Blizzcon 2019 is sold out

General Discussion
I wonder if they will have anything good to say to the Diablo PC core base this year. I sure hope that it is not another year of "do you guys not have phones." Fool us once shame on you, fool us twice shame on us. No hype train for me this year.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/blizzcon/22965341/blizzcon-2019-passes-second-wave-sold-out
Multiple Diablo projects are still at work.
Blizzcon for D3 is a massive joke.
They will focus on Vanilla Wow, the next content patch for WoW even though they are losing subs left right and centre.
D3 will be Diablo Immortal try out some more classes.
Warcraft 3 remaster release
Maybe some SC2 , overwatch and hots

Nothing fancy

Company is DEAD compared to its Vanilla state
Well then shame on us because we have all been made fools of the last two years at Blizzcon .Just get ready for more D:I IMHO there is basically zero money to be made with the Diablo game model in today's gaming market.
How the old adage go?

"Fool me once, shame, shame, shame. Fool me twice, what the hell man!!!"

Something like that.
05/08/2019 09:38 PMPosted by Evenstar

You pretty much sound like a Blizz PR guy :)

Are the forges still burning hot. Cause if they are our Community manager who is supposed to relay all our feedback is probably just throwing our feedback in these mystery forges so the DEVS and Company heads never actually hear anything genuine
In the last 5 years, we have gotten a Necromancer DLC as their only big pc content for the Diablo Franchise, why would you expect anything big this year? I am more interested in seeing if they haven't learned their lesson and pump out the hype train along with "FORGES ARE BURNING HOT!!!!" and "MULTIPLE PROJECTS!!!!" only to dump a re-skinned Diablo Kart for the Switch as their big Diablo announcement. These guys cannot get out of their own way. They haven't been able to for a few years now.

05/08/2019 09:28 PMPosted by Avalon
No hype train for me this year.

I tried warning you last year Av to temper your expectations a bit. I figured it was going to be bad, thinking we would only get a Druid DLC. Hard to believe they could massively under-deliver on my expectations. Until they announce major PC content, my expectation at any future Blizzcon will be that PC gets a big bag of nothing.

Note for Blizz:

1. Do not start up a D3 hype train unless you have major PC content ready to go.
2. Anything less than D4, D2 remaster, D3 xpac at Blizzcon will be met with
unhappy PC Diablo fans.
3. Having a meeting, going to lunch, and planning vacations are not Multiple
Projects we care about. If you have something substantial on the PC front, let
us know, otherwise, tell us "nothing to see here, move along".
4. You guys rose to the heights you are at because of your PC fan base,
abandoning us for Chinese mobile gold is a bad decision.
5. Communication is still far below acceptable.
6. You can only live off your reputation when you own the market. You do not
anymore, so time to put in some hard work.
7. Realize what you have, you under-delivered on a long awaited sequel, ported
out the game to about every console, dumped a mobile trash game on us at
Blizzcon, while only delivering a game, xpac, and dlc for PC for the franchise in
the last 17 years, and yet many of us are still here waiting for you to get it right
and will dump money your way when you do get it right.
8. Gating QOL items behind game modes many players do not want to play is a
bad idea, especially when your popularity is far below its high point.
05/08/2019 10:01 PMPosted by KABAL

You pretty much sound like a Blizz PR guy :)
See - I meet Blizz standards of customer communication!
05/08/2019 10:27 PMPosted by Alexismad
1. Do not start up a D3 hype train unless you have major PC content ready to go.

05/08/2019 09:28 PMPosted by Avalon
Fool us once shame on you, fool us twice shame on us. No hype train for me this year.

The whole sorry part about this is the fact that right from the start Blizzard told you not to expect much in the Diablo arena. Then all the players got on here and started with the I hope they do this for Diablo threads and got caught up in your own fantasies that you started to believe the stuff you were saying and then got real mad when Blizzard delivered on there don't expect much, with the Diablo:Immortal announcement.
you could expect something like

"we hear you" bla bla bla for one more year.
I posted this right after the disaster of 2018. I was on the hype train, I should be punished, so no ice cream for 12 months.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20769538926#post-1

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to anyone who took offence at any of my sarcastic comments, in my defense of Blizzard and the developers of Diablo. In my zeal to defend the one and only game that I play, I was over the top with some of my comments. For this I am truly sorry, as it now appears that some of you were in fact correct all along. Today's news is just too depressing.

