Seriously the same cosmetic rewards??

General Discussion
I thought those rewards on PTR were just temporary and I expected the new one for live server...
Same pet, same portrait. Unbelievable.
Though the new wings are great.
One less thing for you worry about.
Players that didn't get them yet like on the switch and console now have the chance, you can still get new wings though if you have these season 5 cosmetics.
i was really hoping for a new pet. The whole point of seasonal items is the reward for participating in it. Whats the point of seasons if they are going to re-cycle old cosmetics rewards . . . utterly lame move, i was really expecting there would be a new pet !!!!!

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
05/10/2019 12:08 PMPosted by Magnarok
I thought those rewards on PTR were just temporary and I expected the new one for live server...
Well given a choice between a new portrait vs those new wings, I gladly accept the latter.

Hey look on the bright side you can make people think you already mastered guardian on the first day! How cool is that?
Ehh... I'm kind of mixed on this. I'm a bit disappointed that it's not a new cosmetic as it's a minor reason to play through the season.

On the other hand, I enjoy starting a clean slate each season and don't require a reason to play season. Hell, I'm not even sure I'll go through this season anyways.

Still, a new cosmetic would have been nice. not necessary, but nice.
At this point, the only way they could ever surprise me regarding cosmetic rewards via season, is if they add something besides the conqueror's set. That set has been there since the beginning.
'Forum Edit' in this post kinda looks like Blizz has the forum on high alert 'cause the S17 post may freak the masses
Everything was so nice and then you re-use the pet... Couldnt even edit it a little? Even the same portrait frames? Are you out of the ones the art team made when you had one 4 years ago?....
05/10/2019 03:10 PMPosted by Bubba
Everything was so nice and then you re-use the pet... Couldnt even edit it a little? Even the same portrait frames? Are you out of the ones the art team made when you had one 4 years ago?....

The one intern (that is the entire art team) was busy making the new icon for the new Bottomless Potion for Season 17. When the intern comes back in 3-4 years he might be ready to jump into 3D model editing (the pet) to change a color or two.
Recycling a previous seasonal pet is a complete fail on Blizzard's part.

What next...the ROS pre-order wings for a season 18 reward?
I still think they need to get rid of that conquer set transmog. We have had that same set going on 17 seasons now. Kinda ridiculous IMO.
With all the pets, player portraits, wings, and pennants that already exists and are sold in China, they should always have something new for us. Just port them over... Reusing old rewards is a head scratcher for me.
Wow, so not only are they reusing the older rewards but the only cool reward is gated behind finishing the whole damn season "story"? Get bent Blizzard. I guess I don't need to play season 17 at all then. Thanks for that, frees up some time.

Now, I'm all for new players (or season newbies) getting access to older cosmetics. But you know, we have a goblin or two that could drop those instead. So the only reason for reusing the rewards is that they were too lazy to add new assets. Fine.

And they have surely heard by now, the players don't want to deal with seasons or struggle with unnecessarily cumbersome challenges to get the much requested stash. And those are easier to get than the cosmetic wings.

So, yeah, thanks Blizzard for the slap in the face. There's no reason for me to play Season 17. Good job, well done.
05/10/2019 07:00 PMPosted by Talzar13
And they have surely heard by now, the players don't want to deal with seasons or struggle with unnecessarily cumbersome challenges to get the much requested stash. And those are easier to get than the cosmetic wings.

As a seasonal player, you don't speak for me. Playing the season to earn more stash tabs seems perfectly reasonable to me.
I'm actually very happy because I play on console and this is really the only pet I actually care about for my WD.

Less complaining over pointless things would clean up this forum a lot.
People seem to forget that there is still something new to get - the Galactic Wings.

I think it's a wise move to let those newer players that never gotten the chance to collect these cosmetics, while also adding newer ones.

Getting to Guardian these days isn't hard considering they haven't quite revised the requirements, so everyone wins in this situation.

Also, don't get me wrong - I only play Seasons due to cosmetics and I don't see much other incentives for a veteran such as myself, so older cosmetics making a return is fine with me so long as there's still something new to look forward to.
05/10/2019 01:40 PMPosted by Drakiock
Well given a choice between a new portrait vs those new wings, I gladly accept the latter.

Hey look on the bright side you can make people think you already mastered guardian on the first day! How cool is that?

LOL @ the latter part of the post as most who have the S5 Guardian frame just exactly plan to do so... but I was hoping they would reintroduce S4 Guardian frame if any since most of us missed out on that one due to GR60 Solo being hardest objective ever in the expansion's post-release history era/period.

Hey Blizzard open a Diablo Transmog Drawing Event for public/players.

You will get a lot of nice drawing transmogs. So pick all the best. If you get nice drawings so you could do other drawing events for wing / pet / flag / weapon / portrait.
They still give you something new.

This game is in maintenance mode so be glad they have some new stuff to give out.

I rather they tinker with items instead of work on new cosmetics. I missed a few seasons so this will give me a chance to snag a few missing pets.