I LOVE the Rapid Fire buff

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 20 Next
04/26/2019 03:11 PMPosted by Nevalistis

• What skill would you like to see have more support? Is there one with a great fantasy/flavor you like, but doesn't have much power behind it?
  • Is there a class fantasy you feel isn't very fulfilled right now? Something you really want to be able to do with a class, but just isn't possible?

Thanks for opening this discussion Nevalistis. Apologies for the incoming wall of text. :-)

As a WD main I really miss having a build that incorporates the primary critter spells like Corpse Spiders and Plague of Toads. Both skills have an item that gives an effect to the skills but they are underwhelming or is a duplicate with a rune (Medusa Spiders).

Furthermore, Piranhas has two of the most beautiful looking runes in the game which are never used because we only use Piranhado.

How about considering the following (some changes I mentioned earlier so I will just copy/paste):

• Depth Diggers: Primary skills and skills that generate resource deal X - X% damage
    This change will open up more rune choices but it is also a step in the right direction to make Kridershot/Elemental Arrow (I really love shooting those flaming skulls :-) more viable for instance.
    And maybe add a little more damage to the pants, 175 - 200%?
  • Rhen'Ho Flayer: Plague of Toads deals X% increased damage and now seek out enemies and will explode twice.
    This change will make it certain the toads explode twice. Maybe also look into pathing AI?
  • The Spider Queen's Grasp: Corpse Spiders deals X% increased damage and increases the number of spiders per jar by X (Jay Wilson it!!! :-)
    Quick and easy fix I think.
  • 2-piece Arachyr set: You become the embodiment of Arachyr (Cydaea/Binder model, upper body WD model, lower body spider) and leave behind webs every X second(s)that deal 4000% weapon damage over 5 seconds and Slows enemies.
    Way cooler looking and we get the current effect of the Spiders Queen Grasp.
  • Wave of Mutilation and Bogadile: Remove the general cooldown for these runes and up the damage. Bogadile should feel like a nuke!
    I don't think this will be overpowered as the resource cost and casting animation of these skills prohibit us from spamming it.
    Maybe in the future you can add a new mojo with Scrimshaw effect: Increased damage % and resource cost reduction to Piranhas. Art-wise it should be a flapping rotting fish or even funnier a fishbowl with Piranhas jumping out of it :-)
  • I would LOVE to see Heaven's Fury with some sort of buff, or just make Fury Bracers deal 300-400% without needing to blind, immobilize or stun enemies. I find it odd its one of the few items needing a condition and not a straight damage boost. I have a LoN Crusader using Heaven's Fury and i can clear GR 90 without too many problems though i'm sad that a Thorns setup where i just get to run around doing hardly anything can do WAY higher.
  • What skill would you like to see have more support? Is there one with a great fantasy/flavor you like, but doesn't have much power behind it?

• Rockets. It's incredibly difficult to build them with one element type (I prefer Fire builds for this) so it loses a lot of potential unless you're into CoE/Traffic Light mechanics. They also can't pierce and only hit one target (no splash?). Would have been awesome to go full rockets and have Buriza or Valla's Bequest work with it.
    • Literally all strafe builds. That and I feel it shouldn't slow your movement speed as it kills build diversity (if you want to keep up with your team mates anyway). K'mar/Drifting Shadow rune can probably be changed to add more utility (lower hatred cost maybe?).
    • Rapid Fire. The piercing mechanics on this with Buriza are bizarre and the current buff items are awkward to use (namely losing all stacks immediately).

• Is there a class fantasy you feel isn't very fulfilled right now? Something you really want to be able to do with a class, but just isn't possible?
  • [/ul]

• Danetta's Hatred set. It's my all-time favorite set/items in the Diabloverse as it's incredibly fun, actually makes me feel like I'm playing a hyper-agile Demon Hunter, and you get some nice utility out of it with the clones and CC. It'd be nice to run it in top tier builds but the set can't compete with the damage output of something like Yang's Recurve and Dead Man's Legacy. That and it won't work for LoN builds either because you can't use any set items (would be nice if weapon sets were excluded). The only sets that work with it are Natalya's Embrace which requires Rain of Vengeance (less options) and wouldn't be so bad if Crashing Rain's proc had a larger radius as it's way too easy to miss with it in a mobile build.
    • Kridershot/St Augustine's Panacea (chakram equivalent as well). Damage is too low, Hatred generated is too low, difficult to synergize, too many skills/items that only apply to primary skills instead of all generators (IE: Hunter's Wrath and Depth Diggers).
    • LoN build choices are scarce if any. I've been toying with a LoN Cold Damage build on PTR using RoV:FS to freeze on demand and Elemental Arrow/Strafe to proc Rimehart. I was able to clear T14 normal rifts but the T15 is where it fell flat on its face (my gear wasn't optimal either). The CC immunity on monsters destroys any chance of pushing Greater rifts with this build since it only proc if a monster is Frozen. If it worked more similar to Manald Heal's effect, it'd be a lot more attractive. The only other thing I can immediately think of would be allowing Rimehart to also extend the duration of freezes to make up for the CC immunity or give it a smaller chance to proc on chilled enemies as well.
    • Marked For Death and Calamity. Calamity is broken so it makes MFD much less attractive. It would have paired well with every rune except for Valley of Death. Also, it would be awesome if Valley of Death worked with Sever again so we'd have another epic melee build option (especially for LoN/Shadow Set).
    • Unhallowed Essence set. This set would open up a bit of diversity if the 6pc bonus worked for other Archery abilities like Cluster Arrow. It would be be nice if it worked with Elemental Arrow and Chakram to give those builds a boost too.

