Season 17 Stash question

General Discussion
Is Blizzard going to give us a couple new stash tabs to work with starting off? Or are they ALL going to be locked behind seasonal journeys that no one can complete in time thanks to a vicious RNG and absurd requirements?
Unfortunately, the latter.
You start with what you have, all new tabs are locked behind seasonal journeys.

"no one can complete in time"

Many players have it done in the first few days.
Even if you only play 3 or 4 hours per week, you can complete Seasonal Journey.
There's even Clan Groups that will help you too.
05/05/2019 06:48 AMPosted by LonePhantom
locked behind seasonal journeys that no one can complete in time

... 3 Months isn't long enough ?

If I can do it within the given time frame, you can do it.
that no one can complete in time thanks to a vicious RNG and absurd requirements?

Like others have said, it takes a few days at most to get the stash tab.

I only play HC and it is very, very quick and easy.

I grow tired fast of people that are the 'always', 'everyone' and 'noone' type of people.

Your post is just wrong and incorrect.

Join a popular clan and learn by listening to people.
05/05/2019 05:46 PMPosted by AsagiD304
... 3 Months isn't long enough ?

Yeah. Lets look at that shall we?

3 months (at best)

Per tab.

So...

In a year and a half, you can get your 5 tabs. Or well over 2 years if you haven't earned any yet.

No.

A thousand times no.

I don't care how "easy" it is for some of you to earn them. Not EVERYONE wants to go through Blizzard's hoops to "earn" them. Many of us have already spent thousands of hours playing their game. By my estimate those people already have "earned" them.

Enough is enough.

You all can cave and give in to the carrot, but this rabbit is done chasing carrots for Blizzard.

Game on.
Some would accept "gated" stash tabs if could convert season to nonseason conqueror and/or guardian season journey once completed.
- rebirth a nonseason character
- complete season journey
- convert back to nonseason
- no need to wait until end of season.
I do not even use the ones I have, neither do I save junk. If I recall we started with 4, now some players have what, 12?

"and if we gave you more you want more ... and you want more" - Josh Mosqueira
My stash is full blizzard. Why can't you just give us the stash for free? I'm hurting for stash space and I don't even keep multiple copies of items. I got a perfectly rolled in geom, but salvaged my sunwuko set, so I have to farm it again. Just give us the stash space already
05/05/2019 06:33 PMPosted by DTMAce
You all can cave and give in to the carrot, but this rabbit is done chasing carrots for Blizzard.

That's good news, thank you. Because if everyone took the easy seasonal path to stash tabs then Blizz might have to stop handing them out. We need more players like you to give up on getting more stash space so the rest of us can be certain of having it.

Your sacrifice is noted and appreciated.

seasonal journeys that no one can complete in time thanks to a vicious RNG and absurd requirements?

This is 100% true people! NO-ONE can possibly complete the seasonal journey, no matter how hard they try or how long they play, so don't even try, OK?

05/05/2019 06:59 PMPosted by SilverFox
Some would accept "gated" stash tabs if could convert season to nonseason conqueror and/or guardian season journey once completed.
- rebirth a nonseason character
- complete season journey
- convert back to nonseason
- no need to wait until end of season.

Now this I agree with. They give us rebirth to allow for continuity with our character's time played and kills etc, but once we're done with our seasonal journey and ready to resume NS (with our shiny new stash tab) our character(s) are stuck in seasonal mode until its over. Give us 'un-birth' or restore please.
The Season Journey can be completed thru Conqueror easily in 20-30 hours (and thats giving a lot of time). If you do not have 20 hours over the course of the entire season to play then perhaps gaming is just not for you. With getting a set from doing chapters 1-4 (which takes maybe 6-8 hours for a new character), the journey is really a joke nowandays.

Should a stash also be given to everyone and make it an even 8 from journeys, maybe but today's journey really doesn't take much time either now.
Is Blizzard going to give us a couple new stash tabs to work with starting off? Or are they ALL going to be locked behind seasonal journeys that no one can complete in time thanks to a vicious RNG and absurd requirements?

i finished season journey in 1 day, i don't know how ppl couldn't do it in 3+ months

not that i like being locked to like 2 years of seasons...
...that no one can complete in time thanks to a vicious RNG and absurd requirements?

What? No seriously. Look, you have a bunch of level 70 characters, and 996 Paragon levels. The builds, on the classes i've played, look OK.

So, every season I've played so far, I've rolled a new character, picked up the Six piece set for the wings / pet / whatever. Then just played the character till its geared and capable of GR70 solo, which usually sees me at about para 500, and 99% of the guardian journey complete.

