Why are wizards crap?

Wizard
So i haven't played a wiz in quite some time. Thought it would be a good idea to play one again this season.
Wow what a mistake, Firebirds is a crap set. Managed to complete Tals, have just tried that, but again who the fug designed these sets.
Some cross eyed idiot it would seem.

You have to stand on your head whilst reciting the alphabet in reverse just to get the full damage bonus, and concurrently shave the balls of a goat to get any defense from the set.

Someone show me the light please...
I feel you, some skills seem bad at igniting with Firebird's, like blizzard. If you rush Haedrig's Gift it's comical how out of place you feel with the full bonus in like torment 4.
I switched from Firebird's to LoN with just a few ancients pretty quickly. More consistent damage for that early stage.
I think Tal's requires less specialization to leverage than Firebird's or Vyr's. It's robust, powerful against 1 monster or 100 monsters, colourful and fun.
None of the sets are going to defend you much. =)
If you held on to your random ancient drops, you might have a banging LoN configuration already available. I like LoN because I'm not juggling as many cooldowns and buffs, less constraints on gear/skills than set bonuses.
So i haven't played a wiz in quite some time. Thought it would be a good idea to play one again this season.
Wow what a mistake, Someone show me the light please...

While we can't really argue that Wizard in particular has weak legendary and DEEPLY flawed sets, (designed by guys who didn't seem to get it) Vyrs is still pretty solid, fluid set. (provided you use the numlock trick or some variation) to overcome it's physically damaging playstyle. And it happens to be a very powerful set this season. The trick is gearing it, which is why I suggest lootsharing. We had 4 Wizards all geared in Vyrs by midnight Friday.
Thanks for the replys,

Which ever drops for me first, between LON and Vyrs. And i'll change over to one of them.
05/19/2019 06:17 AMPosted by Loki
Thanks for the replys,

Which ever drops for me first, between LON and Vyrs. And i'll change over to one of them.

You can craft some level 70 gear for ancients. Just remember, you can use set items but you cannot gain any set bonuses (only 1 of a set). Four or five and you'll be running T6 in no time.

EDIT
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/storytime42-1253/hero/110982415
My hero Amy is currently leveling at T8 and you can see the source (Cosmic Strand), gloves (Pender Purchace) and chest (Born) are all crafted. The amulet is a cache item drop.

Post Edit, obviously I have found other pieces as I level through.
Yah Firebirds is garbage, as soon as you get Vyr's and Chants you become a God. Think the devs left it like that to troll us this season knowing how strong we become. Slow start for the wizard but strong mid game once you get those you're flying, then you can farm for LoN with ease.
As it stands right now the #1 USA SC wizard is 12 GR ahead of any other class. I'm having a hard time feeling bad for the class.
05/21/2019 07:32 AMPosted by SilentMike69
As it stands right now the #1 USA SC wizard is 12 GR ahead of any other class. I'm having a hard time feeling bad for the class.

Was actually thinking the same, tbh. ^^

Plus, you can be sure we will be hated by other classes players, without a doubt, once again ... :P
05/21/2019 11:08 AMPosted by Gelador
05/21/2019 07:32 AMPosted by SilentMike69

Plus, you can be sure we will be hated by other classes players, without a doubt, once again ... :P

That's a bot, though. 81 hours logged Since Season was released...95 hours ago.
05/21/2019 03:57 PMPosted by Venaliter

Even if you discount that one, the average range of Wiz on the leaderboards is still 10 GR higher than any other class except Demon Hunter, which are only around 3 - 5 GR behind.
05/21/2019 03:57 PMPosted by Venaliter

You know you can rebirth characters, eh? What would you say if he had 400 hours?
05/22/2019 02:10 AMPosted by Biochemikas
You know you can rebirth characters, eh? What would you say if he had 400 hours?

You know in the seasonal tab of their profile you can mouse over each class to see their time played on that class only within the season right?

Here you can see I've played ~34 hours on wizard this season (~18 in SC and ~16 in HC). Despite my rebirthed SC wizard showing ~400 hours.

S17 wizard total: https://i.imgur.com/YohfR36.jpg
SC wizard (rebirthed): https://i.imgur.com/DjhVcS9.jpg
HC wizard (newly created): https://i.imgur.com/oqKI73m.jpg

If you want their total time played for the season, you can just add up their hours across each class.

Not saying the allegations about that guy are true, I didn't bother to look, but the information is there regardless of whether or not they rebirthed.
lol.