I know I basically wrote a novel here but this has been building up in my mind since vanilla launched. I am namely tired of multishot being the end all in upper rifts as it's boring to me and un-engaging. The Shadow set is kind of interesting and Marauder set at least allows some choice. I have ideas for Monk and Wizard as well but I will make them separate posts.

Edit: Forgot to mention Tweaking UE set to add abilities.
    04/29/2019 07:54 PMPosted by clueso
    The perfect rune for that would be Chaos Nexus

Agreed, Chaos Nexus would be perfect for a lightning rune on Disintegrate.
    think it would be cool if the Wizards conjuring skills would have an active effect and a passive effect, very much like the Crusaders laws

I think I would enjoy that. It would make the wizard armor skills more interactive and interesting in the least.

I guess I was just taking a more realistic approach in asking for simpler fixes there, since the changes to duration and cost seem like easy wins.
    Also, please revive the campaign mode so that it is viable and interesting in the endgame, too. Just add greater rift difficulty and bounty rewards, for example.
    Crusader phalanx beyond all others for me. A viable crusader pet build would be fAwesome!
    The perfect rune for that would be Chaos Nexus

Agreed, Chaos Nexus would be perfect for a lightning rune on Disintegrate.

yeah, it would perfectly fit, because it already has this fantasy of lightnings (aka lasers) striking nearby enemies when channelling.

05/01/2019 12:29 PMPosted by Cratic
    think it would be cool if the Wizards conjuring skills would have an active effect and a passive effect, very much like the Crusaders laws

I think I would enjoy that. It would make the wizard armor skills more interactive and interesting in the least.

Not just the Armor skills, but also Familiar and Magic Weapon.
    Thought I would add this as it is impactful for any potential Hydra rework:
    05/01/2019 03:50 PMPosted by Cratic
    Of note: Etched Sigil automatically casts Hydra. These Hydra Spawns don't proc AD, but the manually spawned ones do. If any Hydra build comes out I think this would have to be changed, as we most definitely would prefer the AD, and having to track ES for auto spawns (and thereafter recast hydra possibly 4+ times) would be extremely annoying.

Another option would be to allow Etched sigil to create hydras that are in addition to any manually spawned hydras (a separate pool) rather than just spawn within the same pool of hydra count.
    05/01/2019 03:48 PMPosted by clueso
    Not just the Armor skills, but also Familiar and Magic Weapon.

Deflection and Ancient Guardian. =)

Yeah, that's what I meant though, the passive type skills that take up a skill slot.

Thanks, by the way, I've updated my feedback. Was thinking about those but not realizing they weren't included in that statement.
    There are two QoL changes that would be really nice for this game and I don't think they would be too difficult to implement.

#1 A visual Energy Shield Indicator above the Health Orb
    Similar to Path of Exile, this would be a visual overlayer above the health orb, which would show how much Energy Shield (from f.e. the Wizard passives, St. Archus Gage gloves, Molten Gizzards Wildebeest etc) is remaining.

https://imgur.com/mLGC851

#2 Compile all Mainstats into a single one
    Compile Intelligence, Strength and Dexterity into a single mainstat, so that move items can be used by different classes. The name and effect of this mainstat would change depending on what class is using it. For Barbarians and Crusaders this would simply be Strength, for DH's and Monks it would transform into DEX and for Wizards, Necros and WD's it would turn into Intelligence. This would spare quite a lot of stash space.
    With the PTR Forums closing, I wanted to make sure this thread was still available and open for participation. :) Carry on.
    So, it's unlikely at this stage we're going to make any additional new changes between PTR and Live. We need time to tie down, thoroughly test, and fire off our release client build to make sure everything's gravy before launch.

However, I really love this topic because it gives insight as to what skills you guys feel need more love. I can't promise exact changes in the future, but I'd really like to see conversation in here progress and evolve.

Thanks for being open with your opinions and thoughts on this. <3 Just remember to keep it constructive and on-topic. I'm not afraid to enforce either of those things. ;)

Can we expect more updates to give LoN more viable builds. As currently LoN really should be the endgame set. Sets themselves are too easy to acheive and given out like candy which is abit of a joke
    I would like to see a way to have a Strafe and FoK combo build that can speedfarm T16. I never expect to push with it.

