Blizzard invites Diablo streamer/s to Blizzcon 2019

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
05/05/2019 06:12 AMPosted by clueso
They probably have also invited a lot of other streamers, YouTubers and personalities from the Diablo community, but Quin might just have been the first one who announced their invitation.

Agreed.

05/05/2019 12:33 AMPosted by Karolek
Last year all invited streamers for diablo section were the ones who were playing diablo3 constantly.

05/04/2019 03:31 PMPosted by Karolek
If I am not mystaken, last year they invited Rykker, Bludshed, Leviatan and someone else. This is usuall stuff.

I am pretty sure sVr, WolfCryer, Neinball, and several others were there too. I am not sure how many went on their own and how many were sponsored by Blizz. i expect some of the same will be back this year. Most of the time streamers don't talk about it ahead of time. Quinn is unusual in doing that. I was not allowed to talk about it last year until after Blizzcon (I went with the WoW team).
I am not sure if Q69 even plays D3 anymore, so he might not care about what he says, Q69 is Q69 after all. I would much rather see Rhykker, Neinball or Lord Fluffy. Or even better, how about MissCheetah and her cat?
I would much rather see Rhykker or Neinball. Or even better, how about MissCheetah.

You will never see me on camera on purpose and I am not tagged in any of the publicly posted pictures. Nobody needs to deal with old cat lady me anyway. I have gone though, with a Media pass, twice. I had to pay my own travel and costs though. It was really nice to be able to attend certain events and hang out with the Diablo team + a tour! That was 2014 and 2016.

I do expect Nein, Levi, Rhykker, will probably be there one way or another. I don't know if they will have media passes or not, or if they will be streaming/on camera. Like I said, that sort of thing is not usually discussed until Blizzcon or after.
05/05/2019 07:26 AMPosted by MissCheetah

05/04/2019 03:31 PMPosted by Karolek
If I am not mystaken, last year they invited Rykker, Bludshed, Leviatan and someone else. This is usuall stuff.

I am pretty sure sVr, WolfCryer, Neinball, and several others were there too.
On last BlizzCon the following Diablo Community personalities attended: Bluddshed (Streamer / YouTuber)
Rhykker (Streamer / YouTuber)
Wolfcryer (Streamer / YouTuber)
neinball (Podcaster / Loremaster / Streamer)
dredscythe (Podcaster / Statsman)
Zhanji (Streamer / YouTuber)
Dropaduski (Streamer / YouTuber)
sVr (Streamer / Redditor / Theorycrafter)
Leviathan (Streamer / YouTuber)
MissCheetah (Forum MVP)
Monstrous (Forum MVP / Theorycrafter)
Lynxaria (Streamer / YouTuber)
MrLlamaSC (Streamer / YouTuber / D2 Veteran)
Deadset (Streamer / YouTuber)
Lord Fluffy (Streamer / YouTuber / Podcaster)
ThaPchild (Streamer / YouTuber / Podcaster)

Additionally the /r/Diablo moderation team-members: Bleeedorange, Taffer, Xiphirx, Chaosteil, Thunderclaww
So they can stream the immortal game from their phone?
I watched a Rhykker video about Blizcon and general stuff

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sKWXGmmbyc)

He showed Nev post about which build players would like to see. I found a good suggestion there. Maybe the guy do not use the forum so i will replicate his idea:

Luan Santa Olimpia
41 minutes ago
A diablo 3 build i love is FoH - First of Heaven. Lightning FoH and Fire FoH it is very nice. I played it when Crusader did debut. After that they just screwed up this build. And Barbarian leap and whirlwind build it was very nice too. I miss WD firewall / piranha / bear zombies / frogs build too. DH sentry should allow to place the first 3 sentries with no delay/cooldown to compete with other builds.

