WHY WHY WHY Ingore Barb again?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
04/26/2019 01:39 PMPosted by Sinured
with this patch do you mean for the ptr update or for the whole patch/s17?

To clarify, for 2.6.5.

because for some of us that will depend if we playing s17 at all (and will stop informing us/lose interest...)

I'm sorry that's the case for you. I personally enjoy swapping from class to class and trying new things with each Season, but I get if Barb's your jam and you want to wait for something else in the future.
04/26/2019 01:47 PMPosted by Nevalistis
with this patch do you mean for the ptr update or for the whole patch/s17?

To clarify, for 2.6.5.

because for some of us that will depend if we playing s17 at all (and will stop informing us/lose interest...)

I'm sorry that's the case for you. I personally enjoy swapping from class to class and trying new things with each Season, but I get if Barb's your jam and you want to wait for something else in the future.

Thanks for the reply. But very sad to know that. You guys can change the Inarius set multipliers and chantodo IN NO TIME, but even have no time to try any Barb suggestions we posted.

There is always a long, integrated and detailed suggestion post in last 2/3 PTR patch discussion. 2.6.1, 2.6.4 If the patch is about the set multipliers, we help calculations, if the patch is about revamp legendary items, we provide ideas. Barb players really like their class, but they have always been told Barb will be improved in future.

if Barb is really in queue, we should see something in this 2.6.5 PTR.

Actually even for this patch, we still have posts in PTR discussion like:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771596961
Can we get some more witch doctor buffs since D3 is the last time the class will be playable since it is getting removed in Diablo Immortal.
AWESOME to hear there are still some plans for DIABLO 3 <3

E. Downvote as much as you like but I'm seriously happy they are still working with the game after 7 years.
04/26/2019 01:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
To put it simply - we just couldn't get to Barb for this patch. We know there's areas to improve for Barb, and we want to do that right. We've got a working list of some of the more popular/most desired builds or changes you guys want to see and we're taking a look at options for the future.

No ETA on that, but we are looking at it. :)

So in other words, for the Season of Nightmares, players that like barb are declined the option to do so because you decided to rush a seasonal theme that the game wasn't ready for? When will barb players get the chance to play the Season of Nightmares then?

This is very poor planning that hurts a huge part of the playerbase enjoying the game. You guys had plenty of time to consider what moderations to game would be sufficient to provide a fair season, or you ought to have let players know earlier to come with their inputs on what changes are needed.

This is exactly why players are getting fed up with your secrecy. If you cannot figure out what to change or how, there's an entire community full of ideas.
04/26/2019 01:55 PMPosted by StoneHeart
ou guys can change the Inarius set multipliers and chantodo IN NO TIME

Bit of a stretch there dude. They extended S16 to May back in January. They could have been working on that for the last 5 months.
04/26/2019 01:59 PMPosted by Prology
04/26/2019 01:55 PMPosted by StoneHeart
ou guys can change the Inarius set multipliers and chantodo IN NO TIME

Bit of a stretch there dude. They extended S16 to May back in January. They could have been working on that for the last 5 months.
Imagine going to work 5 days a week for 5 months and then announcing to your boss "Inarius 6p set changed from ~4000% to ~10,000%"

and that's it.
Wait wait wait - three blue posts in one topic in one day? Posts that aren't “The PTR is down” or “The PTR is back up”?

I’m pretty sure that’s the most substantive posts (excluding forum guideline and technical posts) from a Blue in YEARS. Like, actual calendar years.

All half-joking aside, thank you very, very much for the posts - it’s great to hear that you’re still working on making D3 better. As long as said work doesn’t take away from your “unannounced projects”, I’m all for it.

Also Nev, I hate to do it, but I’d remiss if I didn’t point out to you the irony of this year’s phone requirement to get into Blizzcon. I’m sure you can make the Diablo connection on your own.
We've got a working list of some of the more popular/most desired builds or changes you guys want to see and we're taking a look at options for the future.

It's taking TOO LONG. Can you please hurry and just create a cosmetic shop and start hiring more people to help you out with the income you get from it? Wings, pets, transmog, banners, sigil, stash tabs, anything that just changes looks in game not stats.
OMG wait wait let me get my popcorn wait. Ok go...
"Bet it's just DMG numbers that will be changed lulz." - GGG

"Do you not have nets exile!"

Now that's the kind of honest answers I like hearing!
#RaisedRespect.jpg
04/26/2019 01:46 PMPosted by Prology
Please, I'm asking for intelligent replies. What did I post that was wrong:

You get downvotes from obsessed players who doesn't accept logical explanations or real excuses; why you get stuck on that part?
I get that we can not have a strong WW build because that would be used wide-spread among player base and cause a burden on servers. Yet I went that extra step and requested a strong Frenzy build and get downvoted. Pheh.
04/26/2019 01:58 PMPosted by KiWeN
To put it simply - we just couldn't get to Barb for this patch. We know there's areas to improve for Barb, and we want to do that right. We've got a working list of some of the more popular/most desired builds or changes you guys want to see and we're taking a look at options for the future.

So in other words, for the Season of Nightmares, players that like barb are declined the option to do so because you decided to rush a seasonal theme that the game wasn't ready for? When will barb players get the chance to play the Season of Nightmares then?

This is very poor planning that hurts a huge part of the playerbase enjoying the game. You guys had plenty of time to consider what moderations to game would be sufficient to provide a fair season, or you ought to have let players know earlier to come with their inputs on what changes are needed.

This is exactly why players are getting fed up with your secrecy. If you cannot figure out what to change or how, there's an entire community full of ideas.

Stings a bit, don't it?
Neva, I really hope you guys have access and are willing to dig into previous PTR forums data. Our community have done a lot of work in terms of providing feedback on areas where we all feel barb needs some work. Along couple of other long-time players I always had some class focused feedback thread out there that was a collective result of forum discussions and we always tried to outline our issues as a class.

I will not lie, I am not playing D3 anymore, but I will be back a second you guys will do something with barbs, and perhaps there would be a forum I could chip in as usual. It is not me alone, there is a lot of us that are still a community, united under Barb flag, even if currently playing other games.
04/26/2019 03:30 PMPosted by S4v4G3
Neva, I really hope you guys have access and are willing to dig into previous PTR forums data.

I have a system for archiving previous PTR forum posts for exactly this reason. :) PTR testing from the past is never truly lost, even if it's not all forward facing.

You can't blame them, especially if their main class (barb in this case) haven't received proper tuning or adjustments for quite some time.
I hope that 300th, Oathkeeper, And Skular's are on the radar. And maybe making Blackthorn's a Bleed set.

04/26/2019 03:34 PMPosted by Nevalistis
I have a system for archiving previous PTR forum posts for exactly this reason. :) PTR testing from the past is never truly lost, even if it's not all forward facing.
Thanks for the response nevalistis information and news is always good. Maybe a follow up on your pinned post about the SP wiz. A lot of people been wondering about the plans for that one. Thanks again.
Barbs need love too - have we not learned anything from Tormund?