Blizzard invites Diablo streamer/s to Blizzcon 2019

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Its good they are at least going through the motions to make like they have an interest in the PC gaming community. My advice:
- If they want to redeem themselves, let them put in the work.
- Don't get all desperate and itchy.
- Don't trust cinematics and short vids.
- Don't get on the hype train.
05/04/2019 02:15 PMPosted by BossDogg
- Don't get on the hype train.

Definitely this.
No more hype train for me.

Hype #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwVaqS_bd-8

Hype #2
Posted by Nevalistis
We continue to read feedback and our internal discussions are ongoing. We have many plans for Diablo across multiple projects which we’ll be revealing over the course of the coming year. We are eager to share more about all of our projects, but some will have to wait as we prefer to show you, rather than tell you, about them. It's going to take some time as we strive to meet your expectations, but now, more than ever, we are committed to delivering Diablo experiences the community can be proud of.

- The Diablo Teams -

I't already May 2019, I must have missed it.
if they go with prior patterns wouldn't this year a be a wow expansion announcement or trailer at least? Wow Immortal.

I hope they do attempt to redeem themselves diablo announcement wise, albeit im not expecting it. Im a bit scared they already have released their "projects" with the books, a remake with another company and the "stash tab no stash tab" update.

At this point I wouldnt be surprised if they stopped production on diablo franchise all together. From past experiences with online games, when the companies go dark so to speak and the only "updates" are just small changes here and there with no additional content, the end is usually near.
If I am not mystaken, last year they invited Rykker, Bludshed, Leviatan and someone else. This is usuall stuff.
05/04/2019 10:01 AMPosted by clueso
Apparently they invited
The only way for them to partially redeem would be to invite Kripp and Red Shirt Hero to announce new Diablo stuff at Blizzcon 2019. Everything else is a troll for me, especially q69.
05/04/2019 03:55 PMPosted by Skelos
The only way for them to partially redeem would be to invite Kripp

Ewww no, can we not please?
Keep the whales happy to keep the MTX $$$ rolling in...
Why would Quin69 go ? What to learn about a mobile trash game. How many times have Blizz said this is the year for Diablo. Ppffft If I was him I'd tell em to pound sand. Long trip from NZ to be there for a big nothing burger. Think he is more inclined to be at Exilecon.
05/04/2019 10:12 AMPosted by MissCheetah

From what little I can tell, yesterday was the decision day on a bunch of the invites to media/influencers.

Cringefluencers*
05/04/2019 02:47 PMPosted by Avalon
No more hype train for me.

Hype #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwVaqS_bd-8

Hype #2
Posted by Nevalistis
We continue to read feedback and our internal discussions are ongoing. We have many plans for Diablo across multiple projects which we’ll be revealing over the course of the coming year. We are eager to share more about all of our projects, but some will have to wait as we prefer to show you, rather than tell you, about them. It's going to take some time as we strive to meet your expectations, but now, more than ever, we are committed to delivering Diablo experiences the community can be proud of.

- The Diablo Teams -

I't already May 2019, I must have missed it.
Nah, you didn’t miss it. It’s called passing off seasonal changes as actual content and hoping you’ll be satisfied with that.
Quin69? the one that raged so bad when DI was announced? way to lose dignity.
Kripp invite? Don't care. I can't say I like the guy's style/personality, but who they invite is their business. Just give them (Acti/Blizz management) plenty of rope. They'll either make a full on rodeo (positive) or they will hang themselves based on sheer stupidity (negative). The third option is they completely ignore the rope and just present a wet fart (more mobile trash) at the Con (fail, fail, and more fail).

Q69 invite? Yeah so what. No benefit or detriment to me.
Ok, I have one very weak theory.

If they invited Quin69 and Kripp (as said above) it means that they invite people who do not actually play diablo at all. So... either they do not know what they are doing (very plausible) or they want them to come back to streaming diablo games by showing them a new (non-mobile, since Quin raged Diablo Immortal, however, they might missed it...) diablo game.

Last year all invited streamers for diablo section were the ones who were playing diablo3 constantly.
They invited Quin to gamescon on the false promise that new diablo information would be released.

Nothing happened. Then next year at blizzcon we got diablo immortal.

He won't go. He's done with Blizzard.
05/05/2019 05:18 AMPosted by Soifon
They invited Quin to gamescon on the false promise that new diablo information would be released.

Nothing happened. Then next year at blizzcon we got diablo immortal.

He won't go. He's done with Blizzard.

He played S16 HC...
05/05/2019 05:21 AMPosted by homerjnick
He played S16 HC...
No he didn't.

Here is his profile: https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Quin69-1336/career
Last updated on Aug 10, 2018
Reminder that playing "Diablo" 3 isn't the same as playing an actual Diablo game.
05/05/2019 12:33 AMPosted by Karolek
Ok, I have one very weak theory.

If they invited Quin69 and Kripp (as said above) it means that they invite people who do not actually play diablo at all.

They probably have also invited a lot of other streamers, YouTubers and personalities from the Diablo community, but Quin might just have been the first one who announced their invitation.
05/05/2019 05:26 AMPosted by Soifon
05/05/2019 05:21 AMPosted by homerjnick
He played S16 HC...
No he didn't.

Here is his profile: https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Quin69-1336/career
Last updated on Aug 10, 2018

You are right, S14 was his last...doesn't seem 8 months ago but it was!