Please forgive,

Former fanboy, now just in shock.

Avalon
Considering Blizzard is bleeding, Activision is a dead-end and only King is making profit. It's not farfetched to assume an attempt to move more IPs over to the mobile platform.

Investors keep punishing Acti-Blizz for their bad rep, so something is bound to change, and Blizzard is main concern since they are loosing money and players fast.

Whether or not they have realized why and found a way to change remains to be seen, but it will probably take them a good while.

So I wouldn't expect much news from BlizzCon, though they have pulled the plug on all outside industry expos to keep their own alive, I imagine that 2019 is a working year for them, focusing on developing something for the coming years.
05/08/2019 10:50 PMPosted by Steve
The whole sorry part about this is the fact that right from the start Blizzard told you not to expect much in the Diablo arena.

Actually, right from the start Blizzard told us through the Nev hype video that "THE FORGES ARE BURNING HOT!!!!!" and "WE HAVE MULTIPLE PROJECTS!!!!" They started the hype train. They got the ball rolling. Several weeks after they saw how excited their content starved fan base was screaming "OMG IT HAS TO BE D4!!!!!!!!!!!!!", they released caution that it wouldn't be what we expected, which for most people was, D4.

They started the hype and suffered the consequences when they horribly under-delivered.

05/08/2019 10:55 PMPosted by Avalon
I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to anyone who took offence at any of my sarcastic comments, in my defense of Blizzard and the developers of Diablo. In my zeal to defend the one and only game that I play, I was over the top with some of my comments. For this I am truly sorry, as it now appears that some of you were in fact correct all along. Today's news is just too depressing.

Please forgive,

Former fanboy, now just in shock.

Avalon

I felt really bad for you and all the others who were drinking the Kulle-aid before Blizzcon. It is a sad day when people lose hope and confidence in who they believe in. Some of us just happened to see it coming sooner than others. Blizz used to have a large, rabid fan base, now they have a much smaller rabid fan base. Their biggest mistake was taking us for granted. Assuming no matter how bad they treated us, we would still be here. Hopefully, they are actually hearing us and will get their collective heads out of their tails, and make games their fan base wants to play.
they released caution that it wouldn't be what we expected,

And yet when they told you not to expect much you still didn't get of your hype train

Actually, right from the start Blizzard told us through the Nev hype video that "THE FORGES ARE BURNING HOT!!!!!" and "WE HAVE MULTIPLE PROJECTS!!!!"

And while that may be true no one said it would be ready by Blizzcon and those forges can still be running hot and multiple projects still be worked on but we don't live in a world where you just snap your fingers and it's done
I read the same bit about multiple projects but did not automatically take it that they would all be done and dusted by Blizzcon and took the approach that it will get here eventually and not to expect anything until it is actually there
I learned my lesson last year, no more hype train for me.

Just expect more Diablo Immortal news...
Damn it, you had one job nerds.

I hope the majority will bring pitchforks & torches at least...
Hard to believe any Diablo fans would even consider going to the con. A complete waste of time and for that matter, money. There’s no discussion point on this, it’s an absolute.
+1 PowerCosmic
Mike
Even if they announce Diablo 4, I'm certain it will not be the game any of us want. For it to be that game, there's a number of obstacles it has to clear first.

* It has to be on the PC/Console, and originate from there. No D4 on phones
* It has to have at least the same depth of previous Diablo games (preferably more than D3)
* It has to have fair monetization. Its a given they'll use !@#$ery here with microtransactions and live service stuff, I just hope it won't be too extreme

If it fails at any one of those, it wont be worth it. Any one of them. Theres other important stuff they need to get right too of course, like itemization, art direction/atmosphere and, yes, stash tabs. But those three above are the deal breakers I think most of us can agree on.

And unfortunately, I dont have any faith in Blizzard to do the right thing for this franchise or its fans. They have a history of %^-*ing us over that I can point to, so why would I?