I LOVE the Rapid Fire buff

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 20 Next
04/26/2019 03:11 PMPosted by Nevalistis
So, it's unlikely at this stage we're going to make any additional new changes between PTR and Live. We need time to tie down, thoroughly test, and fire off our release client build to make sure everything's gravy before launch.

However, I really love this topic because it gives insight as to what skills you guys feel need more love. I can't promise exact changes in the future, but I'd really like to see conversation in here progress and evolve.

• What skill would you like to see have more support? Is there one with a great fantasy/flavor you like, but doesn't have much power behind it?
  • Is there a class fantasy you feel isn't very fulfilled right now? Something you really want to be able to do with a class, but just isn't possible?

Thanks for being open with your opinions and thoughts on this. <3 Just remember to keep it constructive and on-topic. I'm not afraid to enforce either of those things. ;)

Well, first off - nice to hear from you again. i'm sure you've been busy with things.

To the point of this post - there are a lot of skills that just needs to have their supporting items re-tuned: Phalanx has 3 items that can be further buffed to make that play style viable as a pet sader (which i'm sure people would love).
FotH is also a niche that i would like to see being brought forth. Witch Doctor could see some Zombie Charger buffs (we all remember the bear nova doc. good times) and personally, i would like to see things done with Acid Rain.

Nothing else comes to mind atm but if i'll think of something, i'll add some more comments.

Glad to see this initiative and hopefully we'll see some of these changes happen in future seasons.
So, it's unlikely at this stage we're going to make any additional new changes between PTR and Live. We need time to tie down, thoroughly test, and fire off our release client build to make sure everything's gravy before launch.

However, I really love this topic because it gives insight as to what skills you guys feel need more love. I can't promise exact changes in the future, but I'd really like to see conversation in here progress and evolve.

• What skill would you like to see have more support? Is there one with a great fantasy/flavor you like, but doesn't have much power behind it?
  • Is there a class fantasy you feel isn't very fulfilled right now? Something you really want to be able to do with a class, but just isn't possible?

Thanks for being open with your opinions and thoughts on this. <3 Just remember to keep it constructive and on-topic. I'm not afraid to enforce either of those things. ;)

Did you see the post from the DH forum with over ..or around 700 likes? It has been up for a while. Detailed suggestions by experienced DH players...and seems to be ignored. Class specific forum recommendations has always had very good post with helpful detail, math included. Yet never a response... Please look at it.

Crusader: Fist of the heavens: I always wanted to see a successful fist of heaven build. it's really visually awesome ability that didn't get any love.
Falling Sword: I really loved the idea, where you basically build up momentum and decimate enemies with this ability.

Demon Hunter: Spike Trap: The idea is really awesome to have a competitive build that revolves around spike trap. We already have the gear for it, they just need to be competitive with other builds.

For the fantasy aspect I feel that rapid fire still needs more love, as the grenades version (which is the only rune with enough buffing through items) does not feel the way rapid fire for a demon hunter should feel. Arrows or bolts much better cover that fantasy, grenades not so much, and so all the other runes much better cover that feeling but do lack the power.

I feel that a combination of strafe with rapid fire (make rapid fire to happen while strafe is being channeled) might do the trick. That way strafe might be able to get out of its lack of power as well and rapid fire could benefit from natalya bonuses.

Hope that helps :-).
What skill would you like to see have more support? Is there one with a great fantasy/flavor you like, but doesn't have much power behind it?
Is there a class fantasy you feel isn't very fulfilled right now? Something you really want to be able to do with a class, but just isn't possible?

Necro's Revive. It's pretty much non-viable at higher torment levels.

The "raise your foes into an army of undead in your service" fantasy isn't really being fulfilled at the moment.

That said, you guys will probably have to heavily redesign the skill - for power/balance/challenge/fun ...

I Would come back to the game from not playing much anymore if we could get OG Crit Mass Wizard back to its former glory of the very early days of the game.
05/04/2019 08:07 AMPosted by Zendiablo
Did you see the post from the DH forum with over ..or around 700 likes? It has been up for a while.
Can you link that? I can't seem to find it.
For the love of Tyrael, add a piece to the necro sets so we can actually use Sage's. I haven't played a Necro since the first season it was available, and this is one reason why... it's hard to justify playing a build that is handicapped in acquiring DBs.

I am actually interested in the Necro for the upcoming season based on some builds I've seen tossed around, but I am struggling with making the decision to go with that as my main because of the sage's thing.... especially with the buff to Sages...
Crusader should be a tank class , skills like in Wow, that u take all mobs and keep them on you and use proper shield and weapon, and skills like Protection Paladin.
and whats with Group Finder for Meta runs Publik, and paragon level to enter Torments difficult?

I would like to see Crusader Shield Bash get some attention. As it is, Shield Bash leaves you too vulnerable during its animation. Also, it's really only "decent" (and by that, I mean, like 30 levels below max GR or something) on single targets. The trash clear is very weak. And, it's too slow. I would like to see it work a bit more like Barbarian Charge.
I saw the title. Then I saw that there was a blue response in the thread.

I was sure it was them saying, "Sorry. We accidentally made a change some people like. We'll be nerfing that before the new season goes live."

