Why reduce the damage of a blessed shield ?!

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
04/24/2019 06:45 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We think we may have overshot it a little with the tuning in PTR patch 2, so we may adjust the value again before live. Most likely not to the value it was previously, but probably a little nudge upward of where it's at now.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22976066/season-17-the-season-of-nightmares-begins-517-5-10-2019
    Akkhan’s Leniency
    Each enemy hit by your Blessed Shield increases damage of your Blessed Shield by 15-20% 30-35% for 3 seconds

Oh, there's a surprise. No nudge upward from the PTR patch 2 values then.
Glad that season starts in week, Sad that Blessed Shield didn't get a "nudge" :(

It'll still be a strong spec for the season regardless of a lost 15% potential or not.
04/24/2019 06:45 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We think we may have overshot it a little with the tuning in PTR patch 2, so we may adjust the value again before live. Most likely not to the value it was previously, but probably a little nudge upward of where it's at now.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22976066/season-17-the-season-of-nightmares-begins-517-5-10-2019
    Akkhan’s Leniency
    Each enemy hit by your Blessed Shield increases damage of your Blessed Shield by 15-20% 30-35% for 3 seconds

Oh, there's a surprise. No nudge upward from the PTR patch 2 values then.
What a joke. A straight-up lie from Nevalistis, who is quickly losing any credibility.
I will still try it, the PTR game offered a limited perspective into blessed shield with LoN variations. There still might be a awesome combo to use for fast play at higher GR's.
05/10/2019 10:21 AMPosted by Kani
There's still no updated patch notes for the new value on Blessed Shield?

we may adjust the value again

Stop being passive aggressive. May does not mean will.

It's called criticism, relax. The response to the Bless Shield nerf was OVERWHELMINGLY negative so yeah we thought it'd more than likely get re-buffed in response. Clearly, she just said that to pacify everyone at the time since well, they did nothing.
05/10/2019 10:55 AMPosted by Negator
A straight-up lie from Nevalistis

More like straight up hyperbole from you.

It wasn't some intentional lie. She is not the one who makes decisions about numbers.
'may' does not mean 'certainly'.

I'll admit it did look promising but this post by her was no way in an indication it would be buffed again 100% for sure.

Still odd they really don't seem to want Crusaders to have powerful specs like wiz/DH.
05/10/2019 10:59 AMPosted by Drakiock
I will still try it, the PTR game offered a limited perspective into blessed shield with LoN variations. There still might be a awesome combo to use for fast play at higher GR's.

I'm more concerned about non-season as it's a spec I want to play forever and was always drawn to it. I've put a lot of work into NS getting primals over time and I think LoN will be only way to make it work. Akkhan set multiplier is too low, imo. Non-season will make ring choices tough if using LoN.

I think it'll still be decent-ish for S17 but like a lot of seasonal builds it will fall off after.
WTH? They just broke their promise? They just let the new season go like this?

Not even an explanation for this.
WTH? They just broke their promise? They just let the new season go like this?

Not even an explanation? I quit....
05/10/2019 11:02 AMPosted by PhoenixForce
05/10/2019 10:55 AMPosted by Negator
A straight-up lie from Nevalistis

More like straight up hyperbole from you.

It wasn't some intentional lie. She is not the one who makes decisions about numbers.
'may' does not mean 'certainly'.

I'll admit it did look promising but this post by her was no way in an indication it would be buffed again 100% for sure.

Still odd they really don't seem to want Crusaders to have powerful specs like wiz/DH.
She said x will happen, do not worry. X did not happen. That is a lie. Is it intentional? Did she have orders? Was she herself fooled? Those are mitigating details. The comment, on its face...is a lie.
The Akkahn's Leniency to 35% max was a typo. Our community manager updated the S17 patch notes recently:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22976066
Akkhan’s Leniency
Each enemy hit by your Blessed Shield increases damage of your Blessed Shield by 35-40% for 3 seconds
The Akkahn's Leniency to 35% max was a typo. Our community manager updated the S17 patch notes recently:
[quote]Akkhan’s Leniency
Each enemy hit by your Blessed Shield increases damage of your Blessed Shield by 35-40% for 3 seconds

Thanks for the notice!

That's a tad more heartening to see.
It is heartening! I'm excited to play crusader alt next season.
05/10/2019 12:14 PMPosted by Oblivion
Thanks for the notice!

That's a tad more heartening to see.

Ya, cheers.
I guess 5% more is better than not changing the patch notes again at all.
05/10/2019 12:18 PMPosted by Cratic
I'm excited to play crusader alt next season

Same, but I really wish they'd do something with Akkhan's set multiplier for when S17 ends. NS Capt America is going to tank still, imo.
Better than nothing, I guess...

Now it can be competitive with Condemn - for one season. After that, it's back to the closet...

Maybe this is very unfair of me to say, but sometimes I feel like the devs are holding my fun hostage with these arbitrary buffs and nerfs.
5% buff...yeah, wouldn't want Bless Shield to be too powerful next season or anything right?

*Looks at Necro next Season.*

Jim Carrey COME ON! gif
seriously no other changes, only that 5% joke....the season will have so much issues all of them addressed in the ptr feedback and after so much extention: nothing

i already got that blow because no barb changes now i really starting to feel pity for d3, why should we be hyped for a patch like 2.6.5 when you said we have plays for s17?
the season theme was way too soon there should have been a couple of balancing patches for all the useless items to make LoN playable in the first place
Sad. I wanted to support this game, but the dev keep dissappointed us....

Even a small 40-55% would be enough, and its just a numerical change, & we are not asking for even new contents.
05/10/2019 12:13 PMPosted by Cratic
[quote]Akkhan’s Leniency

Signal boosting! I meant to come make a post in here, but I caught this right before lunch and had plans with a friend.

Thanks for calling it out, by the way. Turns out this was overlooked during our patch note review and I'm glad folks were vocal about it so I could double check and get things corrected. Much appreciated!