Blizz, we should have up to 5 players by now

General Discussion
Blizz, we should have 5 players in a game by now. How about it?

5 is the # that game can handle with ease w/o overcrowding.

Just like we have 5 acts, even the score to number of players in game.

Would be a cool addition for lot of us.

More choices for end game = more fun. Hell, even bounties would be faster :))

More players would play, as there would be increased need for more players to party with. Lots of players don't last playing cause they don't have a party. I for one don't play pubs, only bounties.

With that, increase limit of clan members to 200 to go with the ~demand :)

See, what I did there?
Adding 1 stash tab to a game will cause the game to make your computer melt, their servers to burst into flames, and the destruction of the internet, so I am going to guess that adding a 5th player to the game is even more technologically impossible.
well.. it an be hard to find other players now...
but yeah, ideally, the more the merrier! :D
though can be overwhelming for monster, you know?
Man, I can barely find 4 people to play with , let alone 5.
The screen isn't busy enough for you with four players, all the effects going off?

Four is plenty.
Create more game modes! Raids or Dungeons or ubers with 5+ players please. No one is going to stick 4 xbox controllers on a pc and play a console version of D3. Please seperate console and PC versions. PC versions should be more "MMO".
They straight told you all that their servers would crash and burn if they were to add 1 more stash tab to every player as server try to syncronize what items you have with others in a multiplayer session; and you're asking for 5th player slot?
05/15/2019 07:02 PMPosted by SeuTiBeun
Create more game modes! Raids or Dungeons or ubers with 5+ players please. No one is going to stick 4 xbox controllers on a pc and play a console version of D3. Please seperate console and PC versions. PC versions should be more "MMO".

PC version should only be more "MMO" if the game is an MMO in the first place, otherwise no thank you on content gated behind multiplayer.
In four man meta, the game lags like crazy when too many mobs are on the screen. Can it handle 5 man?
Maybe post this 5 years ago when they still had more than a skeleton development team and some college interns that work for free beer and pizza?
Asking them to add a 5th player is asking too much; they already struggle with adding stash tabs without the game and servers going into meltdown.
05/15/2019 07:33 PMPosted by SimpleDave
Maybe post this 5 years ago when they still had more than a skeleton development team and some college interns that work for free beer and pizza?

5th and 6th player asked several times I believe their attitude wouldn't change. However, they didn't have as much excuse as they have now. Without adding all those glittering visual effects and number bloats with ever increasing layers of multipliers, this change surely would be implemented by now.
05/15/2019 07:33 PMPosted by SimpleDave

I heard college interns who are underaged gets paid with coke. Can anyone confirm?
They can't even get red beams how can you expect 5 players?
05/15/2019 05:49 PMPosted by MerLock
Man, I can barely find 4 people to play with , let alone 5.

/sig[h]n
I hate it when my party is full and a 5th one appears whom I have to tell we are already full.

Said no one ever. :>
Diablo 3 is hardcoded for 4 players, adding 5th or 8th player like we had in Diablo 2 (2000 year game) will be impossible.
Your computer could not handle extra players and would explode! You would not want that?

If there is a Diablo 4, I'm sure it will be only single player game because game mechanics could not handle 2 or more players.
But its still gonna be online only game.
5 player mode will turn 4 player into ghost town.

Its the same like not many playing 3 player mode when currently its 4. Thus it doesnt attract more players even when its 5.

Also, server cant handle 5 players when playing gr 140++ due to lag.

5 players would be good for N.rifts and bounties for sure.