Share my sadness?

General Discussion
Hello everyone,

I have no idea why, but for some reason I was thinking about D3 and got really sad.

RoS brought so much potential, all I could think about is what could have been, but then when reality set in, it was instant depression.... :(

Does anyone else feel a little sadness thinking about what could have been?
Every waking moment :( Went back to D2 after Blizzcon, knowing that was the last nail in the coffin for the Diablo franchise.
Greed got the better of Blizzard as they tailored D3 for console. Also constant change in management and game directors made the game a complete mess due to lack of direction.

What they need to do is revert the game back to D3 vanilla with trading and auction house, it was during that period the D3 population bloomed and the community was alive. Almost everyone I knew was playing the game, trying to find rare loot to sell (the basis of D2LOD).
The game was originally designed around it, and remember the near-impossibility of finding good loot? How you had to have the next Acts loot to step foot into it? But that loot didn't drop until well into the next act? Leaving you to die, die, die, over and over until you had someone take you into the next act for drops? Oh, right, you played 'auction house D3'. Where it was best to sit with the AH screen open, and fish for items, instead of playing the game. I don't think they will bring back that mess. We're all just waiting on D4, if it ever appears, anyway. They won't be doing anything substantive to this game anymore. Accept that D3 won't be reverting to D3 Vanilla, that boat sailed. Yes, yes, 'But, but, selling items was AWESOME'. Not for players that hadn't botted and cheated to get those items, remember playing 'Self-Found'?
im sad about what could be..
05/13/2019 09:02 PMPosted by DireRaven
The game was originally designed around it, and remember the near-impossibility of finding good loot? How you had to have the next Acts loot to step foot into it? But that loot didn't drop until well into the next act? Leaving you to die, die, die, over and over until you had someone take you into the next act for drops? Oh, right, you played 'auction house D3'. Where it was best to sit with the AH screen open, and fish for items, instead of playing the game. I don't think they will bring back that mess. We're all just waiting on D4, if it ever appears, anyway. They won't be doing anything substantive to this game anymore. Accept that D3 won't be reverting to D3 Vanilla, that boat sailed. Yes, yes, 'But, but, selling items was AWESOME'. Not for players that hadn't botted and cheated to get those items, remember playing 'Self-Found'?

Diablo game has always been about hardcore grinding for better gear, now the game throws loot into your face that is what turned many of the players off and they ran over to POE.

The only ones playing the game now are casuals like you who want everything to be auto looted and end gear to drop like !@#$ that someone with diarrhea is taking a dump on... the game is "fun and easy" for casuals but it turned all the core D2 fans away with loot 2.0=
That grind is what fueled those webs sites that sold D2 gear. I initially thought that Auction House was a brilliant idea, then they HAD to allow real money into it. People realized they could play the market and flip-to-win. If you have 14 thousand dollars to throw away on an Echoing Fury then the AH was great! I figure they allowed real money to also kill the gold farmers along with they illicit gear sites. They definitely accomplished that goal, but...

"Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!" https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NiceJobBreakingItHero
the game is "fun and easy" for casuals but it turned all the core D2 fans away with loot 2.0=

Wasn't the core of D2 players bots? I guess that this quote would make sense since bots don't like loot 2.0 lol.

;-)
05/13/2019 11:21 PMPosted by Ziplex
the game is "fun and easy" for casuals but it turned all the core D2 fans away with loot 2.0=

Wasn't the core of D2 players bots? I guess that this quote would make sense since bots don't like loot 2.0 lol.

;-)

If the core of D2 players is bots then the core of D3 players is bots X 1000.

Maybe you shouldn't throw rocks in a glass house.
Stop wailing and behave like girl. Game is as it is - and I loved it. If you are sad go to PoE.
This is true that RoS brought into the game what was needed but it wasn't enough.
D3 have many good points, the best one, IMO, is the team synergies.
For as far as I can remember (since mid 80's) video gaming have no choice but to adapt to the telecommunication industry, since a moment PC players realise that Mobile Gaming took over years ago, but game developers know that fact since a long time and I think this is why Diablo:Immortal got that much hate.
That said, asking Blizzard or any other game developers to make an emphasis on PC gaming can easy by translated in ''corporative suicide''.

Now, about your sadness, the game direction of D3 has been terrible, RoS & the endless patch process fixed many things but there's not much to add.
My bet is that Diablo:Immortal will be way over expectation, the beloved Druid might totaly appear with an xpack or a patch (like the necromancer in D3).
There's Nothing to hope for really, Blizzard will release a AAA game on a platform.
05/14/2019 02:05 AMPosted by DarkBlizzard
If you are sad go to PoE.

Sadly, that won't cure it.
05/13/2019 08:37 PMPosted by fathom
What they need to do is revert the game back to D3 vanilla with trading and auction house, it was during that period the D3 population bloomed and the community was alive. Almost everyone I knew was playing the game, trying to find rare loot to sell (the basis of D2LOD).

I think they need to find a way to make trading a major part of the game, but vanilla D3 was terrible.

Lower drop rates and trading in RoS would have been ideal.
Stop wailing and behave like girl. Game is as it is - and I loved it. If you are sad go to PoE.

I can be sad for D3 but still like it, the two are not synonymous.

To have an emotion knowing how good the game could have been appears to not be that crazy based on other comments.

BTW, I have around 1k hours into PoE, good game, but does not have that "IT" factor for me. D3 had it until the inflated power creep and lack of balance crept in.
05/14/2019 07:25 PMPosted by Demonmonger

I can be sad for D3 but still like it, the two are not synonymous.

To have an emotion knowing how good the game could have been appears to not be that crazy based on other comments.

BTW, I have around 1k hours into PoE, good game, but does not have that "IT" factor for me. D3 had it until the inflated power creep and lack of balance crept in.

I agree....it does`t have this "IT". PoE graphics remind me mix of amateur and professional workers...so unbalanced.
D3 still has this power unbalanced issues (for example WizSP).
Sorry for being a bit pushy and not polite...
Not sorry to see that AH go away. I dumped at least a grand into it. And everytime i got my char good they threw a patch in to mess it up. I think that was the strategy
of blizz to keep the Mula rollin in. If i start gettin sad about playin i just go get caught up on some unfinished tracs with FL studio