Please make D4's Art style scary and different.

General Discussion
Don't make everything look like Warcraft/Starcraft/Overwatch-y.

Diablo imo should have a more realistic look and less stylized. And especially scary.

Make the Demons look like something out of Catholic Baroque paitings. Emphasize the Fire and Brimstone nature of hell. No weird looking Demons like Azmodan and Baal.

And make Diablo look like a Proper Firey Devil then some Demon looking Zerg we got in Diablo 3. And give him Wings like a Warhammer Bloodthirster or the Bal'rog:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-BE/Bloodthirster-Greater-Daemon-of-Khorne

I mean something is wrong when Illidan , Kil'jaeden, and Sargeras look way more demonic then El Diablo himself.

Basically bring back dark and scary Diablo.
You mean you're not a fan of flashing radioactive yellow/blue elite monsters that shoot bombs out of their head; who summon thunderstorms in an underground cave that turns the ground into fire and ice at the same time while having to dodge spinning pink laser beams, then to finally explode in dramatic nuclear death who leave behind purple balls for you to chase and pick up??

What's wrong with you...
05/01/2019 02:12 PMPosted by PhoenixForce
You mean you're not a fan of flashing radioactive yellow/blue elite monsters that shoot bombs out of their head; who summon thunderstorms in an underground cave that turns the ground into fire and ice at the same time while having to dodge spinning pink laser beams, then to finally explode in dramatic nuclear death who leave behind purple balls for you to chase and pick up??

What's wrong with you...

Nor am I a fan of those Giant Scarbs in the Deserts of Lut Gholein that when you strike at them they spews out lightning all over the place :P

I just want Diablo to look and feel scary again like in Diablo 1.

And make it feel Satanic as !@#$ like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaVb97uQPvw

And this as a modern-ish example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Y4Yrk5Ma0&t

Dungeons and Dragons and Warhammer has more demonic looking !@#$ then Diablo 3's art style.
While D2 was not as oppressively dark as D1 it still created a muted, wonderfully somber world.

D3 just missed the mark very dissapointingly. But the new areas added to adventure mode are on another level, I wish the whole game looked like that.
05/01/2019 03:42 PMPosted by Bodhisattwa
muted

This is the key word from a color pallet point of view. Bright colors make this game too childish.

In addition to hiring professional concept artists who understand horror colors, I request please can we limit the amount of insects and other normally harmless enemies that are in the Diablo series?

I can't begin to tell you how frustrating this game was to me when I was playing one of the earliest patches as Barbarian, shooting fire and making earthquakes, until I got killed by a swarm of wasps. That is not Diablo.
Oh yea those wasps were awesome! Nobody, in a thousand hours, could get past those and it was the end of D3 for my roommate. He literally quit and never touched it again after that. I sold the gold I made for 50$ (1m) and another item and never played again either. Until a Looong long time after. They !@#$ed up by changing the direction of the game 2-3 years before the release rather than give us the sought after D3 we expected and was almost done. This company is awful ever since it was sold to investors that are just money whoring. They can go die.

Yep... and everyone that defends them. Creativity may still exist in there, but they're 1- sold 2- children book illustrators xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
3- byyyyyyyyye
To be fair the professionalism, talent involved and quality of design in the visuals of D3 is absolutely top notch. But the world feels whimsical and shallow, it doesn't immerse you in the mysterious and atmospheric world of Sanctuary from the previous games. A Damn Shame.
Agree. I hope not only mood and visuals will return to Diablo's roots but also itemization, character building, questing, music, map-generation and big map size where we can explore and "get lost in", and last but not least a dangerous world where effort, knowledge, time-investment and patience = Win.
05/02/2019 05:16 AMPosted by Bodhisattwa
To be fair the professionalism, talent involved and quality of design in the visuals of D3 is absolutely top notch. But the world feels whimsical and shallow, it doesn't immerse you in the mysterious and atmospheric world of Sanctuary from the previous games. A Damn Shame.
I'm fine with D3 art style except for the armor designs are too anime feeling. Its other things that kill the mood for me like dialogue from followers and cheesy dialogue from bosses. PLUS the radioactive elite mobs like pheonix force said.