Sprinter and Speed Racer S17

General Discussion
I'm going to be running both conquests throughout this season. See all the posts below for more info. If you need these conquests done, I recommend joining one of the following communities where other people also need this conquest and other runners help out multiple groups daily.
Conquests
Sprinter Conquest
Speed Racer Conquest

Edit: I'll also be streaming all the Sprinter and Speed Racer runs from here on out! Watch to enjoy, to learn, or to try these conquests in your own groups. I'm not a professional streamer, so don't expect anything flashy or interactive; I'm just streaming to help you all out.
https://www.twitch.tv/amatzikahni

Edit 05/24: I just finished gearing my very first ever Dashing Strike Monk, and I made a mistake: I decided to test her out instead of going to bed and waiting for the morning. Whoops! I was having so much fun that I actually ended up doing Sprinter completely solo in about 54 minutes. Here's the video minus the first few minutes:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/429533685
So now I can definitely carry three towners for the rest of the season. I'm never rolling a Vault DH again!

Edit 05/26: Here's a clip from one of yesterday's runs, a new personal best of 47:15. I took a break today since I ran ~six runs yesterday, but I'll be back in the saddle tomorrow.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/430469927

Edit 05/31: Things will be a little busy in about a week or two, and I may not have access to my computer for some time, so I'm going to try to finish up everyone on my Friend List over the next week. I'll try to hit the list hard this weekend!

Edit 06/01: New record of 44:35! This is immediately after setting a new record in the 45:xx's in the previous game. Dashing Strike is so blatantly OP for this conquest.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/433222435

I also took three people through Sprinter who had never done it before and all had Discord, so I decided to give a bunch of lore summary throughout the entire run. If you're interested in a lore summary, here's a great video for you:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/433311832
Note that we hit a bug in the Khazra Den twice in a row (I was distracted with the commentary and killed the final set of cultists too quickly), so the video takes a big cut there. The third run was successful in 49:49.
Speed Racer set complete! Now for the Sprinter grind.
I just finished my Sprinter set in time to start running a whole bunch of people through. As such, three groups tonight have finished Sprinter! I've got a few more people lined up as well tomorrow on Sprinter. If you don't want to add me, you can join the following communities that I'm also watching throughout the season:

Conquests
Sprinter Conquest
Speed Racer Conquest
This conquest is unattainable for single players.

ok ... gotta join some sprinters then
Sent you a friend request - I was looking at doing the six GR55 runs as my 3rd conquest so this would save me having to gear up a second character :)
Two more done this morning, bringing it to 5/5 successes! I've found just about every bug and glitch possible at this point, so runs are buttery smooth because we avoid all the game-ending bugs I know of.
05/21/2019 12:12 PMPosted by Amatzikahni
Two more done this morning, bringing it to 5/5 successes! I've found just about every bug and glitch possible at this point, so runs are buttery smooth because we avoid all the game-ending bugs I know of.

How do you avoid the bug after reaching the Imperial Palace? That's the only area I ever really have problems. I end up walking to the sewers, because anytime I move to fast, the game seems to bug up half the time.
05/21/2019 12:32 PMPosted by BehindTimes
How do you avoid the bug after reaching the Imperial Palace? That's the only area I ever really have problems. I end up walking to the sewers, because anytime I move to fast, the game seems to bug up half the time.

I've hit this about 8 times. I have two theories. The first is that the four guardsmen need to die before you cross the line entering into the circular room; if you warp into the room without killing the guardsmen, the floor trigger gets overwritten and can never be enabled. The second is that the guardsmen must activate their transformation before dying, so warping+killing too quickly can bug the four pillars. Regardless, I'm now giving a brief explanation of this one particular bug in all my pregame demonstrations simply because it's so common.
Cheers for the community service mate!

Will add you on both my accounts when I get a chance. Been interested in doing this one if I found the right team members.
Hi, If possible would like help with the sprinter, added you and thanks for doing this :)
I tried doing this solo and I always hit the 1 hour mark at the end of A4 or start of A5. It's so difficult to do this solo. They leave no room for mistakes and you're bound to make wrong turns on a few maps. I feel like the only way to do this is with a party. I'm convinced every solo spinter video are fakes. Good luck everyone.
05/22/2019 04:29 AMPosted by SeuTiBeun
I tried doing this solo and I always hit the 1 hour mark at the end of A4 or start of A5. It's so difficult to do this solo. They leave no room for mistakes and you're bound to make wrong turns on a few maps. I feel like the only way to do this is with a party. I'm convinced every solo spinter video are fakes. Good luck everyone.

There's a guide which can help here: http://paulius.50webs.com/diablo3.html

Also, which class are you using?

If you want to complete it with room for the most margin of error, play a monk. Easy to gear for the conquest, and it's the fastest class in the game.

The thing about most of the solo sprinter videos you see is that the people there know what they're doing. And all the videos, including the 36 minute one, have mistakes in them. But they're minor mistakes compared to people trying to complete it the first time who are making major, avoidable mistakes.
Alright, I've run about 20 tests and I think I've nailed the Act 2 Part 4 bug (A Royal Audience). When using invisibility or warping past the last set of guards, they don't transform. If you kill them before they transform into serpentmen, then the Demon Summoners don't spawn. The exact frame I came out of invisibility in the middle of the room, the guards transformed and the Demon Summoners spawned. So it appears that if you kill the third set of four guards before they transform, the game bugs and doesn't spawn the Demon Summoners causing the game-ending bug.

So wait for them to transform, then kill them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWQww2njzMc
solo is possible
05/22/2019 09:53 AMPosted by Kalter90
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWQww2njzMc
solo is possible

Doesn't make it any less stupid.
I sent you an in game friend request, would love help on this. Thanks.
10/10 this season! The last run was close at 59:35 since someone lagged out a few minutes into the run and we only had 1.5 runners.

I'm currently building a Sprinter Monk to try, and if it works well, I may also build a Speed Racer Monk. But for now, I'm aiming for the last piece of gear on my Sprinter DH.
05/23/2019 11:48 AMPosted by Amatzikahni
I'm currently building a Sprinter Monk to try,

It's pretty nuts. A good monk can easily shave 5+ minutes off the time.

EDIT: While I'm here, thoughts on the delayed spawn of the Warden in Cursed Hold sometimes? It's happened to me a few times now and I've never been able to nail down why it's happening. I assume I'm missing a trigger somewhere.
05/23/2019 12:50 PMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
I'm currently building a Sprinter Monk to try,

It's pretty nuts. A good monk can easily shave 5+ minutes off the time.

EDIT: While I'm here, thoughts on the delayed spawn of the Warden in Cursed Hold sometimes? It's happened to me a few times now and I've never been able to nail down why it's happening. I assume I'm missing a trigger somewhere.

As with certain other things, you can't stand on the spot. Move to the Warden, then back off, and he should spawn.
10/10 this season! The last run was close at 59:35 since someone lagged out a few minutes into the run and we only had 1.5 runners.

I'm currently building a Sprinter Monk to try, and if it works well, I may also build a Speed Racer Monk. But for now, I'm aiming for the last piece of gear on my Sprinter DH.

If you're up a little bit later, I'm trying to break 45 minutes (Sprinter or Speed Racer is fine, though missing an Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac in HC). Can't really carry anyone for those types of attempts though, because people without prior knowledge can slow things down.