Please, support Tempest Rush

Monk
I hope I am not the only one who would love to see either Tempest Rush being buffed or some interesting new unique affixes added for it. It can't compete with WoL and even LTK, and it's a shame it has never been truly viable. What's even worse, it has only 1 rune that provides signiticant damage (Flurry), other runes can't compete in higher GRs despite having very cool effects (especially Electric Field).
I love Tempest Rush and have a few suggestions of interesting affixes it could use:
1) An affix that would make it a toggle spell instead of channelling, allowing to include generators in the build;
2) An affix that would pull all the mobs affected by TR, allowing to gather huge packs, thus increasing the overall damage spread which is essential for an AoE skill;
3) An affix that would stop TR from consuming spirit at all (like a couple of items for DH, for example), which would allow to make a much tankier and AS-oriented build;
4) An affix that would count the number of unique enemies hit while you continuously channel TR and proportionally increase its damage;
5) An affix that would enable all the five runes;
6) An affix that would turn TR into a point-and-click skill which would create a mysterious Ally in the pointed area which would stand still or go in a pointed direction channeling TR.

Those were some of my ideas. I'd like to point out that Tempest Rush lacks items with unique affixes and it is one of the reasons it falls behind other skills. I just want to see my favorite skill being on par with WoL and LTK, especially considering the fact that TR has never been top tier anyway.
So you can clear all content in the game by holding down a single button?

Nah.
it also should be a 2 hand build (would be better for spirit cost) but all 2h builds have the same problem, one augment + one leg specific gimmic lost. wol should also be 2h build but that simply died.
but there is a pretty long thread about tr, you could have added.your thoughts there, esp there were a few thoughts about tr right now and how it could be improved.
04/25/2019 01:03 PMPosted by Soifon

Nah.

Just like ww barb or dh? More support to unused skills would be perfect.
04/25/2019 01:03 PMPosted by Soifon

Nah.

TR is far from a one button build. Yes, it primarily uses TR but you need Epiphany for the spirit gen and CC immunity so that is pressed when available or NumLock, if not using the SW belt then you need to watch SW stacks to keep Inner Storm active to keep up your spirit, you need to press Blinding Flash whenever you get champion packs or big dense packs, and you may have Dashing Strike to help improve your mobility.

Most of the regular monks discussing TR in the numerous other threads don't want TR to get the WoL treatment and be the ONLY viable build. But we would LOVE Tempest Rush to be "A" viable build.