Diablo like games.....

General Discussion
Someone please give me some info on Diablo like games - getting so bored waiting for the next season to begin........
If you like pencil and paper there is this old game called Dungeons and Dragons that I hear some people still play...
Grim Dawn (New expansion just came out about a month ago)
Titan Quest (Oldie based on Greek lore but a goodie)
Transistor (Short but very sweet!)
Path of Exile (not my cup of tea, but apparently popular)
Wolcen
The incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
Sacred 1-3 (Haven't tried the third one myself)
Diablo 1-2
Nox (Oldie but also pretty decent)
Victor Vran
Hades
last epoch.

early access but damn good
05/07/2019 02:54 PMPosted by Hamiltonz
If you like pencil and paper there is this old game called Dungeons and Dragons that I hear some people still play...

Indeed, though only 1e and 2e is worthwhile. 3.5e was decent but it was more about stats and 4e is the supreme garbage. 5e could of been good but it went the route of a 3.5 spiritual successor though half way through it's development cycle it was almost 2.5e but too many video game heads got involved and destroyed it.

Time and effort scale
1e: takes about 2 months of vested reading before you can even begin
2e: play out of the box, same night, but you'll need a ton of references
3-3.5e: DM pretty much needs to know everything, munchkin players need to know just as much if not more
4e: hot garbage MMO style of play
5e beta: see 2e
5e current day: see 3.5e
05/07/2019 02:58 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
Wolcen
Diablo 1-2
Victor Vran
Hades

Throne of Darkness
Torchlight 1+2 (with Frontiers later this year)
Shadowflare
Thanks guys
05/07/2019 03:59 PMPosted by DarkAngel
Thanks guys

And remember Zeddicuus put Grim Dawn at the top for a reason.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamesLikeDiablo/comments/b0h5a9/50_games_like_diablo_all_platforms/
05/07/2019 04:49 PMPosted by McCloud
Thanks guys

Have to agree, they have a Diablo 2 mod that lets you play D2 in Grim Dawn and I am loving it.
05/07/2019 03:59 PMPosted by AsagiD304
05/07/2019 02:58 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
Wolcen
Diablo 1-2
Victor Vran
Hades

Throne of Darkness
Torchlight 1+2 (with Frontiers later this year)
Shadowflare

Frontiers is scary.. by which I mean it's produced by a studio that has one of the worst pay2win models on the market right now.
Others have posted great suggestion, but I'd add another one: Chronicon. It's a more indie style pixel ARPG, but it's really fun and the skill system and itemization is reminiscent to D3 but I felt did many things better.
Fate (Single Player)

http://games.wildtangent.com/fate/
I wonder if any members from blizzard reads these kinds of post and think "oh no, we need to think of something to keep our players playing", or they just don't care and moves on.
Grim Dawn would be probably the best Diablo like game. It has 'grim' aesthetics, awesome dual-class skill system, good loot system (magic, rare, and unique/set but there are special items called 'monster infrequent' or MIs that drop only from certain enemies (maybe trash maybe a boss) and they can be potentially BIS that makes farming really fun), and good end game system (rogue-like challenge dungeons where you have to restart if you die, and nemesis bosses that spawn once you get a certain reputation by killing enough enemy faction).

Titan Quest is kinda like Grim Dawn with the dual class system but with ancient mythology setting.

Torchlight 2 is good gameplay but very cartoonish art style which some may not like. The skills are fun to use and the classes are distinctive but the itemization is basically terrible. There are some mods that make itemization better but still you don't have things like plus skill bonus because of engine limitations.

Torchlight 1 is a lot like TL2 except without a lot of quality of life improvements.

Those are the ones i play. Last Epoch is in early access and looks really promising but my computer sucks so I cannot play it right now or I would.
I think they are okay with it if people keep to the Games and Technology forum with talk of other games. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/5386232/

I would not be surprised if this thread got moved there.

[edit: stating facts gets the smacks]
Thanks guys

Please dont tell me its coz "Grim Dawn is so much better than Diablo 3". I played if for a sum total of 3 hrs and got bored very quickly
05/08/2019 12:25 AMPosted by Acheronus

Please dont tell me its coz "Grim Dawn is so much better than Diablo 3". I played if for a sum total of 3 hrs and got bored very quickly

No it's because after D3, Grim Dawn is the best of what's left.
05/07/2019 03:27 PMPosted by SuperduperJW
last epoch.

early access but damn good

Yes, I've seen some gameplay videos of it recently and it actually might be very good. Although early access at the moment but some folks are already playing and their reviews/opinions on it are quite good.
05/08/2019 12:25 AMPosted by Acheronus

Probably didn’t know what you were doing, honestly.