What will Blizzard do when GR 150 is easy?

General Discussion
05/29/2019 02:01 AMPosted by PardalBR
They don't need to increase monster difficult. After GR 150 they could to increase the GR progress bar. Example:

Gr 151 - Fill 102% gr bar.
GR 152 - Fill 104% gr bar.
GR 153 - Fill 106% gr bar.
GR 154 - Fill 108% gr bar.

Etc. One time this will get impossible to do :D

impossible to do until the do power creep again.
05/29/2019 08:16 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
05/29/2019 02:01 AMPosted by PardalBR
They don't need to increase monster difficult. After GR 150 they could to increase the GR progress bar. Example:

Gr 151 - Fill 102% gr bar.
GR 152 - Fill 104% gr bar.
GR 153 - Fill 106% gr bar.
GR 154 - Fill 108% gr bar.

Etc. One time this will get impossible to do :D

impossible to do until the do power creep again.

You didn't get it. One time the monsters on map will finish. So the limit will be reach.
I'm not sure if you entirely get it. Players will complain because they can't progress and it feels bad. Blizzard will throw in power creep (say, oh I don't know, give sets a huge damage boost). Suddenly players can progress again as they can kill monsters faster and beat the timer, if only for a short while.

Rinse and repeat. It's been tried and true with the game at least a couple of times already.

Of course, that assumes they'll do anything more with Diablo 3. I think GR 150 will be the cap and be left there. Nothing wrong with that. Then those that compete for ladder positions just have to get the best clear time instead of the highest clear. Basically amounts to the same thing.
05/29/2019 09:38 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
I'm not sure if you entirely get it. Players will complain because they can't progress and it feels bad. Blizzard will throw in power creep (say, oh I don't know, give sets a huge damage boost). Suddenly players can progress again as they can kill monsters faster and beat the timer, if only for a short while.

Rinse and repeat. It's been tried and true with the game at least a couple of times already.

Of course, that assumes they'll do anything more with Diablo 3. I think GR 150 will be the cap and be left there. Nothing wrong with that. Then those that compete for ladder positions just have to get the best clear time instead of the highest clear. Basically amounts to the same thing.

Alternative

So blizzard should come up with the druid with new kind of GR's.

1 - GR's with just elite packes.

2 - GR's raids with ubbers+key warden monster in a small square with high HP. SO it show up one ubber and one keywarden together after killing it you progress to next floor, each floor will be more difficult. And you get good rewards.

3 - GR's from mechanics. It appear a lot of monster + bosses (butcher, malthael, urzael, etc). So you have to follow the mechanics to avoid to die. After cleaning you progress to next floor, each floor will be more difficult, after 10th floor 2 bosses will show up - so you have to follow 2 mechanics. After 20th floor 3 bosses will show up - so you have to follow 3 mechancs. And with new rewards.

4 - GR from guilds. Players will manage and to personalize monsters stats. They will have to distribute monster attack / HP / defense / etc. So when one clan challenge other it's 4vs4 players. That who clean the other GR's guild faster win. GR difficult will be risen according guild save up enough guild points. How to get guild points to evolute GR from guilds difficult set (GR50,70,80,etc) ? I could give 1000 manners, but blizz could be creative here.
05/29/2019 02:29 AMPosted by Kirottu
I would like to see the official Blizzard post on this, could you show me?

There is none because Blizzard has not officially stated it. However anyone with a tiny bit of technical knowhow and math skills can actually verify themselves.

Someone on this forum took health value of the RG on 4 player GR150, calculated the values above the current GR cap (health increases 17% per GR level multiplicatively) and deduced that GR159 is highest level where 64-bit numbers are enough to display the health if the 64-bit number is signed, GR163 if unsigned.

It's simple math which anyone can do.

It's not that simple. They are not game developers, and they do not know what it is or is not possible to do about it.
Do you want a simple solution that IF can be applied will solve the problem?

ADD ARMOR TO MONSTERS.

