Blizzcon 2019 Announced!

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
04/26/2019 06:19 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Samsung Jv3

Not a bad phone for the price. It's the same one I use.
04/25/2019 09:01 AMPosted by DonMartin
Don't care. Boycott Blizzconn.

This would be awesome!

Envision it, empty seats all around, not even crickets and Wyatt on stage with his solo act. Poor guy. :(
Looks like I'll just watch the announcements on youtube this year.
i need to learn chinese, i think wyatt is going to make all his speeches in that language from now on.
Diablo 2 remaster for mobile only.
If you are not present, you will miss the announcement of the Druid for Diablo .....

..... Mobile Obviously.
04/26/2019 07:22 AMPosted by TheTias
At least you should be able to use the WoW companion app on your phone. I bet that's one app you probably wouldn't mind. ;)

I have not played WoW in months! I need to log in though and get some eggs for the new toys and cosmetics. With low rewards for Missions I don't see the point in using the companion app.

Now, if they got pet battles on the phone, that would have been a big hit. Something not mandatory, but that many people are already familiar with and have been asking for. Should have been their first mobile game foray. Not my thing, but tons of people would play that, esp if they can add to their in-game collection with it.
It's time to check if my downvote to D:I trailer is still there...

EDIT: Yep
04/26/2019 09:04 AMPosted by MissCheetah
I have not played WoW in months! I need to log in though and get some eggs for the new toys and cosmetics. With low rewards for Missions I don't see the point in using the companion app.

The companion app now has the guild chat put back in, so there's that.
04/26/2019 11:59 AMPosted by TheTias
04/26/2019 09:04 AMPosted by MissCheetah

The companion app now has the guild chat put back in, so there's that.

Guild...those ghosts of people I used to play with long ago. I am still in my guild but few people play and most of those are on my Bnet app friends list anyway.
04/26/2019 12:02 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Guild...those ghosts of people I used to play with long ago. I am still in my guild but few people play and most of those are on my Bnet app friends list anyway.

:(

That pretty much sums up my D3 clan. I'm one of only about four active players, and only one or two are on at any given time, with me being one of those two.

Of course guild chat is likely as close to playing as I'll ever be able to get with WoW again. It's kinda beyond depressing.
04/25/2019 10:18 AMPosted by Brogoth
There is literally nothing they could announce that I will be interested in, thanks to Blizzcon 2018.

Yeah, I've pretty much lost faith in them as a company. Last year I had hopes for a D2 remaster announcement, but even that won't interest me much this year. I just don't think they'd get it right.
Blizzcon ?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Blizzcon i couldn't care less
04/25/2019 09:29 AMPosted by sergeix
They need to reallocate the Blizzcon to China to be closer and take care of their new target audience.

+1000
Blizzcon pass prices
2016 November 4–5 $199
2017 November 3–4 $199
2018 November 2–3 $199
2019 November 1-2 $229

I wonder why they increased it more this year....

Either way, I'd rather give that $229 to a hobo on the street corner for his half-eaten double cheeseburger from McDonalds.
04/25/2019 09:16 AMPosted by Chetanji
04/25/2019 09:10 AMPosted by Caladon
Would be fitting if no one showed up for the d3 booth/panels/announcements. The venue would just be empty there. All other games as normal.

You do understand my friend that there are thousands of fanboys that will sell their soul again at the door?

It would be fitting that no one went near the D3 booth etc.

Perhaps amongst the fanboys will be a few that remembered last year!

After the fiasco of Diablo Immortal 2018 who will be wanting to go to Blizzcon. I think that this year they might not sell out of tickets, and if they do it might not be nearly as fast as they did in previous years. I know that it will be interesting to watch that fiasco.

That is unless they have something up their sleeve to get the players to want to attend. Some special little prizes that will cause us to want to be part of Blizzcon. Some being in game others would be things like T shirts and other fancy stuff.
04/27/2019 09:11 AMPosted by Whirlwind
- Slush fund to pay actors to ask favorable or soft ball questions during the Q&A

- Slush fund to pay shill gaming journalists to write up flattering articles and/or go in to bat for Blizzard

- Recoup losses on advertising revenue they had expected for the Diablo Immortal trailers which got heavily disliked

- Pay for the services of genuinely good consultants who know how not to stuff up public relations in the lead up to and during this year's event
Blizzcon pass prices
2016 November 4–5 $199
2017 November 3–4 $199
2018 November 2–3 $199
2019 November 1-2 $229

For 2019 they added:
-An all day event on Thursday outside the convention center.
-More space inside the convention center that they rented
-A separate rental space to do badges which used to be at the con center.
-continuation of increased security

In 2018 they added a whole new area of the convention center that was built - Blizz rented it. Second year of pre-blizzcon weeks of videos before con. Major security increases as well including a full wall around the convention center and all entry points covered by metal detectors and searches. Also dogs and increased security inside.

2017 they added the weeks of pre con videos to the virtual ticket which con goers also get.

I am actually kind of surprise it took until this year for the price to go up and for them to add VIP tickets. The amount of space they are renting has gone up year by year without any cost increase until now.
04/27/2019 10:58 AMPosted by MissCheetah

I am actually kind of surprise it took until this year for the price to go up and for them to add VIP tickets. The amount of space they are renting has gone up year by year without any cost increase until now.

Maybe they should stop footing the bill for streamers to attend and act as influencers on gaming mediums so they can give fair assessments and not have their "opinions" bought and paid for or covered by NDA.