I would personally like to see, a shield for the Barbarian to use, that can actually buff a skill. Ultimately, I'd just like to see the "Sword and Board" passive skill, to be of actual use, in an actual build, whether speed or pushing.
People been asking for Mirror Image on Wizards; why not a new legendary power for creating lightning arcs between images? I think someone posted a small harvested data about Energy Twister having the same deal? Why not let Arcstone work with Mirror Image if that's out of question?

Back in time lightning-illusionist based specs were always using Mirror Image to evade crowd control effects. Now with the recent buffs to Storm Armor and Ice Armor, people forgot about using Illusionist properly with Energy Armor. Why don't you create another jewelry for Wizards where Energy Armor gains the Force Armor rune effect? So Mirror Image can be paired with Illusionist without fear?

05/04/2019 08:21 AMPosted by Strike
Demon Hunter: Spike Trap

I think if Trag'Oul or whatever bracer we may have gets a small damage bonus, for each second spent unarmed, may we see a big leap forward. I'm thinking of Custom Trigger skillrune to wait for it.
I can see it become handy on N6 and LoN Helltrapper specs; it's not too hard to include Ess of Johan or Leonine into such builds. Strafe can be abused with ORotZ to refresh cooldowns, but wouldn't let Sharpshooter to build up at all. Still would be fine for initiating a fight with manually laid guaranteed critical hit Spike Traps.

Also may be too unimportant because you couldn't squeeze it somewhere but I'd like to see a legendary power (weapon, perhaps a hand-xbow) that turns Evasive Fire- Parting Gift's grenade to a Spike Trap. Get it an inner cooldown of, say, 2-3 seconds and that would keep people away from picking only EF- Focus to begin with. Can be fun to use with Chanon Bolter.
Also that offers another way of getting ST procs besides Helltrapper; so other runes that arm with hatred-spenders (Lightning Rod or Scatter, to be exact) can be used regularly as well.
Barb need cleave and revenge. Cleave need do big dam. Cleave do little dam because no significant support within sets or legendaries.
I am basically a Barbarian main among my friends and feel like their LoN Builds could do with some fine tuning!
For instance their Frenzy build works mostly off Thorns and you have to run up to everything and punch it basically.
It would be nice to see some changes which could lead to Barbarians being back in the competition with a LoN build which focuses on something the sets doesn't
A few ideas I've seen is something like one of the Frenzy Legendary items giving a damage buff or additional effect Or increasing the chance for Side arm to proc and deal a bit extra damage!
Others are suggesting increased Frenzy buff length and max stacks as bonuses.
I would actually love to see some changes to the demon hunter generator skills.
Except for grenade,there is no real other competitive generator skill for the demon hunter.

Bolas and hungering arrow are ok-ish,but entangeling shot is utterly useless and you basically only use evasive fire for the quick hatred refill or cheesy armour buff.

Love the rapid fire changes!
I would like scrimshaw to boost the damage of zombie charger, like it did in the past.

Barbarian:
Bash
Weapon Throw

Demon Hunter:
Hungering Arrow
Chakram
More flushed out Strafe build (non-grenade)
Elemental Arrow

Necro:
Bone Splosions!!?!?!?!?!?
Bone Spirit (I loved D2 Bone Spirit)
Revive
Non-Singularity Skele Mage

Witch Doctor:
Zombie Dog (non-sacrifice)
Poison Stinker build for dogs/garg

Wizard:
I would love to see some generator builds for Wiz for Piercing Orb, Magic Missle, Glacial Spike, Electrocute (so many supporting items but its hard to get dmg in while using them)
I would also like to see some ray of frost builds and a reversion to old visual of sleet storm. Lots of potential with a ray of frost build.
Disintegrate has so much potential, but is wasted in the ramp up time and the lack of real dmg behind it. You can make it work with the fire rune but it needs to have some arcane builds too.
Hydra needs some love, back in vanilla D3 I would run around with blizzard and arcane hydra and demolish everything. I would like to see the ability to have dmg multipliers affect it and/or more hydras around. I'm not sure if this works or not, but the enforcer rune should affect hydras if it doesn't already.
Familiar could have a supporting item that makes its energy balls explode and do an AOE or something.
Arcane orb, while cool, is almost completely useless with most runes. A rework on how they function or interact with the supporting items that already exist would be amazing. For example, Fire Orb could explode each time it hits an enemy.
Diamond skin could have a build that fractures parts of the skin off into projectiles whenever you use X skill or something.
Energy Twister Storm Chaser rune could be brought into relevance. There could also be a change that allows twister to shoot out in 3's like the old druid version from D2
Mirror Image is almost unused and could be a lot of fun. Maybe having exploding images that seek out enemies after 5 seconds or X amount of dmg taken.
Blizzard is one of the most iconic abilities and is now never really seen....It needs love.

I play mostly wizard and something I would like to see is the ability to fulfill multiple roles not only on wizard, but other classes as well. I'm tired of seeing only monks/barbs and sometimes necros be supports. I would like better and more meta possible support builds for all the classes. I would like to have a boss killer build on each class and a trash killer on each class as well. I burn myself out because I try to play every class and get screwed by the limited stash space. I want to be able to focus on one or two characters and feel good about that decision.
Like many others here, I really would love to see a Phalanx build come up and become viable. It's a fun thing to have, but only at low levels currently.

I'd love to see a truly viable Tempest Rush build, like the ones i played back in Version 1.0.7, but beefed up to match other builds. It's something I've wanted for so many years.