Why are we still joining ongoing GRs in pub games?

General Discussion
Makes no sense.
Because you'd never join a game if they restricted joining a session with a GR already active.

The real question is why can't we join the GR that is going, up to a certain point. Maybe at 70% or less or something.
The real question here is why is there no game lobby feature like in D2? We need a better lobby system so we can pair up easily with other players that are doing the same GRs. I'm so sick of joining a random pub game and everyone has different GRs levels in mind.
Diablo only knows...and he's dead ...or is heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Jokes aside, at this point I'd happily join a GR already in progress and just have the percentage of the GR I missed deducted from my total gold and XP clear bonus upon finishing the GR. Heck disallow me to upgrade gems and get any legendaries off the boss if I joined after the GR was already started. Taking those deductions seems like it'd be a much better alternative than the GR Join Roulette mini game we currently have to play.

And that might actually help us get into a flow with a group of 4 afterwards. As it stands now public GR "matchmaking" is a time sink nightmare.
They put SO MUCH effort into Starcraft's player-matching system and almost ZERO effort into Diablo's player-matching.

I guess 4000P players just match right up with 700P players?

And it's so completely annoying now the way they got you joining GR's that JUST STARTED.

It has completely ruined the game.

I guess you are supposed to sit in town and wait 15 minutes to see if MAYBE they can finish the rift?

Who come up with this idea? What's the point of it?

And people continually coming in and going out of your game (because they don't want to wait in town either) is so extremely ANNOYING that I want to throw my keyboard across the room.

I just can not comprehend WHY someone would make the game this way unless the are just somehow sadistic.
Because you would be joining no games otherwise
07/02/2019 11:11 AMPosted by Zeppelin
They put SO MUCH effort into Starcraft's player-matching system and almost ZERO effort into Diablo's player-matching.

I guess 4000P players just match right up with 700P players?

And it's so completely annoying now the way they got you joining GR's that JUST STARTED.

It has completely ruined the game.

I guess you are supposed to sit in town and wait 15 minutes to see if MAYBE they can finish the rift?

Who come up with this idea? What's the point of it?

And people continually coming in and going out of your game (because they don't want to wait in town either) is so extremely ANNOYING that I want to throw my keyboard across the room.

I just can not comprehend WHY someone would make the game this way unless the are just somehow sadistic.

Quite right, it's absolute garbage to put players into games they can't play.
As stated, its a lose lose situation. Before you pretty much never got a game and it was only you each time (since who would wait for the "Potential" for some others to join). So they changed it at the REQUEST of the players. Now you can join plenty of games, just have to wait for it to complete. I see it as better then the prior as you just join into the next game.

It would of been better where the game wouldn't be open for joining until a certain % complete (say 50-75%) so the people that are joining just arn't joining a game that just started.

But it was changed at the request of players since there were NO public games going.

And granted, both methods fail when you SHOULD be using the communities for getting GR's going. Much easier to get the level your looking for and for getting a full group.
05/14/2019 04:07 PMPosted by SeuTiBeun
The real question here is why is there no game lobby feature like in D2? We need a better lobby system so we can pair up easily with other players that are doing the same GRs. I'm so sick of joining a random pub game and everyone has different GRs levels in mind.

i agree... d3 automatic system to search open games is sucks...
07/02/2019 12:33 PMPosted by Dragonmaster
As stated, its a lose lose situation. Before you pretty much never got a game and it was only you each time (since who would wait for the "Potential" for some others to join). So they changed it at the REQUEST of the players. Now you can join plenty of games, just have to wait for it to complete. I see it as better then the prior as you just join into the next game.

It would of been better where the game wouldn't be open for joining until a certain % complete (say 50-75%) so the people that are joining just arn't joining a game that just started.

But it was changed at the request of players since there were NO public games going.

And granted, both methods fail when you SHOULD be using the communities for getting GR's going. Much easier to get the level your looking for and for getting a full group.

I just joined a public game that was running for 30 seconds and there were 3 PEOPLE IN TOWN WAITING.

Yeah, some wonderful 'system' you got there!

Oh and what level GR was he running?, Oh we don't get to know that.

Just wait in town and see what happens or leave and rejoin the same game 20 times?

That's your answer, just go 'join a community' or find some friends?

It was working just fine before they screwed it up.

The GR should be LOCKED once it starts and no one can join it (unless they get DISCONNECTED then they can rejoin.)
It is interesting that I can pick the difficulty level of a bounty game I want to play, and I won't be added to one where 1 of the acts have been finished, but with GR's, they just throw you in the first available game.

Better match making system:
1. Let the player decide the difficulty they want to join in sets of 10 (1-10, 11-20,
etc).
2.Give the player an option to join a game in progress or be put in one in between
GR's.