WHY WHY WHY Ingore Barb again?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
Well barb is still one of my favorite class to play even if all I do is gather trash and pack it in nice and tight for the dps.

Really it feels more like playing a handyman/trash collector rather than a warrior.

Oh yeah you can batter your head against the wall like an idiot if you want. It really is one of the mysteries of D3 how an iconic character turned into such a mess.
04/26/2019 01:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
To put it simply - we just couldn't get to Barb for this patch. We know there's areas to improve for Barb, and we want to do that right. We've got a working list of some of the more popular/most desired builds or changes you guys want to see and we're taking a look at options for the future.

No ETA on that, but we are looking at it. :)

Greetings Nevalistist

please help us understand why barbarian has been on the very bottom of dps list for five years yet it obviously is not your priority to fix that ?

last time barbarian was capable of dpsing in group it was when shard of hate and thunderfury were best in slot weapons and ppl were finding 1 random legendarie per hour on average. do you remember when it was the case? some 5 - 6 years ago

the barb along with monk are the ONLY classes in the whole entire game that are missing dps builds.

barbarian has been frozen in time for more than five years. we need to act now and continue working on it in next PTR. you have so much room to buff our off builds without even risk of barb becoming OP. thats how bad it is

our only build suitable for LON is thorns frenzy. nothing is more simpler than take our passive "tough as neils" and buff it 500% thorns just for now.

prolong the PTR and do the right thing ,please
Nev, quick fix for Barbs... remove cap on Bracers of Destruction or raise it to 30 if it needs a number.

It's quick, easy and not game breaking but will help.

Next season you can then go to town on Barbs if there was no time this season for things like Morticks, number buffs etc
04/26/2019 03:34 PMPosted by Nevalistis
04/26/2019 03:30 PMPosted by S4v4G3
Neva, I really hope you guys have access and are willing to dig into previous PTR forums data.

I have a system for archiving previous PTR forum posts for exactly this reason. :) PTR testing from the past is never truly lost, even if it's not all forward facing.

Looks like said "system" needs some work as well
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771416986#post-1

Please take it into very important consideration.

WD community requested it for 3 years straight, with 0 answers written in blue at all.
Any stance? :)

Any infos for now?

Would be great to hand it over to the devs. Ask them if its okay that Wizzards destroy 150 and some specs can't even do 100.

Thanks in advance
To put it simply - we just couldn't get to Barb for this patch.

To put it simply - you haven't gotten to Barb for 5+ years.
It's not just patch 2.6.5 / upcoming season that's ignoring Barb.
To put it simply - we just couldn't get to Barb for this patch. We know there's areas to improve for Barb, and we want to do that right. We've got a working list of some of the more popular/most desired builds or changes you guys want to see and we're taking a look at options for the future.

Let me translate this for you all:

"If we did everything all at once, you wouldn't keep logging in to play as much."
04/26/2019 03:30 PMPosted by S4v4G3
Neva, I really hope you guys have access and are willing to dig into previous PTR forums data.

I have a system for archiving previous PTR forum posts for exactly this reason. :) PTR testing from the past is never truly lost, even if it's not all forward facing.

I wonder if you achieved all the good and high upvoted WD threads we made for years in thr ptr forum or just trashed it - because nothing has changed and WD is still trashy and clunky to play xD

(except Jade ofc)

(same for barbs, yeah)

Quick way to bring Barb to relevance again in S17 for non zdps role.

Bring back Mortick's Bracer.

At least it's on your to do list....rly appreciate it.

No matter if next season or in 2 seasons there will be some balance changes for Barb and other weak builds/classes (I hope so).

The most important thing is that you support the game after dry phase few seasons ago.

Cant wait for all those changes and maybe some of them will impact the 4 player meta? ;)

PS: The problem with Barb is that all his builds are great trash killer but think not 1 of his builds is good in killing RG (its rly not that great experiance to fight RG as Barb)

Suggestion: Make a good "Rend" build for Barb possible...like many other classes a good Hybrid, means good at trash clear and good at RG fight (but not IMBA in one of them)
Blue posts are coming out again? Sorry, not really hype for BlizzCon this year.

For very obvious reasons.
04/26/2019 11:42 PMPosted by Melancholy

I wonder if you achieved all the good and high upvoted WD threads we made for years in thr ptr forum or just trashed it - because nothing has changed and WD is still trashy and clunky to play xD

(except Jade ofc)

(same for barbs, yeah)

Yes. What they do is mark the former PTR forum as "read only" then make it not visible to the public. It stays exactly where it always was though so the Devs and team can review anything posted there.

There are several forums that are hidden if you don't have the right permissions :)
Sorry, but Barb's aren't in the current four player Meta and Vile Charge Barb had it's moment in the sun and their time has passed.
I predict Eyes of the Earth will be pushed up to 35000% damage next time.

MAYBE 40,000.

There's exactly 1 popular barbarian LoN build. How hard is it bring some of those items a little bit up like hack and oathkeeper?. I guess blizzard just gave up on thorns based builds.
04/27/2019 09:15 AMPosted by Pariahmonkey
Sorry, but Barb's aren't in the current four player Meta and Vile Charge Barb had it's moment in the sun and their time has passed.

hello mr zero clue. 90% of ppl are not playing meta. and only seasonal players were able to dps in meta anyway. go advocate for more buffs for sorceress or whatever OP class you are playing
04/27/2019 03:02 PMPosted by Keel

hello mr zero clue. 90% of ppl are not playing meta. and only seasonal players were able to dps in meta anyway. go advocate for more buffs for sorceress or whatever OP class you are playing

And the 90% of ppl who aren't playing meta saw their main classes getting zero buffs and LoN is a pointless season for them as their highest viable build might be able to break high 80s or low 90s.

Barb has/is ALWAYS been in the 3/4 player Meta...
04/27/2019 03:44 PMPosted by LaurensI

Barb has/is ALWAYS been in the 3/4 player Meta...

Barb is only in the meta right now because the chargebuild profites more from the rorg buff this season than any other build and will be gone next patch and before that barb was always supporter in meta NEVER dps (outside 2-3 weeks hota in s4 like 4 years ago)!
04/26/2019 02:11 PMPosted by Soifon
Imagine going to work 5 days a week for 5 months and then announcing to your boss "Inarius 6p set changed from ~4000% to ~10,000%"

and that's it.

:DDDDD Fail, worst employee ever, I would get fired. But maybe for blizz it is ok.

Actually, it might not be funny because I have strong suspicion that this is approximately what's gonna happen. This is their typical way of "fixing" stuff :( Just raise the numbers and all is cool.