WHY WHY WHY Ingore Barb again?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
04/26/2019 09:38 PMPosted by Meteorblade
04/26/2019 01:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
To put it simply - we just couldn't get to Barb for this patch.

To put it simply - you haven't gotten to Barb for 5+ years.
It's not just patch 2.6.5 / upcoming season that's ignoring Barb.

Nice one :)
Do people still think D3 has an actual dev team?
Simply put Blizzard has concentrated on adding unwanted features and making unasked for changes so long you've bungled the game beyond all hope of repair.
04/28/2019 02:33 AMPosted by Animule

One dev working on the next Diablo project probably works part-time to adjust the numbers a little. One intern gathers the data and 'reads the feedback'.

Oh, and I guess they need someone to do the new season stuff... a few people do that in a day, thrice a month. Probably also loaned from elsewhere.
04/27/2019 03:44 PMPosted by LaurensI
Barb has/is ALWAYS been in the 3/4 player Meta...

No, it hasn't. Check out Seasons 1, 2 and 3...
https://d3resource.com/seasons/index.php
After 10 edits, I realize I have nothing nice to say, but it all highlights the gigantic !@#$ups this company has done... Not even a public apology just arrogance and ignorance culminating into this despicable money grab.

Heck, 5 years ago, we would have paid 10$ solely for the stash tabs. Now, we thought you were trying to win us back in a, to be quite frank, rather sad patch... but now you simply have done it again: 5 tabs over the next 2 years? Not only that, but, the people that most wanted them will not get it unless they waste time leveling characters they will subsequently want to delete as soon as they get the "reward" after doing the same effing boring LAME missions that makes us all wanna gauge our eyes out.

I would actually puke in a bag and come to blizzcon to hand it over a dev stating clearly: I made this for you for how creative I felt after seeing how you guys care about us.

See.. I have nothing nice to say and this is about 1/15th of what I initially wrote and edited 50 times. I just can't seem to wrap my head around how illogical a company can be. Hire one of your players to help you out. Don't take advice. Carefully take notes and drop everything else you were doing because you have effed up beyond repair.

WOooooooooooow Later.
04/26/2019 01:20 PMPosted by Nevalistis
04/26/2019 01:12 PMPosted by Crayon
i bet you are going to post a whole lot more now blizzcon has been announced. going to hype it up again?

I'm posting because I have the time to and I do want to make an effort to be more present. It's been a difficult balancing act the past couple of months.

I'm also always excited for BlizzCon. It's the time of year I get to talk to you folks face to face, see a lot of my community friends, and celebrate what I'm passionate about with fans. It's a lot of work, but always worth it.

04/26/2019 01:17 PMPosted by Soifon
Yeah? where from? It can't be from the official diablo 3 forums or reddit or diablofans or twitter since everyone is a meta slave.

A variety of places! Streams, in-game chat, playing with other fans/my friends, reading forums, reddit, and social media... And sometimes just brainstorming internally.

It's an amalgam of everywhere we can get our hands on. It's why most of my time is spent listening rather than posting.
i'm hoping someone else has already mentioned it but if not, i'll do so

perhaps you could post in a certain topic with 5000+ replies since you want to be more present
04/28/2019 08:07 AMPosted by Crayon
perhaps you could post in a certain topic with 5000+ replies since you want to be more present

What do you want her to say? The truth -that the thread is there to provide a statement that was approved by legal and PR? Nev has no say at all in anything to do with the horrible decisions that were last Blizzcon. If she was honest and pointed out who is responsible and pointed out that she is not allowed to talk freely about it, she would get fired.

BLIZZARD owes us a real follow up, not Nev personally. If I know her at all, she has told them that at least weekly since Blizzcon.

I was very pleased to see the back and forth last week in this thread and a few others. Encourage that, because that IS something she can do because it is related to D3 specific small things. Don't shoot the messenger.

