Blizzcon 2019 Announced!

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
Sadly, this announcement about you not being able to attend BlizzCon 2019 without a mobile phone came only three weeks late to be an April Fool's Joke.
I was planning on checking Diablofans for updates about Blizzcon, but it looks like I'll have to use Reddit for that.
*looks into the distance* No!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pt97ohPk74
For me personally, this marks the very beginning of the most important period for the future of my continued enjoyment of Diablo going forward.

Two years ago, we were told that there was nothing to share about Diablo at Blizzcon, continuing a lengthy period where Blizzard essentially did nothing and ignored its fan base.

Last year we were provided false promises in one of the biggest PR blunders Blizzard has ever seen, the ramifications of which are still being felt today.

Since then, although there have been one or two bright spots, it has mostly been misstep after misstep, with the “miscommunication” about stash tabs being just the latest mistake Blizzard has made when it comes to Diablo.

You would expect, after all that’s happened, that Blizzard would learn from its mistakes and redeem itself for this year’s Blizzcon...but so far they have shown less than zero ability to treat this franchise right.

We shall see.
No red shirts allowed
04/25/2019 02:07 PMPosted by magicalfetus
*looks into the distance* No!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pt97ohPk74

LOL pure gold
Blizzcon in 2K19, kappa.
04/25/2019 08:55 AMPosted by Chetanji
https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/22955736/welcome-back-to-blizzcon

For some reason this news makes me depressed somewhat.

Just seeing a new Blizzcon is quite the strange thing to say the least!

What do you guys feel on this subject?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm certainly not interested in mobile gayming or in any new mobile announcements and no card games please.
04/25/2019 02:14 PMPosted by BrownieMix

Since then, although there have been one or two bright spots, it has mostly been misstep after misstep, with the “miscommunication” about stash tabs being just the latest mistake Blizzard has made when it comes to Diablo.

You would expect, after all that’s happened, that Blizzard would learn from its mistakes and redeem itself for this year’s Blizzcon...but so far they have shown less than zero ability to treat this franchise right.

We shall see.

It's not Blizzard anymore. It's Activision Blizzard now, and that shows. Once you understand that, you'll see what this once great company has mutated to. And then you can go on, and look at their new games as just another game, it doesn't matter if from EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft, or Activision Blizzard. Thus, I'm less than excited. They should just stop with "Blizzcons"(why not Activision Blizzcon btw?) and go to E3 and GamesCom etc. like all the other companies.
04/25/2019 03:04 PMPosted by Elgareth
They should just stop with "Blizzcons"(why not Activision Blizzcon btw?) and go to E3 and GamesCom etc. like all the other companies.

You've missed the news it seems
Talk about pouring salt in the wound...
04/25/2019 09:37 AMPosted by Hypersonic
Honestly, I can't see myself getting excited about Diablo 4 even if they do announce and reveal the game at this year's event.

Last year's spectacular PR dumpster fire has caused some serious damage and Blizzard isn't what it used to be.

Their stock feels this.
Do you people not have phones? Why attend such horrific event and waste money. Either watch it on your phone or dont watch it at all.
Rekt!
A friend at another AAA gaming company told me that they tried hiring a bunch of Harvard and Wharton MBAs but the company went south really quick because none of them understood gaming. So they got rid of them and now only hire execs who play games. They are now one of the most profitable gaming companies out there.

He also told me that within the industry Activision Blizzard is known for hiring MBAs who could care less for games. Full of bean counters.

Explains a lot in my view.
Well it can't be worse than last year Blizzcon so there is that.

*hides*
Blizzcon will be attended by no less than half a million chinese gamers and presentation will be delivered in 2 official languages.
I'm still pissed off about last Blizzcon. No compensation for being lied to.
no retribution. no love.

F