What will Blizzard do when GR 150 is easy?

General Discussion
This is nothing more than power creep. GR 150, 200, 500 or over 9000!! What does it matter. This game needs an enema!
05/28/2019 07:03 AMPosted by Kirottu
They can't increase the GR cap. There is an actual technical limitation to that. 64-bit numbers are not large enough to display the highest monster health values past GR159.

I would like to see the official Blizzard post on this, could you show me?

05/28/2019 12:06 PMPosted by MaxCarnage
This is nothing more than power creep. GR 150, 200, 500 or over 9000!! What does it matter. This game needs an enema!

Unlocking cap 150 is NOT powercreep, powercree is giving unnecessarily power to a build.
05/28/2019 06:18 AMPosted by Lobsterbash
Or will it forever be about who can clear GR150 the fastest?

I'd opt for this one. People need to realize that there comes a point where someone who has sunk enough time (often years) and energy into a game has basically mastered it and exhausted all it has to offer. This idea of infinite progression for infinite gameplay (or for at least until the person dies in real life) just isn't reasonable.

If people start soloing GR150s without breaking a sweat, maybe it's time for them to start over with new classes/builds or just start playing another video game.
05/28/2019 01:24 PMPosted by ENIAC
Unlocking cap 150 is NOT powercreep, powercree is giving unnecessarily power to a build.

How do you think players have increased their GR levels cleared?

We have had the same sets for years with the same skills on them. The only thing that has allowed us to clear higher and higher GR's, is by blizzard piling on more and more damage to them.

Power creep is the ONLY reason we can clear a GR level of 150. It has nothing to do with new skills or runes being released since none have been. Getting unlimited main stat via Paragon adds more and more and more and more damage.
05/28/2019 02:08 PMPosted by Grumm
05/28/2019 01:24 PMPosted by ENIAC

How do you think players have increased their GR levels cleared?

We have had the same sets for years with the same skills on them. The only thing that has allowed us to clear higher and higher GR's, is by blizzard piling on more and more damage to them.

Power creep is the ONLY reason we can clear a GR level of 150. It has nothing to do with new skills or runes being released since none have been. Getting unlimited main stat via Paragon adds more and more and more and more damage.

What you mean? Are you sure you are replicating the correct post?
Greater Set Dungeons.
05/28/2019 06:55 AMPosted by Lobsterbash
2. Or will it forever be about who can clear GR150 the fastest (not raise cap)?

This
05/28/2019 06:18 AMPosted by Lobsterbash
Just increase the cap and continue with the inflation?

What you expected? System overhaul?
WHAT WILL BLIZZARD DO WHEN GR 150 IS EASY?

They'll make it hard ;)
05/28/2019 07:03 AMPosted by Kirottu
They can't increase the GR cap. There is an actual technical limitation to that. 64-bit numbers are not large enough to display the highest monster health values past GR159.

They don't need to increase monster hp. They can to sync the same HP amount a monster would loose into 1 minute with the matching damage reduce from player status the monster would get. So the limitation is gone. Monster get damage reduce from player and it's gg.

05/28/2019 07:34 PMPosted by nslay
Greater Set Dungeons.

I would love that man. Yeah please. On Greater Set Dungeons add legendary potions evolution reward. Let's evolve some potions.
05/28/2019 07:34 PMPosted by nslay
Greater Set Dungeons.

Please don't say things like this in case this is the only thing they listen to.
05/28/2019 09:39 PMPosted by Meteorblade
Please don't say things like this in case this is the only thing they listen to.

Hear, hear.
05/29/2019 12:55 AMPosted by Cobaltus

Hear, hear.

They don't need to increase monster difficult. After GR 150 they could to increase the GR progress bar. Example:

Gr 151 - Fill 102% gr bar.
GR 152 - Fill 104% gr bar.
GR 153 - Fill 106% gr bar.
GR 154 - Fill 108% gr bar.

Etc. One time this will get impossible to do :D
I would like to see the official Blizzard post on this, could you show me?

There is none because Blizzard has not officially stated it. However anyone with a tiny bit of technical knowhow and math skills can actually verify themselves.

Someone on this forum took health value of the RG on 4 player GR150, calculated the values above the current GR cap (health increases 17% per GR level multiplicatively) and deduced that GR159 is highest level where 64-bit numbers are enough to display the health if the 64-bit number is signed, GR163 if unsigned.

It's simple math which anyone can do.
Holy crap, you guys don't ask for much, do you? It's not like they are making any more money now on the game. I am surprised they still do anything at all to be honest. What is their incentive?
05/29/2019 05:39 AMPosted by Jammur
Holy crap, you guys don't ask for much, do you? It's not like they are making any more money now on the game. I am surprised they still do anything at all to be honest. What is their incentive?

Well their incentive is to keep players on diablo franchise to buy future their future products. If a player get addicted for other game when diablo release one expansion the player will be much engaged with other and will not play. Easy like that.

And more. Now they have D3 on pc, xbox, ps4, nintendo switch. So one great expansion will have all kind of public to sell. Instead they sell and they receive just for one platform they will sell for all kind of public. This is the smart money making business.

DLC you can't ask much on consoles. But one good expansion you can. So time to profit.
05/28/2019 07:44 AMPosted by LordBondo
farming 10k paragon levels is easy now? wtheck is this game

We don't even get main stat anymore after 10k paragon I believe? Not sure if this is true or not but one of the 10K+ players profile does not look like their main stat ever increased each time I checked.
Please don't say things like this in case this is the only thing they listen to
GR over 9000!!!
05/28/2019 07:16 AMPosted by Chetanji

There are High School and College workers that manage the Diablo III servers and such. These guys work for free to be able to put their work experience on their resume's.
Why does that make me feel like a test subject?