I did like the dh sentry suggestion. Or that or the first and second sentry could have a half of load time (no sentry no damage and build will not work so total sense here to do something about it).
ITT: Scrubs hurt by truths posted by Me
My vote for MissCheetah and her cat for sure. 8^)

my other votes:
Anthony Evans
Rhykker
Leviathan
Cratic
Bluudshed
Wolfcryer
Lord Fluffy
J Macc
Dead Set
TastySoup
DiEoxidE
dmkt
i Think it is more of a ...

"Hey Quin we would like you to come to Blizzcon and OBTW bring your phone we have something we want you to check out.."
Call me crazy or naively optimistic but... I suspect they have some big, non phone related, Diablo (and other) announcement coming up!

Also, Quinn69 used to be a big Diablo streamer back when Diablo was popular! ;)
05/05/2019 01:09 PMPosted by BossDogg
My vote for MissCheetah and her cat for sure. 8^)

my other votes:
Anthony Evans
Rhykker
Leviathan
Cratic
Bluudshed
Wolfcryer
Lord Fluffy
J Macc
Dead Set
TastySoup
DiEoxidE
dmkt

Great suggestion for dmkt. I concur 100%.
wgaf
05/04/2019 01:17 PMPosted by MissCheetah
The only push back is that you might not get invited again in the future.

Oh No, they wont be invited back again by some greedy money hungry company who isnt giving the community anything it wants. Oh No, what will they do with their lives....
05/05/2019 04:15 PMPosted by Lloyd
Call me crazy or naively optimistic but... I suspect they have some big, non phone related, Diablo (and other) announcement coming up!
You're crazy or naively optimistic.
05/04/2019 11:54 AMPosted by shab6969
who the fck is Quin69

some nobody.
05/05/2019 07:57 AMPosted by Aspirine
So they can stream the immortal game from their phone?

Oh they'll be shillin' like a villain, don't you worry.
05/04/2019 11:01 AMPosted by Saidosha
Not that any streamer has really influenced me at all ever when it comes to the game, but I'd honestly hope they all refuse simply to reaffirm the disaster of 2018.
the "influencers" should go and pull out their phones while at the desktop setup they have.

They should just setup twitch and stream from that desktop a stream of them holding their iPhone or so in their hand playing it, especially if they face to the side 90 degrees so it looks even more pathetic and bonus if they have to either:

Put a icepack on the back of their neck to soothe the neck-soreness from lowering their chin to be able to see downward to the phone for so long.

Have like throne-style arm-supports to support their arms to hold the phone at monitor-height.

or squint their eyes really small to see that tiny 5 inch screen from so far away.

You know, the normal-consequences of playing a video game on a phone when you absolutely do-not-have to. No I swear we have multi projs for multiplats tho...pr told me to say this insult...we're not involving u as co-devs community, we will ask you to be beta testers tho isn't that sweet?!
Think what happened to Quinn is he had a meltdown when his hardcore char died at a blizzcon. And they would`nt revive him. Heard that years ago and thats around the time he stopped playing d3
I suspect big things for BlizzCon this year. Normally Blizzard is at GamesCon with some kind of news, but this year they opted out completely to stay on track with development.

IMHO there will be multiple big announcements at BlizzCon this year, most importantly a new PC Diablo related announcement and maybe D2 remastered. Nothing was ready to be revealed last year, but a year later, we should definitely get something to see!
Just finished reading the full transcript of the the Q1 earnings call from ActiBlizz:

1. Coddy Johnson - "as I discussed last quarter, we are growing our aggregate developer head count on Call of Duty, Candy Crush, Warcraft, Hearthstone, Overwatch, and Diablo by 20% this year to accelerate the delivery of content in our pipeline and give our communities more opportunities to engage."

2. J. Allen Brack - "I said consistently that the Blizzard pipeline is larger and richer than ever before. It includes PC and console releases." "We're pretty impatient to get all those content in front of the community and it's a reason that we have significantly increased our developer head count as we talked about last quarter. The teams are highly motivated. We feel we've got a lot to prove, both to our players and to ourselves."

IMO Blizz are serious about delivering what we (the players) want in Diablo and they wouldn't publicly say so unless they were. Blizzcon will see multiple Diablo releases.