Blizzcon 2019 Announced!

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
04/25/2019 10:06 AMPosted by Orrion
My question is.. why do you think this is news?

Did you think they would cancel Blizzcon or something?

Good new, bad news,.............it's all news bro!

Blizzard will never cancel Blizzcon unless Homeland Security tells them to cancel this year.

Otherwise it's business as usual for Acti-Blizzard.
04/25/2019 09:21 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
They'll probably have a large security guard at the door, dressed as Diablo, doing inspections on anyone attempting to enter. If they don't have a phone, their ticket is revoked without a refund.

No point allowing that person in if they're not using the latest and greatest hardware to play their upcoming games, amirite?

So, you are not totally wrong. ATX is the new ticket seller. You need the app on your mobile device to get into the show (+ Govt issued photo ID matching the ticket name). Although they do seem to have some sort of customer service desk if your device is having issues.

You’ll Need the AXS Mobile App to Get Into the Show

To pick up your badge at registration this year, you’ll need to download the AXS Mobile App. The app displays a QR code (one code for all of your tickets), which changes at regular intervals to help guard against dupes and fraud. Because of that, we won’t be able to accept paper tickets, confirmation emails, or screenshots/photos of the QR code at BlizzCon registration.

After you buy your tickets, you should receive an email from AXS with instructions on how to download the app, or you can download it at any time for iPhone and Android.

If for some reason you find yourself at the show with a dead mobile device or some other unexpected issue preventing you from accessing the app, don’t worry. Just head to the Solutions Desk at registration and they’ll help you out.
I think Blizz should dump the idea of making video games and start making phones. Clearly not enough of us have one.
I wonder how much hotter the forges will be this year. You know, what with all the "multiple" projects they promised in 2018 that have been revealed.
I would like to go to a Blizzcon some day. Not possible this year for me, but maybe the next.
04/25/2019 11:00 AMPosted by MissCheetah
You’ll Need the AXS Mobile App to Get Into the Show

To pick up your badge at registration this year, you’ll need to download the AXS Mobile App. The app displays a QR code (one code for all of your tickets), which changes at regular intervals to help guard against dupes and fraud. Because of that, we won’t be able to accept paper tickets, confirmation emails, or screenshots/photos of the QR code at BlizzCon registration.

After you buy your tickets, you should receive an email from AXS with instructions on how to download the app, or you can download it at any time for iPhone and Android.

If for some reason you find yourself at the show with a dead mobile device or some other unexpected issue preventing you from accessing the app, don’t worry. Just head to the Solutions Desk at registration and they’ll help you out.

Boy, they're really doubling down on that whole 'do you guys not have phones' thing. Now they're not even gonna let people in unless they can break out a smart phone.
Diablo 4? HaHa! (Nelson)
I hope there'd be many red shirt guys attending this year spicing up Diablo presentations.
Yes Blizzcon promotes games. But it put too much pressure on the developers who with a deadline every year. The developers should peacefully work 6 years without the artificial noise that Blizzcon generates.

Also, CM said that they would reveal various Diablo project over the course of 2019. She also said that they prefer to show us, rather than tell us and it sounds right.

However, Blizzard North did not need Blizzcon. Blizzard North used to "release games when they are ready".
This is why I would prefer they show absolutely nothing if it's not ready.
Starting with the final image for any project is never the right workflow in my opinion.
That's why I personally think Blizzard should step back a little from deadlines and investors pressure.

I would prefer less marketing and more down to earth project.
04/25/2019 11:00 AMPosted by MissCheetah
So, you are not totally wrong. ATX is the new ticket seller. You need the app on your mobile device to get into the show (+ Govt issued photo ID matching the ticket name). Although they do seem to have some sort of customer service desk if your device is having issues.

People can't even attend Blizzcon without a smartphone now? That's pretty lousy for those fans who don't have a smartphone for whatever reason (age, privacy, cost, etc.).
04/25/2019 11:53 AMPosted by Chipoodle
I hope there'd be many red shirt guys attending this year spicing up Diablo presentations.

I bet there won't be a Diablo presentation. They shouldn't take that risk like a fool.
After last years disaster, I will just stay home and cut the grass. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Prior to last years Blizzcon I was a fanboy, now I am on the fence, anymore bad news from them and I am done. Are the forges still burning hot? I can no longer tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlNWHLlfheU
I'll go for an additional stash tab
LMAO. I will keep my money this year and let you tube give me the info on Diablo Crush a completely new match 3 demon game with all new bait and switch dynamics.
The big announcement - Diablo Immortal first expansion: The Butcher of Hopes!!!
Coming exclusively for Android and iOS
Pre - Order now and get Maghda's Butterfly wings and Rainbow pony pet!!!
even if theyre going to give away the D3 game for free I ain't buying the ticket.

Cheers!
There'll be Multiple projects' presentation. These are my bets:

• Azmodan Cereal
  • Diablo Credit Card
  • Deckard Cain's Health Insurance Program
04/25/2019 01:09 PMPosted by Ivos
ROFL.
04/25/2019 01:09 PMPosted by Ivos
Coming exclusively for Android and iOS
Pre - Order now and get Maghda's Butterfly wings and Rainbow pony pet!!!

LMAO