepped out of the Caltrops area. The latter effect still would be in line with its fantasy.

The 'Bait the Trap' rune could keep the effect of the Caltops being placed beneath your feet, but that rune should also have the radius of the caltrops drastically increased, maybe between 20-25 yards, so that enemies cast reach you too easily and as a compensation for the loss of not being able to place the Caltrops over a distance.

The 'Hooked Spines', 'Torturous Ground' and 'Carved Stakes' are fine for what they are, the main problem is the base mechanic of the skill itself. But the 'Jagged Spikes' rune (the one that adds damage to the skill) is completely useless, because no one will ever use Caltrops for this minor amount of damage, so my suggestion would be that it instead could either increase the radius of the skill further or increase the time the slow effect clings on enemies.

A suggestion. Add reset on uber bosses, and increase difficulty and loot.
    To development team; we could toy around these ideas for days or perhaps weeks. This thread sure pleased us to throw our ideas around but number bloating and controlled power creep won't keep that game going for long.
    I beg you, please look which specs can you synergize and chain together before amping up numbers to 11. As a game designer you shouldn't have this much a blunt and null imagination on such subjects. This design ideal is getting dull and need to vanish off from the surface of the earth.

05/11/2019 03:03 AMPosted by ParaBellum
    please devs support Danetta's set and Vault!
    It must be super fastfarmbuild! :D

05/11/2019 11:40 AMPosted by clueso
    The thing that hinders Caltrops the most from being useful is that you can only lay it beneath your feat and not place or throw it over a distance.

Both specs can be melt into a single spec if Omryn's Chain and Evasive Fire backflips synergize. Action Shot and Torturous Ground runes can easily be abused by LoN or N6 setups. Number tweaks are up to developers, but it wouldn't be necessary if we're given a way of mitigating cooldowns and utilize Broken Promises or Shi Mizu.

I'd actually like to see two different legendaries to support it or being embed into the Danetta's. One is after perfoming Vault, Evasive Fire will drag along mobs for 6 seconds; other is Evasive Fire gaining Surge skillrune. That would open more space for a zdps DH build with 2 primary skills (Evasive, Entangling) also.
    In a LoN spec I do believe character will have space to squeeze a new legendary weapon as my suggestion; Evasive Fire- Parting Gift to leave Spike Trap instead of a grenade.

Crusader: Fist of the Heavens
    I've been waiting for this one for a grip. Pairing Darklight and Khassett's Cord with Akkhans is a start, still not powerful enough. Needs a shield to go with it, possibly bracers. Would like to see this as a possible LoN build to compete with Blessed Shield.
    Give Danettas +85-100 discipline each so it has synergy with Unhallowed Essence Multishot. This way you conserve your disc by using hatred to vault, and also get a damage buff. I remember when they first announced Unhallowed Essence at Blizzcon, I made a post asking the community if Danneta's would be the BIS weapon for Multishot. I didn't know about Yang's of course...

I've seen the streamer, SVR, running a DH and he equips Danneta's for bounties, while keeping Yang's and Dead Man's Legacy in his bag. He vaults like a mad man to his objective and then swaps to the real weapons when he gets into a fight. I used to use this method with Nemesis bracers back in the day... but I eventually found it far faster to equip / cube the Nemesis.
    DOT skills must be real viable in builds, compared with direct damage screen-wiper skills.

as an example: pets or poison skills must kill as fast as a WW Barb (who doesn't have to wait for normal mobs or elites to finally die)

concept: balance skills from a SOLO play viewpoint, not from a GROUP-ROLE viewpoint.
    Witch doctor:
    I would like to see a lizard themed, bee themed and a scorpion themed skill. Especially for scorpion themed skill, what kind of witch doctor dont use scorpion to poison his enemies.

Wizard:
    I would like to see wizard to be able to manipulate time more. E.g. skill like overwatch Tracer - Recall, which allow wizard to go back to the state she is in 3 seconds before. Imagine the possibility for starpack wizard.

Demon hunter:
    Diablo 2 strafe should make a return to diablo 3. I like the animation and the idea of that skill. You are so good with arrow that you can just shot everyone on screen with arrow without thinking. Imagine what this skill can do with the current legendary system. We can have a strafing elemental arrow build.