S18 Theme Ideas

General Discussion
Giving all players the In-Geom buff by Default would be an interesting Season theme, would really help speed builds but would not push high end builds a super high amount.

What are some other ideas people would like to see as a season theme?
Paragon 9000!!!
I’m guessing Zodiac or of the Elements comes soon.

I’d like to see a season that allowed 5 man parties. Would be awesome if it only allowed one class per party that way we would be having a new class in “four”man speeds and meta pushes.

Season of anomalies? Perhaps a season where random legendaries are buffed like crazy.

Season of primal retribution? Clones that deal 50% of your dmg for every primal equipped(haunt of Vaxo buff granted per primal)? Would make some of those useless primals more appealing

Season of Haedrig -Crafted sets can be worn with LoN and grant their bonus.
  • Double Rift Guardians
  • Follower Heavily DPS buffed
  • Crafted Items are Heavily DPS buffed
  • Unity Ring & Arcstone Ring combined (might need to buff damage on Arcstone though)
  • An option for players to be Immune to one Elemental type (some separate place to select one of the 5 immune amulets), but monsters are Immune to one as well like Diablo II
  • Endless Walk set bonus
  • Bastions of Will set bonus
  • Regular Gems are Doubled
  • Blackthorne's Battlegear (All set bonus)
  • All Cool Downs are cut in half
  • All Ability Costs are cut in half
  • Off the wall one, Every point in a Primary Stat that isn't normal for the class will increase all damage output by 2% for them. You could re-roll the stats with other toons, but you would need better drop overall to be willing. Do you swap the main stat or the chc/chd?
  • Shrine Effects are doubled in power/length
  • Every 10 points in achievement score in season gives 1% damage (it would require hardcore for the last 5% from the conquests
  • 05/08/2019 10:27 AMPosted by aloc
    I’d like to see a season that allowed 5 man parties.

The servers can barely handle 4 player parties. What makes you think 5 player parties would even be possible?

And that suggestion regarding primals is just so bad I'm not going to bother commenting it...
    Give me a season similar to the nemesis system that the consoles have, except the nemesis creature can attack you from anywhere at almost any given time within sanctuary (adventure mode and campaign mode), with the exception of greater rifts. Every time you kill it, it'll come back later even stronger (it'll start off at like GR 2 difficulty, with each kill increasing its stats by 2 GR); this will repeat until it kills the player at which it's stats will become weak again. The season effect will only take place in private games and once the player has reach level 70. A season like that would be worthwhile for me.

...Then again, probably not since that'd probably be unfair and/or a hindrance for hardcore players.
    I'd like a season of swiftness, where all monsters are aggressive, fast, follow you much further from way off screen, as fast as the armored destroyers, monsters are way too slow.
    A season with an additional cube slot that you can put any legendary skill in for a total of 4 skills
    A season where elites/rare mobs have 5+ affixes? But have a bit increase in drop rates.
    I'm hoping S18 is Season of Travelling, just to get Compass Ring/TP, there's very little amulet variety in game.
    I'd settle for a season of stash where you can just buy an extra tab and not have to reach conquer. Yes, I'm still bitter about stashgate.
    A season without legendarys, only white, blue and yellow items.
    05/08/2019 04:07 PMPosted by Exalted

Stupid thing the goal is to move forward for new meta/build not return 7 years back
    05/08/2019 03:28 PMPosted by Venaliter
    I'm hoping S18 is Season of Travelling, just to get Compass Ring/TP, there's very little amulet variety in game.

I think this would be good and better than the rorg season.
    05/08/2019 04:07 PMPosted by Exalted

I tried to do a gRift level One with nothing but white items, I couldn't do it. It would be impressive if someone could though.

I think season themes are supposed to be something that isn't already available in game. You can already restrict yourself to whites, blues, and yellows. But you can't have double goblins or free RoRG buff.
    A season of no zdps would be a welcomed change, albeit very difficult to enforce.
    05/08/2019 10:02 AMPosted by NotGeorge
    Giving all players the In-Geom buff by Default would be an interesting Season theme, would really help speed builds but would not push high end builds a super high amount.

What are some other ideas people would like to see as a season theme?

Here’s what I want to see: Suggestions that don’t have anything to do with just activating another legendary or set.

Be a LITTLE creative here.

How about a Seasonal Element buff? Every day 2 random Elements receive a 50% damage buff.

Or D2 boss events.

Or a new D3 event.

Or elites have 5 affixes.
    I do hope its not some double this or halve this. Having actual mechanic changes do more for the uniquness.
    05/08/2019 02:27 PMPosted by Brad
    I'd like a season of swiftness, where all monsters are aggressive, fast, follow you much further from way off screen, as fast as the armored destroyers, monsters are way too slow.
    "FRESH MEAT" - I still shudder.
    Free set season:

You can have 2 sets of 6 Piece at the same time, one passive, and One equiped. Just for fun and see new builds.