Drops in Torment XIV, XV, XVI

General Discussion
Has anyone noticed how the drops in the Torment XIV, XV, XVI are very slim pickings compared to XIII. I can easily run through the last 3 torments and not much falling including whites, blues, and yellows. Than run through XIII and it looks like a rainbow on the ground. I ran a test and did 10 games of each XIII, XIV, XV, and XVI, all in all more drops come from torment XIII than the others.

Just wondering if anyone else had noticed. Oh please do not play the RNG is RNG card. That is like playing the joker card ROFL.
I noticed that not much is dropping on normal difficulty! :/
But I already knew that! :P
05/19/2019 09:42 PMPosted by Foxfire
Has anyone noticed how the drops in the Torment XIV, XV, XVI are very slim pickings compared to XIII. I can easily run through the last 3 torments and not much falling including whites, blues, and yellows. Than run through XIII and it looks like a rainbow on the ground. I ran a test and did 10 games of each XIII, XIV, XV, and XVI, all in all more drops come from torment XIII than the others.

Just wondering if anyone else had noticed. Oh please do not play the RNG is RNG card. That is like playing the joker card ROFL.

If you kill faster or kill more monsters then that will produce better drops.

In higher Torments not all monsters may die, especially if you play elite hunter builds, which means less chance for drops. I would try again with a multishop DH that can clear entire screens and compare.

If you have enough DPS and can clear the entire screen of monsters then T16 should have more drops.
Foxfire your only para400++ and struggles to even slay elites on T15 efficiently on UE. Just stick to T13 and your be fine. You need 600 paras as UE to handle T14 decently in a solo game with decent rolls on your gear.
05/19/2019 11:26 PMPosted by Pokemon
Foxfire your only para400++ and struggles to even slay elites on T15 efficiently on UE. Just stick to T13 and your be fine. You need 600 paras as UE to handle T14 decently in a solo game with decent rolls on your gear.

LoL i can easily clear XVI with no problem and pretty fast i may add. Not sure what the heck you are talking about. Just because you looked at my gear you want to pass judgement on what you think. That's kool you entitled to your opinion just your opinion is way off. I blew through a GR 78 with 5:28 left, that's 3 lvls higher than XVI. May i suggest you know what you are talking about before things roll out of your mouth.
nope the drop in torment 16 is better, normally in a t13 speed run rift i barely get a few legendaries, now in t16 in a t16speedrun rift i always have half inventory full or more with only legedanries, and the ancient drop seems higher
For me, T16 is definitely better. More death breaths, more legendaries overall.

Since I helped some friends (PL) , dealing damage for 4 players made it difficult, and not so rewarding. For optimisation, I reduced to T14.

Look at what difficulty you are most efficient in terms of farming. If I don't litteraly OS all mobs, I don't call it efficient.
When we suggested to reduce the torment level, it's only for loot/time ratio, not saying you are bad or anything else.

But if you question is just about loot ratio on T16, T16 is better for me than T13.
05/20/2019 12:34 AMPosted by Foxfire
LoL i can easily clear XVI with no problem and pretty fast i may add. Not sure what the heck you are talking about. Just because you looked at my gear you want to pass judgement on what you think. That's kool you entitled to your opinion just your opinion is way off. I blew through a GR 78 with 5:28 left, that's 3 lvls higher than XVI. May i suggest you know what you are talking about before things roll out of your mouth.

If you want to convince anyone that there's indeed a problem, you should use less dismissals like “lol”/“joker card ROFL”/“know what you are talking about” and offer more substance. Right now you give too much of the former and very little of the latter.

You were given a possible problem in your experimental setup: if your build struggles to vaporize offscreen trash mobs on higher Torments, you will get less drops. Instead of conducting a better experiment, where you make sure that trash/elite ratio is the same, you chose to dismiss the concern with “I'm fast, I can clear GR78 in 10 mins!!!”. No, kid, fast Rift is 3 mins, not 10. And GR has significantly less monster health than “equivalent” regular rift, so if you struggle that much with GR78, we automatically know that you are even slower in TXVI. Which means the original concern is valid and you may be leaving a lot of trash that should've been annihilated with one button press if you were playing on an appropriate difficulty level.

