WHY WHY WHY Ingore Barb again?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
04/29/2019 03:36 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Nev's response effectively tells Barb players to just suck up S17 as LoN is effectively useless for them.

That's pretty much what I got from her response as well, which pretty much bites and that's coming from someone whose highest level barbarian is a level 10.
04/28/2019 01:25 PMPosted by MissCheetah
You are angry about Stash. I am angry about Stash. As we should be. However, do not let that take away from the good interactions that do exist. Things are not black and white and Barbs deserved to have some interaction about their class.

I'm also a Barb main, which is why I'm angry that Barbs are the only class that received zero attention on the PTR and remain with crappy LoN builds as a result. All they would have needed to do to make Frenzy/Thorns more competitive would have been to increase the bonuses from Oathkeeper / Hack and the Tough As Nails passive.

On the PTR, I ran a LoN Frenzy/Thorns Barb and capped out at GR89, with a Barb that had around 420K Thorns. I think I was only missing Thorns affixes on a ring and one other item, so I'd probably max at 440K Thorns. Sure, in a full season there'd be a lot more Caldessan's Despair applied, but I still don't think that would see me get a lot further than that. Quite simply, it's nowhere near competitive compared to other class's LoN builds.

Nev's response effectively tells Barb players to just suck up S17 as LoN is effectively useless for them. Blizzard haven't been bothered about making Barbs great again for years, not just the upcoming season.

I don't count Nev's interactions to have been good. Nobody believes her "technical limitations" PR spin for the Stash tabs fiasco and her response about Barbs being completely ignored is just insulting.

If all she's going to post are insults and excuses, I'd rather she didn't post at all.

You check out my IK Thorns build (GR95). I've only done 6 GR runs using Thorns and have never played it before. With this setup you the option of Aquila's or Heart of Iron for Cubing.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20770997276
04/28/2019 12:57 PMPosted by Meteorblade
She stated that the technical reason behind not giving us stash tabs is that too many stash / equipment actors causes game instability for the player with the tabs and any other player that joins their game. If that was actually the case then why are they quibbling about the method in which we acquire them? They shouldn't be making them available at all if they'll cause the game to crash.

Also, what about the Necromancer DLC? You know, the DLC that gives you an extra two stash tabs. Does purchasing stash tabs for cash remove the client-side memory limitations, i.e. only tabs bought with gold use memory?

Sorry, but her blue posts were PR spin attempting damage limitation, yet again, and eminently transparent as such.

You are angry about Stash. I am angry about Stash. As we should be. However, do not let that take away from the good interactions that do exist. Things are not black and white and Barbs deserved to have some interaction about their class.

No good interaction exists. Blizzard has broken it's compact with the player base and so has Nevalistis. If she didn't immediately refuse to foist this nonsense on us to maintain her credibility she's useless to us. Nothing she says can be seen as anything but a one way of repeating an obviously false company line. There is no trust. She does not represent our interests.
04/29/2019 07:26 AMPosted by DieHarder
You check out my IK Thorns build (GR95).

So, your response to Barbs not really having a good LoN build is to suggest a set-based build? o.O

Also, if I was going to play IK, I'd use HotA.
I am bored with these asking for patches and new content to d3. And I totally understand Blizzard that they do not give you what you want. Why? Because you cannot get infinite content for 40$ game that has no subscription, no microtransactions and which has 7 years. Nothing last forever. If you get bored with a game after spending 500 or 1k hours on it, change a game or start o real life.

Developers are people like we are, and get bored with their projects as well. Dont expect developers to give you what you want in diablo3 for 10 or 20 years. Servers costs, development costs (money as well as motivation and passion).

I am suprised by the fact that on this forum everyone think that their demands are justfied. Maybe they are justfied if you are considered as "barb players", and it is true that barbs should get same attention as other classes, but these postulates are not justfied if you are considered as players in general . It seems like most of you are very childish in a sense that you don't think about others people (at least, not in a charitable way), but only about yours onw plesure and desires. For me it is fundamentally true that nothing last forever, and if I stop enjoy a game I stop playing it, instead of asking for change and attacking developers for my tiredness and lack of in game joy . The problem with asking for change is that it just never stops. The best example of that is a development of League of Legends.

