Sages set not working properly.

General Discussion
Greetings,

I just tested out the sages set on a T13 regular rift. I noticed the following.

At first, I thought this was a bug, but I only got up to a maximum of 4 DBs, but after my second game I saw a 6 DB drop. 25% for third seems to be quite low or I am unlucky.
I also so a few instances of 3 DBs being dropped. I am not sure how the game calculated that. DB drops should always be even numbers. It’s possible that the game did not recognize that I had a sages set active.
I saw once instance of just 2 DBs being dropped in a T13 game with my sages set on. Either the game did not recognize my sages’ bonus, or the mob only dropped one DB.

This are minor inconveniences, but I thought I should shed some light on it and see if others have experienced this issue.

Shawmeck
People noticed it has to be onscreen when DB drop to be doubled.

Other than that, my sage sets work fine.
05/22/2019 11:47 AMPosted by Lifelesgamer

Thats interesting. Well I know for sure that one of my 3 DB drops was from one of my own kills.

How often does Sages set not work on off screen kills?
05/22/2019 12:20 PMPosted by Shawmeck

Thats interesting. Well I know for sure that one of my 3 DB drops was from one of my own kills.

How often does Sages set not work on off screen kills?
IDK. I used my set pre season and it worked fine but I was testing it solo.

I heard that info from a streamer BigDaddyDen67. He has a sage set and has been running around with it in T16 for a couple of days now.

Other things to note is it double all DB including bosses and caches (bounties give DB?).
The sets working correct if you're seeing 4 [2 regular drop] dbs and 6 [3 regular drop] dbs. T13 drops 2 dbs with a chance for a 3rd db.
FYI, it does not double cache dbs (it used to add 1 for cr caches back in the day) or dbs from the green goblin. I think it's called an odious collector. It does double dbs from elites and every other goblin as far as I've noticed. I've also seen some odd number drops like 3, 5 or 7 but haven't noticed enough to see any pattern or cause.
Seems to be working for me. Had to tone down from T15 to T10, because the amount of DBs were just way too overwhelming. Think it will take a bit of time to get use to.
05/22/2019 02:28 PMPosted by henry
The sets working correct if you're seeing 4 [2 regular drop] dbs and 6 [3 regular drop] dbs. T13 drops 2 dbs with a chance for a 3rd db.

OP states sages set was tested on T16.

I can confirm that one can get up to 8 DB's for an off screen kill.
05/22/2019 02:28 PMPosted by henry
This seems to be sporadic at best... On a T16 one should NEVER get 2 drops, they should always be 3 or 4 making the sage set drop 6 or 8. However, I consistently get 4 db's on a T16 with sage's set equipped. I also concur with the poster that I've seen odd numbers of 5 and even 3 which is impossible if the sage set is "doubling" anything.
EDIT: Come to think of it - it probably has something to do with how Americans invented the numbering system which is why the rest of the world understands 182,387 Billion (read lazy developers)...
Americans don´t understand the logic about the benefits of the metric system...but hey, seems right if they chose a orange dude as their president.
What's more likely is the DB drop range actually runs on truncated decimals relative to difficulty and instances of 5 could have been a roll from anywhere between 2.5-2.9, where, once doubled and trimmed, leaves you with the odd number. And before someone says there are no fractional DBs, that's literally the point of the truncation: to cut off the fraction/decimal.

Nothing to do with the metric system or trash talking Americans.
Works fine for me. I’ve noticed a couple of things. In multiplayer if someone makes a kill too far away from you, there is a normal db drop not a sage drop. Also, if you make two elite kills close together, sometimes just an outlying db will be auto swept up with one kill making it appear the other kill had less db.
05/22/2019 07:57 PMPosted by MOE
the amount of DBs were just way too overwhelming.

Yeah, okay bro.
05/23/2019 04:33 AMPosted by F00kernaut
metric system
...cute how you and Blizzard both think the hundreds, thousands, millions, billions, etc is somehow related to measurement units.
Thank you all for your feedback. Hopefully blizzard team will look into this matter and find a quick fix.
05/23/2019 10:08 PMPosted by Shawmeck
Hopefully blizzard team will look into this
What is there to look into? It works the same as broken crown.

You need to be near the elite when it is killed (~50y) to get double drops.
It has always worked this way.