And since you don't give us any numbers about how TXVI's drop is worse than TXIII's, we don't even know if it isn't a problem of your perception. I.e., you comparing “not much” and “like a rainbow” not in terms of absolute amount of legendaries, but in terms of leg/hour, which is lower for you in higher Torments since you're pretty slow there.
Yup there is your problem. 75 in 10 minutes is not fast at all.

Try your experiment again when you can do it in under 5 minutes.

You are leaving too many monsters alive off screen.

With gold wrap and boon hoarder and non damage passives? You did 78 with non dps gems? I dont know if your going full dps in T15 and crawling like a snail.
T16 gives you more consistent drops. You need a large sample to even compare then difference. 10 runs isn’t enough.

For me t16 drops a lot more death breaths. Also seem to get a lot more legs. Especially since I like to open chests as I clear.

But as a jade wd. I mainly hunt elites. So the difference between killing almost only elites. And killing almost all white mobs along elites. The progression is different.

White mobs have a smaller chance of dropping legendary gear. While elites have a much higher chance.

So when you look how fast you progress between the two you’ll see the difference of gear drops. Because the number of elites you kill while just hunting elites will be higher then pretty much killing everything on the way

Gear is kinda important... even the most skilled player can't do much with bad gear. If a GR 78 is taking you nearly ten mins, you aren't ready to farm XVI. Get that time below 5mins, closer to 3 ideally, then compare your drops per hr. It is ironic that you're suggesting others should know what they're talking about before speaking, when it seems you are the one that's misinformed...
Every torment gives 20% more legendaries then the torment before. Thus, if going up a torment level results in more than 20% slower clear times, you are actually getting LESS legendaries then before.
Slim? I get pretty much a full inventory of legs per rift and it's as fast as T13 with the massive damage scaling. The most drastic change was my DB influx, though. It's crazy how much faster I can farm the things now.
05/19/2019 10:50 PMPosted by SimpleDave
If you have enough DPS and can clear the entire screen of monsters then T16 should have more drops.

This is the most salient point.

It's not enough to get 'kills' on the most extreme end of your capability. If it takes you 10 mins to take out leets on t16 but you *can* do it, your drop rates are going to be horrible.

It's how FAST you clear HOW MANY that dictate drops.

This is why we have said, well back when t6 or mp10 days and will always say, play at that difficulty where rifts at that difficulty are less than 5 mins. Right around that 5min mark is letting you know if you're bordering off speed and getting into more challenge/push.

Stay on the speed side of things, and the drops flow.
I left my tinfoil hat at home..
05/20/2019 08:50 AMPosted by FrostyFeet

Gear is kinda important... even the most skilled player can't do much with bad gear. If a GR 78 is taking you nearly ten mins, you aren't ready to farm XVI. Get that time below 5mins, closer to 3 ideally, then compare your drops per hr. It is ironic that you're suggesting others should know what they're talking about before speaking, when it seems you are the one that's misinformed...

Precisely this. OP thinks that 10 mins on a Gr78 means he can efficiently 1 shot T15 elites. Even a 1k UE dh wouldnt think its good to pop a T16 rift for keys considering the usage of boon hoarder and tactical advantage does greatly improve movement speed but huge decrease in dps.
+15% drop chance per lvl of torent.
--> in T14 you will drop +15% legendary items than T13
I blew through a GR 78 with 5:28 left, that's 3 lvls higher than XVI. May i suggest you know what you are talking about before things roll out of your mouth.

5:28 and you dare to say you "blew through a GR 78"? Dude, I did that on a GR 100. If you are doing anything below 80 in more than 5 minutes, you are doing something very wrong.