If you add armor by a factor of 50% or more, the HP numbers can be drastically reduced, so the supposed "64-bit limit" problem will disappear.
05/28/2019 01:37 PMPosted by Cobaltus
05/28/2019 06:18 AMPosted by Lobsterbash
Or will it forever be about who can clear GR150 the fastest?

I'd opt for this one. People need to realize that there comes a point where someone who has sunk enough time (often years) and energy into a game has basically mastered it and exhausted all it has to offer. This idea of infinite progression for infinite gameplay (or for at least until the person dies in real life) just isn't reasonable.

If people start soloing GR150s without breaking a sweat, maybe it's time for them to start over with new classes/builds or just start playing another video game.

Finally a logical post.

However, using logic on a D3 forum? We don't do that here [insert meme].
@OP: There are 3 options:
1) Re-scale/re-tweak all numbers so that the progression through the 150 GR levels is meaningful again
2) Leave it as it is
3) Uncap it

Theoretically speaking, the good design always has an optimal X number of GR levels, which a player has to go through.

To understand why this is so, imagine the GR levels are 300 atm with half of the health/damage mob increase and experience/gem level gained per level. Said otherwise - you go through 300 levels, not 150, but what you gain is the same - only the gameplay experience from this X number of GR levels (150 or 300) changes.

Related to D3 now - I don't expect a number crunch so we are left with option 2) or 3).

2) is parodical and we already have it in the Challenge Rifts, but it requires no interference from them, so it is a real possibility when you have one programmer in the crew.

3) is the better choice than 2) and I expect them to do it someday if they still support the game.
'What will Blizzard do when GR 150 is easy?'

switch sides and start catering for the 90% casual playerbase.
06/02/2019 09:33 AMPosted by Buki
<span class="truncated">...</span>
I'd opt for this one. People need to realize that there comes a point where someone who has sunk enough time (often years) and energy into a game has basically mastered it and exhausted all it has to offer. This idea of infinite progression for infinite gameplay (or for at least until the person dies in real life) just isn't reasonable.

If people start soloing GR150s without breaking a sweat, maybe it's time for them to start over with new classes/builds or just start playing another video game.

Finally a logical post.

However, using logic on a D3 forum? We don't do that here [insert meme].

People like infinite farm, players like the GR cap to be virtually infinite, only where is their logic?

They do not want the game to end, they LIKE the game and want it to continue, so why put a limit?

What you say is not logic is just YOUR OPINION and what YOU PREFER.

06/02/2019 09:56 AMPosted by Skelos
@OP: There are 3 options:
1) Re-scale/re-tweak all numbers so that the progression through the 150 GR levels is meaningful again
2) Leave it as it is
3) Uncap it

Theoretically speaking, the good design always has an optimal X number of GR levels, which a player has to go through.

To understand why this is so, imagine the GR levels are 300 atm with half of the health/damage mob increase and experience/gem level gained per level. Said otherwise - you go through 300 levels, not 150, but what you gain is the same - only the gameplay experience from this X number of GR levels (150 or 300) changes.

Related to D3 now - I don't expect a number crunch so we are left with option 2) or 3).

2) is parodical and we already have it in the Challenge Rifts, but it requires no interference from them, so it is a real possibility when you have one programmer in the crew.

3) is the better choice than 2) and I expect them to do it someday if they still support the game.

If you re-scale the numbers of GR and HP, you will have problems with the multipliers of the sets and legendary items, the work will be much bigger .... So, the best IMO alternative, will be to give the monsters a kind of armor. If we give them 50% damage reduction, HP numbers can be reduced by half.
06/02/2019 09:40 PMPosted by ENIAC
If we give them 50% damage reduction
If you find a formula to make it easier (less coding) for the programmer than uncapping 150, they might hear/listen to you. I doubt such scenario exists however - case 1) is always more work than 3).

What's left is the hope they eventually uncap 150, otherwise we'll have the a la Challenge Rifts parody.