Kanais cube upgrade

Items and Crafting
Can I get all legendary items for just upgrading rare items in the kanais cube. i mean can i put in a rare ring and have the possibility to get all legendary rings in the game. if not where can i see what i can get
pls help and thx for reading
Hi, Yes you have a chance to get the legendary you want but there are tons of possibilities.
Mostly, yes.

The items that will not come up by upgrading rare are
- Crafted items
- Bounty Cache items

It still follows Smart Loot rules, so getting an item for another class is unlikely.
You might find this useful for seeing what items are in the Smart Loot pool for which classes.

https://www.d3planner.com/game/58979/kadala
05/14/2019 10:56 AMPosted by storytime42
so getting an item for another class is unlikely.
This is probably more true for items like Rings. But, I know that my Demon Hunter can upgrade Rare Level 70 Polearms and get Legendary Polearms. 5 out of 20 of them being Bovine Bardiches to use in Kanai's Cube to open a Portal to Not the Cow Level.
How a Demon Hunter Gets Bovine Bardiches
https://youtu.be/0bYF-Gs-bdE

05/14/2019 04:25 PMPosted by Soifon
https://www.d3planner.com/game/58979/kadala
I like this page. Always have. But, I find it odd that it doesn't list all items for all Classes, even if the chances of getting those items for certain Classes are low.

For example, if you have the Demon Hunter Class selected it won't even show Polearms. :-(

The chance for a Demon Hunter to get a Polearm from Kadala may be 0%, but the "Breaths" column should show the number of average Death's Breaths to get specific Polearms using the Cube.

Oh well...
05/14/2019 06:17 PMPosted by Perusoe
I like this page. Always have. But, I find it odd that it doesn't list all items for all Classes, even if the chances of getting those items for certain Classes are low.
Because it's only showing Smart loot tables. 2h Polearms don't actually drop for DHs, nor are they obtainable from bloodshards.

Upgrading polearms on a DH is actually less efficient than on another class with a polearm loot table.

For example, Both Barb and Monk have 4 polearms, the 3 non-class specific ones and a class specific one.

Crusader only has 3 non-class specific ones because there is no class-specific polearm for them.

WD's polearm loot table is an oversight. Because they can use 2h polearms, they have a polearm loot table but bovine barditch isn't on their polearm loot table (it's just a bug). Only HS and PoC polearms are. That means since they have a smart loot table for polearms they can never find Bovine Bardiche's from upgrading polearms in the cube or as a random smart loot drop. But they can very rarely find one as a drop if it drops from a non-smart loot item drop.

Since DH, Wizard and Necro can't equip polearms at all they don't have a smart loot table for polearms so they can obtain any of the 5 polearms at equal chance from the cube (3 normal polearms, 1 monk, 1 barb). And very rarely as a non-smart loot item drop like the WD.

The smart loot table always prioritizes over the normal loot table for the game. So if you want Bardiche's specifically you'd be better off making a level 1 crusader and upgrading polearms in the cube that way.

If you really wanted to you could upgrade scythes in the cube as a DH, since they don't have a smart loot table for scythes they'd be able to roll every scythe. But so can necros.

Similarly, DHs can only roll 2 1h daggers, but there are only 2 options because they are both demon hunter specific. DHs can't cube eun-jang-do or pig sticker and only Wizard can cube a wizardspike.
05/15/2019 11:28 PMPosted by Soifon
Because it's only showing Smart loot tables. 2h Polearms don't actually drop for DHs, nor are they obtainable from bloodshards.
Okay. I get that. I just think it's a shame that we can't use that webpage to calculate the chances to upgrade Rares for Classes outside the loot table. I know it's Kadala's page, but the "Breaths" column is for Kanai's Cube. (Perhaps there should be a page for Kanai's Cube).

Upgrading polearms on a DH is actually less efficient than on another class with a polearm loot table.
True. But, I only play Demon Hunters these days. And I doubt if I will use up a Character Slot just to create a Character to gamble for items outside the Demon Hunter's loot table.

As far as getting Bovine Bardiches, I'll stick to the method I'm currently using and have for years now, as seen in the video I linked above.

DHs can't cube eun-jang-do or pig sticker and only Wizard can cube a wizardspike.
What?!
Demon Hunter, Kanai's Cube: Eun-jang-do
https://i.imgur.com/RqwHDoI.jpg

Demon Hunter, Kanai's Cube: Pig Sticker
This is the only one you listed that is not available to the Demon Hunter.

Demon Hunter, Kanai's Cube: Wizardspike
https://i.imgur.com/ATIP8ip.jpg

Cheers. ( ^_^)o自
I meant they can't upgrade rares into those items. Of course they can use the cube powers.

And you can use the webpage to calculate breaths needed for an item. Every item not on a smart loot table has an equal chance of dropping. So it's 25 dbs for each item, there are 5 polearms = 125 dbs on average.

Upgrading rare polearms on a DH is much worse than making a crusader alt. It's fine if you don't believe me but that's just how the game works. I wasn't talking about using blood shards on a crusader alt only the cube recipe.
05/16/2019 11:39 AMPosted by Soifon
I meant they can't upgrade rares into those items.
Oh, okay.

And you can use the webpage to calculate breaths needed for an item. Every item not on a smart loot table has an equal chance of dropping.
Thanks.

Upgrading rare polearms on a DH is much worse than making a crusader alt. It's fine if you don't believe me but that's just how the game works.
It's not a matter of believing you. I just don't want to have to create a Character Class I'm not going to play just to get Bovine Bardiches. And the method I'm currently using is working just fine.

If you took the time to watch the video I linked, you'd know I've got more Bovines than I really need. In fact, I didn't want anymore at the time, and only upgraded those for the sake of the video. ;-)