Some of the conquests to finish the journey to unlock the stash tab are trivial. 3 Gems to 65? Please! Others, if you are willing to just join public games you don't even need to try for: Every season I've hit the Rift in 2 minutes just by joining public Rifts, and a wide open map opens up, everyone splits up and the achievement comes up unexpectedly when we handin because the level literally took 90s.

If you prefer to play strictly solo, if you don't want to rebirth any of your 70s and experience their 1-70 again, I can perhaps understand your reluctance. But the requirements for completing a season are anything but hard if Diablo is actually a game you play.
That's good news, thank you. Because if everyone took the easy seasonal path to stash tabs then Blizz might have to stop handing them out. We need more players like you to give up on getting more stash space so the rest of us can be certain of having it.

Your sacrifice is noted and appreciated.

You're completely missing the point.

I stated its not about how easy they are.

Its the FACT that they are doing this in the first place. Be a mindless sheep if you like.
05/06/2019 08:06 AMPosted by DTMAce
You're completely missing the point.

I stated its not about how easy they are.

Its the FACT that they are doing this in the first place. Be a mindless sheep if you like.

The fact is, not everyone can have all the stash tabs, because reasons. All of us are in the same boat. We have to deal with it, and make our own decisions to go for the tabs or not. But if everyone got them, we'd all finish up with less tabs being available to us, because of said reasons. So you're right. It's not about how easy it is. It's about the need for some players to choose not to get them, regardless of how easy it is.
Spacecadet13,

Your troll post makes no sense with what Nevalistis posted. The technical reasons that she quoted has nothing to do with everyone getting all the stash tabs at once, but a question of in game actors in multiplayer games. She was arguing that the game can not handle a 4 player group where each player had 17 stash tabs. Unless they can fix this issue in the next year or so, it still would be a problem if you and your 3 in game friends all had the max stash tabs. Of course, her explanation ignores the fact that some people currently multibox and can run 4 accounts with 12 stash tabs concurrently on the same computer.... I assume running 17 tabs on a single computer would be far less intensive. Just saying...

See:

04/26/2019 11:05 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Q: What are the technical limitations preventing us from adding more stash tabs?

To explain this, we have to start with the foundation on which Diablo III is built. Most objects in the games are actors: special effects, enemies, summons, followers, and items. Gems, weapons, armor, potions, pets, crafting materials, and more; all the things we love to horde. All players in a party sync on everything that every player has - in memory, all the time. That doesn't sound like a lot at first, but it adds up very fast. The more actors active in a game (like enemies on screen AND items in your stash), the more the game will tax your system's memory. This issue on console is particularly difficult because there is a limit to how much system memory we can access. PC is more flexible in this manner, which is why we're able to add more stash space there.
MicroRNA:

Nice selective edit of Nevalistis's comments on this! Here's mine:

04/26/2019 02:07 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Many of the questions and compromises the community has mentioned were brought up, investigated, and even some we thought could work tested. Sadly, the results weren't acceptable. The reality is that there is a cap for how much we can provide, and we're trying to get as close to that cap as we can without compromising the overall gameplay experience.

04/26/2019 11:05 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Q: Why can't we make stash space available to non-Seasonal players?

We explored options to make this happen, but it came down to a conflict in how Seasonal rewards roll into non-Seasonal permanence. Rewards would be earned twice, and we’d end up in the state of poor performance we’ve been trying to avoid.

We recognize not everyone prefers Seasons, but we do want to emphasize that any Stash earned in Season does roll into non-Seasonal characters.

There's a cap to how much they can provide. So what they do offer is gated behind seasonal play. They do this because non-seasonal players choose not to get it, which reduces the amount of stash and number of items that will be used and presumably means that the 'cap' isn't threatened. They need non-seasonal players to not earn stash tabs. They're counting on it. Where I am wrong/trolling?
Spacecadet,

The cap in your first Nev quote relates to why 17 tabs versus other number of tabs. It has nothing to do with total number of stash tabs on the server. Hence, the reason Nev talked about the technical limitations to cap.

The second Nev quote of yours relates to why they do not want a way to obtain stash tabs in non-season. Their argument is that "rewards would be earned twice". She even talked about poor performance whose "technical" explanation I previously quoted.

Sorry try again.

Almost all of us know that Blizzard prefers us to play season for "some" reason. All this other stuff about the need to gate stash tabs is just silly business for sheep to believe.