Why are you abandoning non-seasonal players?

General Discussion
I don't wanna play season, i don't like to start all over again, i like to play with my powerful characters and i like to use the good gear that i have to find better gear. You guys give these special buffs for season players only, WHY? What is the reason for this? Why negate this cool buffs for non-seasonal players?
Metrics.

Strong seasonal numbers is probably a big part of what is keeping D3 servers running (even if it is only a short spike at the beginning of the season).
05/22/2019 05:21 PMPosted by phosTR
I don't wanna play season, i don't like to start all over again, i like to play with my powerful characters and i like to use the good gear that i have to find better gear. You guys give these special buffs for season players only, WHY? What is the reason for this? Why negate this cool buffs for non-seasonal players?

Well, the reason is that they want people to start over and play Seasonal characters instead of staying on their powerful non-Season characters, and they know that more people will play Seasons if there's an incentive attached.
I think the intent is that they can allow for the experimentation for crazy ideas knowing it has no lasting or permanent effect. I guess, non season is viewed as more permanent while seasons is not. So to give a buff that only lasts a few months just feels out of place in non seasons.

However, maybe this will give them something to think about, such as implementing some of the theme changes as something permanent and move it over to non seasons.

By the way, I'm mostly a non seasonal player and I under this approach.
05/22/2019 05:57 PMPosted by MerLock
I think the intent is that they can allow for the experimentation for crazy ideas knowing it has no lasting or permanent effect. I guess, non season is viewed as more permanent while seasons is not. So to give a buff that only lasts a few months just feels out of place in non seasons.

I think this is a very large part of it. I typically play seasons for the cosmetics and stash tabs (only), but I feel for those nonseasonal players who are largely ignored by Blizzard.
non seasonal players already have high paragon levels to match the seasonal bonuses
my powerful characters and i like to use the good gear that i have to find better gear.

You've answered yourself.
I feel an unfortunate reality is that some people have convinced themselves that temporary and/or exclusive content is good. My own persistent argument has always been that if content hits the game, it should be for everyone, and if it isn't, it is not content worth developing. When it comes to the argument of experimentation, that is precisely what the PTR is for. Otherwise, players really shouldn't be eager to be unpaid beta testers for months like a certain other game out there.
blizzard is too busy slapping the salami than creating real world ergonomics. if only they put the time and effort into making this game worthy of playing so the botters don't have a chance.
Yeah, unfair! Give us atleast the RoRG buff..
Why negate this cool buffs for non-seasonal players?

What “cool buffs”? One extra ring power (S16)? Two extra ring powers for LoN builds only (S17)? I fail to see them as worthy of crying about. Meanwhile non-season players got higher Torments, Ancient Vault and item buffs – and you call that “abandoning”? That's virtually a definition of envious whine.
05/23/2019 12:23 AMPosted by Altera
Why negate this cool buffs for non-seasonal players?

What “cool buffs”? One extra ring power (S16)? Two extra ring powers for LoN builds only (S17)? I fail to see them as worthy of crying about. Meanwhile non-season players got higher Torments, Ancient Vault and item buffs – and you call that “abandoning”? That's virtually a definition of envious whine.
for a "dead" game its not that much from away from blizzard hoarding its remains. not whining but begging for mercy.

The why is easy
It is because of the leaderboards, in season the leaderboard is only in season and doesn't transfer
On the other hand the LB in NS is not reset every season and lasts a year. And all the LB chasers are going to scream blue murder because you got to the top of the LB because of the buff and when the buff ends they cant reach the top because they no longer get the buff that you got to get there and you basically cheated to get to the top because you used a buff that is no longer available to get there
WHY? What is the reason for this? Why negate this cool buffs for non-seasonal players?

These are incentives for players start season. Otherwise Season it would be a failure. But you are right. They could give extra season journey aside for non-season for other rewards. But they would have to keep Season Reward > Non Season Reward.

This way players would play both. I never played to compete for leaderboard. A lot of players too. So they could promote all their "product" line. It's like starbucks they do not promote just one product, they promote their all brand. This is a reason why diablo 3 is failing. They do not promote all their game, just a piece of it.

Well i just played season journey to get the wings. Now i'm done since i don't play to compete for leaderboard. If they had to offer some reward to get on non season i would play non season after i'm done with season to get both rewards in NS/S.

Edit 1: Maybe Non Season could get always the previous Season buff each time. So Season players are sick of this buff they would try the new fresh buff on Season. While non-season would have a chance to enjoy that buff they didn't. This is a little incentive for everybody. But particulary for me i just would play for other rewards (transmogs, pets, wings, flags etc).
05/23/2019 12:25 AMPosted by OnyxSpirit
for a "dead" game its not that much from away from blizzard hoarding its remains. not whining but begging for mercy.

Mercy? No. OP's complaint is not about how the soulless corporate machine gives so little of free content to starving fans. His complaint is, literally, about how players of the game mode he doesn't like are getting free (“cool”, even!) content, while he and other NS players aren't getting any (“abandoned”). Which is debatable for “cool” and absolutely wrong for “abandoned”.

I can relate to seasonal hate. I don't like redoing everything from scratch over and over, and I only play seasons for stash tabs/cosmetics. If there weren't fast-track features like Adventure mode unlock and Haedrig's gift, I doubt I would play them at all. And Blizzard surely could make all the buffs global (“Era of Nightmares”), so one could debate their decision to tie thematic buffs to seasons. But such a debate needs arguments, not a pure emotional outburst.
05/22/2019 07:58 PMPosted by MOE
my powerful characters and i like to use the good gear that i have to find better gear.

You've answered yourself.

this is the answer 100%. Why do you want to gimp your NS character? there are very few themes that will outperform 7 years of gear you've already accumulated.
/thread
Everyone wants something new to play around with. Except on non seasonal you got 8000 paragon people. So if you give someone like that the Lon buff or the rorg buff the people who are 3000 paragon will cry a river it’s so broken.