Yes and no. I don't think Team 3 is working on Diablo 3 anymore, I think they are working on whatever the next Diablo game is. I think that the Classic Games team now has Diablo 3, which is why we have seen some of the mistakes we have - they are repeating mistakes that Team 3 knew better than to do again. New teams have that issue sometimes. DIE is being handled by the Incubation Team from what we were told. A small agile team that takes on risky projects that are a bit different than normal.

So, with D3 likely being handled by the Classic team, we have new eyes on it. Eyes that seem to be trying to give us a few things players have been asking for. This patch actually has quite a bit that we requested, despite the stash mess. Barbs are not forgotten. It just wont be this patch.
04/28/2019 08:07 AMPosted by Crayon

I'm posting because I have the time to and I do want to make an effort to be more present. It's been a difficult balancing act the past couple of months.

I'm also always excited for BlizzCon. It's the time of year I get to talk to you folks face to face, see a lot of my community friends, and celebrate what I'm passionate about with fans. It's a lot of work, but always worth it.

A variety of places! Streams, in-game chat, playing with other fans/my friends, reading forums, reddit, and social media... And sometimes just brainstorming internally.

It's an amalgam of everywhere we can get our hands on. It's why most of my time is spent listening rather than posting.
i'm hoping someone else has already mentioned it but if not, i'll do so

She said she wanted to be present, not stupid.
I was very pleased to see the back and forth last week in this thread and a few others.

She stated that the technical reason behind not giving us stash tabs is that too many stash / equipment actors causes game instability for the player with the tabs and any other player that joins their game. If that was actually the case then why are they quibbling about the method in which we acquire them? They shouldn't be making them available at all if they'll cause the game to crash.

Also, what about the Necromancer DLC? You know, the DLC that gives you an extra two stash tabs. Does purchasing stash tabs for cash remove the client-side memory limitations, i.e. only tabs bought with gold use memory?

Sorry, but her blue posts were PR spin attempting damage limitation, yet again, and eminently transparent as such.
04/28/2019 12:57 PMPosted by Meteorblade
I was very pleased to see the back and forth last week in this thread and a few others.

She stated that the technical reason behind not giving us stash tabs is that too many stash / equipment actors causes game instability for the player with the tabs and any other player that joins their game. If that was actually the case then why are they quibbling about the method in which we acquire them? They shouldn't be making them available at all if they'll cause the game to crash.

Also, what about the Necromancer DLC? You know, the DLC that gives you an extra two stash tabs. Does purchasing stash tabs for cash remove the client-side memory limitations, i.e. only tabs bought with gold use memory?

Sorry, but her blue posts were PR spin attempting damage limitation, yet again, and eminently transparent as such.

You are angry about Stash. I am angry about Stash. As we should be. However, do not let that take away from the good interactions that do exist. Things are not black and white and Barbs deserved to have some interaction about their class.
Speaking of interaction, I puzzled about no one seems to want a buff to Weapon Throw. Everyone to continue to buff the same old Skill ls like WW, HOTA, EQ ... etc

WHY, WHY, WHY?

We already identified the presence of college interns working on the patches.

They work for pizza and coke which is far cheaper than the pizza and beer they pay their sole professional developer on D3.

They also got rid of all the CMs so there is only one now. I think they pay her with free tickets to Blizzcon.
04/28/2019 05:23 AMPosted by Jozriel
unless they waste time leveling characters they will subsequently want to delete as soon as they get the "reward" after doing the same effing boring LAME missions that makes us all wanna gauge our eyes out.

Good news, there's this feature called 'rebirth' which means you don't need to go through that 'create and delete' cycle.

As for the 'same effing boring LAME missions'...seriously? 95% plus of seasonal play is bounties, rifts and GR's. You know, the exact same stuff you do on your non-seasonal characters. Doing bounties, rifts and GR's on non-seasonal is somehow super exciting, but as soon as you do it in seasonal mode you want to 'gauge your eyes out'? Most of the other tasks in seasonal are also the exact same stuff you do in non-seasonal - kill the keywardens, kill the ubers, craft an HF amulet. What's the difference? And set dungeons? Pfffft. Watch a video, join the seasonal community. I'm a scrub, but it's never taken me more than 3 tries to get mastery with someone running clean-up.