I totally agree that they don't want to spend too much resources on d3, since it is a waste of time, motivation, talents and money for them. They just want to somehow survive until premiere of d4. And they will survive. And d4 will sell very well. You can say what you want, but it will be the case. (Here I am very controversial, I know).
04/29/2019 09:56 AMPosted by Karolek
it is true that barbs should get same attention as other classes

Quoted the important part of your post for you.

Hmm...
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Karolek-2257/career
Only 9% of your play-time was as a Barb. Perhaps you'd be more sympathetic if it was one of the classes that you play a lot of that had been ignored for years.
[quite]you cannot get infinite content for 40$ game[/quote]

You have free games with more hours to spend and things to do, for free, and they keep providing new content just by listen community and having a good feedback.

This game and company deserver what they got these years.
04/29/2019 08:18 AMPosted by Meteorblade
04/29/2019 07:26 AMPosted by DieHarder
You check out my IK Thorns build (GR95).

So, your response to Barbs not really having a good LoN build is to suggest a set-based build? o.O

Also, if I was going to play IK, I'd use HotA.

Nope, but what I am saying is that if you looking for an equal if not better Thorns experience, then you might want to consider IK Thorns. It's also much easier to gear for.

:)
There is all other d3 classes. Then there is the dev meets on off topic. Then there is lunch time. Then there is the pizza from the oven ready. Then there is a lot more off topic stuff. And at the bottom of the priority list is a smudged barbarian balancing list. Hard to see and do if you can’t tell what it is. That is the story of barb. And it has been forever. Least important class to balance. Since hey barb can pull mobs in and give IP. Good enough some say.
04/29/2019 10:17 AMPosted by DieHarder
Nope, but what I am saying is that if you looking for an equal if not better Thorns experience, then you might want to consider IK Thorns. It's also much easier to gear for.

I'm not looking for a better thorns experience.
I'm looking for a better LoN experience.
Frenzy/Thorns sucks compared to other class's LoN builds.
Better LoN experience, can't help you there.

But if truly are

Barb main

Then you should rejoice that you have Thorn options.

:)
04/29/2019 10:11 AMPosted by PaBlEiToR
You have free games with more hours to spend and things to do, for free, and they keep providing new content just by listen community and having a good feedback.

Please name the game(s) you are talking about.
[quite] You have free games with more hours to spend and things to do, for free, and they keep providing new content just by listen community and having a good feedback.

This game and company deserver what they got these years.[/quote]

REPLY: You mean PoE for example? It is free, but has microtransactions, so GGG earn constant money through it. Blizzard do not get such money through d3 (despite necro pack). That is a huge difference. Let's be serious, there is no company that makes game only for fun. Including GGG.
04/29/2019 09:56 AMPosted by Karolek
you cannot get infinite content for 40$ game

I'm not asking for infinite content. Since content is still being developed I'm asking for equal treatment and not to be lied to. If they hadn't tried to drive the power inflation to infinity and beyond and instead put effort into balancing the game a bit there would be fewer complaints. As it is they've wrecked the game and their relationship with the remaining players by trying to shove seasons down our throats instead of listening.
04/29/2019 12:13 PMPosted by DonMartin
04/29/2019 10:11 AMPosted by PaBlEiToR

Please name the game(s) you are talking about.

PoE is free to play, and has tons of content, that's one
for you.
Besides that, on topic, Barbs have been neglected since RoS.
To the poster claiming that we shouldn't expect free content
for an old game I say this, if they can't balance classes,
make it available for off-line play, and the community will
balance it for them.
04/29/2019 12:23 PMPosted by Karolek
[quite] You have free games with more hours to spend and things to do, for free, and they keep providing new content just by listen community and having a good feedback.

This game and company deserver what they got these years.

Do you have any idea just how much this game has made???
I will break it down for you, a lot.
The original game sold tons, Ros sold lots, it has been released on
multiple platforms, and lastly it does have a cash shop in China.
This game has made a crap load of money.
Personally, I would be 100% fine with adding cosmetic microtransactions to the game if it meant a dedicated team to balance and add exciting new content.
04/29/2019 12:46 PMPosted by LocknLoad
PoE is free to play, and has tons of content, that's one
for you.

Good job taking the bait. I knew this would be the first answer.

Try again. Someone else already explained why you are wrong.
developers said screw barbs - and so barbs got screwed
"We weren't happy with how much we were ignoring Barbs. So we doubled it!"