I think all we may need is a stack of FoK with the blade each time ORotZ procs.

05/01/2019 06:32 PMPosted by Keyblade

Can we expect more updates to give LoN more viable builds. As currently LoN really should be the endgame set. Sets themselves are too easy to acheive and given out like candy which is abit of a joke

Yes. LoN SHOULD be endgame. See if the sets can be tweaked to not overlap.

#2 Compile all Mainstats into a single one
    Compile Intelligence, Strength and Dexterity into a single mainstat, so that move items can be used by different classes. The name and effect of this mainstat would change depending on what class is using it. For Barbarians and Crusaders this would simply be Strength, for DH's and Monks it would transform into DEX and for Wizards, Necros and WD's it would turn into Intelligence. This would spare quite a lot of stash space.

This would be nice. I have way too many items (other than SoJs) that are saved because they have a separate main stat.
    So, it's unlikely at this stage we're going to make any additional new changes between PTR and Live. We need time to tie down, thoroughly test, and fire off our release client build to make sure everything's gravy before launch.

However, I really love this topic because it gives insight as to what skills you guys feel need more love. I can't promise exact changes in the future, but I'd really like to see conversation in here progress and evolve.

Thanks for being open with your opinions and thoughts on this. <3 Just remember to keep it constructive and on-topic. I'm not afraid to enforce either of those things. ;)

Weapon Throw Please.

Arreat's Law: Weapon Throw Ricochets four more axes and increase attack speed by 50%.

Anything you do for WT will be welcomed.

Thank you.
    Sentries themselves need to do more damage.
    Strafe also needs some love. This is one of my favorite Demon Hunter skills, and it has long been overlooked. Also, it seems as if the devs don't understand the skill that they created.

There are two weapons that enhance the performance of Strafe: the K'Mar Tenclip, which gives Strafe the effect of the Drifting Shadow rune (full run speed while Strafing), and the Valla's Bequest, which causes Strafe projectiles to pierce, though the Legendary power doesn't say how many times. Both of these weapons are one-handed crossbows. They both have a quite high 1.6 APS. This means that due to the high attack speed, Hatred is consumed much faster than a lower attack speed weapon with higher Damage (also, a lower attack speed weapon requires higher Critical Hit Chance, and Critical Hit Damage). There isn't any two-handed crossbow or bow that enhances Strafe, but the skill needs one.

The other problem is that Strafe really doesn't do any damage. I use Strafe to rank up Legendary gems to rank 40, in a GR50. But in this case, I'm using a Yang's Recurve for Hatred cost reduction, and Vengeance/Seethe for Hatred generation and damage. In order to make this work I use the Unhallowed Essence set, which boosts the damage of Vengeance, and it is Vengeance that does all the damage, while Strafe is merely the delivery vehicle. If I have a build with any downtime at all on Vengeance, Strafe ceases to do damage to any monsters. Keep in mind that I am running barely T11 with this build.

The base damage for Strafe is 675% Weapon damage which is woefully inadequate. There should either be a set that boosts this skill by 20,000%, or the skill damage itself should be increased to 16,750%. Likewise, the additional damage of runes should be increased as well:

Icy Trail: 300% Weapon Damage increased to 3000%,
    Stinging Steel: 140% WD of knives increased to 14,000%,
    Rocket Storm: rocket damage increased from 130% WD to 13,000%,
    Demolition: Grenade damage increased from 460% WD to 4600%, and radius increased from 9 yards to 20 yards.

Finally, the Hatred usage should be reduced from 12 HPS to 10 HPS.

And that's all I got to say about that.
    [quote]Thought I would add this as it is impactful for any potential Hydra rework:
    Etched sigil to create hydras that are in addition to any manually spawned hydras (a separate pool) rather than just spawn within the same pool of hydra count.

I don't like this either. Even if they allow us 10 hydras, you're still going to run into a UI and graphical/server overload. This is the one repetitive problem with multiple hydras. 3 should be fine, but that's probably as much as we can allow. Plus, you know, how much set-up time it's going to take to spawn 10 hydras. We might be an effective RG killer with such a build, however.

Alternatively, I suppose Hydras could cast a specific skill, like...Wave of Force? It's not used often, and a specific skill might be okay without stepping on Marauder's toes too much?
    So much has been shared already so I will be brief...
    Can we get a rune for Rapid Fire that increases the spread of the skill (in much the same way Multishot works)??
    Would love to play DH Rapid Fire build but with it being a single target skill as strong as it will become it would still be horrible for farming.
    Thank you

Strafe for Demon Hunter, I tested it in PTR, including with LON, and while I could technically play T16, it wasn’t very efficient.
    I would love a decent damage boost to Strafe to give a truly mobile (attack while moving) Demon Hunter build.