And why would anyone want to keep doing the 'same effing boring' stuff over and over in non-seasons with only paragon for reward, when for doing the exact same stuff you get paragon and a stash tab? And cosmetics if you want. And you only have to do seasons for as long as it takes to get those rewards, and boom, back to NS with a shiny new stash tab. Beats me why anyone would want to grind on another 30 hours on NS on top of the thousands (and thousands) of hours they already have, when for the same 30 hours you can try something a little different but very similar, and get stash space. What's in that 30 hours of non-seasonal play that's worth more than a than a tab?
To put it simply - we just couldn't get to Barb for this patch. We know there's areas to improve for Barb, and we want to do that right. We've got a working list of some of the more popular/most desired builds or changes you guys want to see and we're taking a look at options for the future.

No ETA on that, but we are looking at it. :)

You people have had years to do stuff and yet ignore the community

To put it simply - we just couldn't get to Barb for this patch. We know there's areas to improve for Barb, and we want to do that right. We've got a working list of some of the more popular/most desired builds or changes you guys want to see and we're taking a look at options for the future.

No ETA on that, but we are looking at it. :)
i bet you are going to post a whole lot more now blizzcon has been announced. going to hype it up again?

So we can all be let down again? lol
04/28/2019 01:25 PMPosted by MissCheetah
You are angry about Stash. I am angry about Stash.

Nobody is buying what you are selling either, sorry.

04/26/2019 01:17 PMPosted by Soifon
Yeah? where from? It can't be from the official diablo 3 forums or reddit or diablofans or twitter since everyone is a meta slave.

Be prepared to be the centre of blame if we dont get content for D3 and a D4 announcement. Being Boo at last Blizzcon while not being primarily your fault. The majority of the community feel that we are completely ignored by you our CM and the Devs just pretty much do whatever they feel like especially when it comes to investors ( Cough Chinese Market Mobile Games ).
Take a stand and actually show you care about D3 / D4.
Then the players might start to behave and show promise and not be a bunch of doubting thomas.
Your track record Nev isnt great when it comes to feedback.
However these are just my personal feelings from what i have view over the past years.
04/26/2019 02:25 PMPosted by Tee
"Bet it's just DMG numbers that will be changed lulz." - GGG

"Do you not have nets exile!"

They will revert overpower skill back to its old version.

They will buff overpower belt through the roof.

Call it GG lol.
if they want to buff overpower with that stupid belt alone they need to buff it to something like 50000% ...stacking 10 times^^

they really should rework the base skills before the needed items get too retarded
04/28/2019 01:25 PMPosted by MissCheetah
You are angry about Stash. I am angry about Stash. As we should be. However, do not let that take away from the good interactions that do exist. Things are not black and white and Barbs deserved to have some interaction about their class.

I'm also a Barb main, which is why I'm angry that Barbs are the only class that received zero attention on the PTR and remain with crappy LoN builds as a result. All they would have needed to do to make Frenzy/Thorns more competitive would have been to increase the bonuses from Oathkeeper / Hack and the Tough As Nails passive.

On the PTR, I ran a LoN Frenzy/Thorns Barb and capped out at GR89, with a Barb that had around 420K Thorns. I think I was only missing Thorns affixes on a ring and one other item, so I'd probably max at 440K Thorns. Sure, in a full season there'd be a lot more Caldessan's Despair applied, but I still don't think that would see me get a lot further than that. Quite simply, it's nowhere near competitive compared to other class's LoN builds.

Nev's response effectively tells Barb players to just suck up S17 as LoN is effectively useless for them. Blizzard haven't been bothered about making Barbs great again for years, not just the upcoming season.

I don't count Nev's interactions to have been good. Nobody believes her "technical limitations" PR spin for the Stash tabs fiasco and her response about Barbs being completely ignored is just insulting.

If all she's going to post are insults and excuses, I'd rather she didn't post at all.