S17 Challenge cache for levelling?

Demon Hunter
With the new challenge cache giving 35 DB's, what do you guys plan for S17? 25 DB to upgrade 1 dagger, a couple of DB to lvl Blacksmith and a few spare to cube interesting drops as you level.

Karleis or Greenstones are the only items that can result from an upgraded yellow dagger in the cube, so that is my plan. Upgrade a dagger, hope that it is Lord Greenstones and boom.

I played a little with Karleis in cube this morning, it was giving me enough damage that I could kill fairly well on Master and T1 using impale.

I guess the key would be to get high exp mobs with it, or focus on quick easy to get bosses like Kuhl.

With Lord Greenstones however, my thinking would be to stack survivability and go elite hunting in rifts to level quickly as well as to 1-shot Kuhl every 30s downtime between rifts. 30 stacks of FoK once you hit lvl 14 is win-win.

Another thing I usually do is gamble for Pox Faulds, though how effective they would be on T1 I need to test. These plus Heart of Iron and levelling should make leveling much quicker.

Edit - changed hexing pants to Pox Faulds - stupid sometimes I am.
I ran a few 1->70s using LGF. Temple of the Forsaken on T6 the moment I grabbed the cube.

This was my slowest run (used season conditions, i.e. no paragon): https://i.imgur.com/cz0TJji.png

Don't worry about elites. Just go purely for the massacre bonus. And make sure you stack survivability. When I hit level 61, I crafted as many yellow armor upgrades I had left. With about 5+ level 61 pieces, you should be able to take 6-7 hits on T6. It really wasn't until level 66 where I started to get killed by 2-3 shot deaths, though it happens so fast you really can't distinguish it between one shot.

And if you farm bounties and are lucky with Cain's or Borns, leveling up to Level Reduce is a piece of cake. I uploaded a video earlier of going from level 23->40 in about 10 minutes.

Sadly, this isn't really HC viable. The dps isn't a problem, but the survivability is. I guess you could always lower the difficulty a bit, or just be the main elite killer if you're in rifts.

*EDIT*

The problem with using Pox is that you can only cube 1 item with 35 Death Breath. This presents a little problem if you're going to be wearing level 16 Pox Faulds, where you're pretty much running without an armor slot due to the low stats.
The dps isn't a problem, but the survivability is.

Wraps of clarity are a pretty good item for leveling - although they don't help with damage - they will be nice later on, as you can go for higher torments.
You also can gamble them at 33 for better stats (next bracers come with level 34 - but some are also quite decent).

At level 30 we could also gamble for new Sin Seekers (there are just 2 quivers) +300% damage for RF (which is a good leveling skill)
what is the other level 30 qvr?
The other two level 30 quivers are Spines of Seething Hatred and Holy Point Shot. The former is useful in a Chakram build and the latter in an Impale build. Three more quivers are available at level 34.
I never really considered quivers to be honest. My smoothest runs in previous seasons tended to be with Pox Faulds and Heart of Iron. Deaths bargain is also awesome in rifts as the aura basically 1-shots trash mobs on hard and expert. The downside is that you have to get lucky in bounty for it to drop

I'm on HC, so T6 isn't an option unfortunately and I tend to stick to Hard or Expert. I do tend to favour Illidan area in act2 for massacre - tons of chests, easy to kill mobs and a nice 100 mob cursed chest. The other nice chest is cursed bellows. That I run every time it is available as a bounty.

Another useful one is to play campaign through to the blacksmith. As soon as haedrigs wife us dead, quit before handing in and restart the game on T6. Once its completed, restart the game on an easier difficulty at the blacksmith quest . Nice exp for it, almost 1 full level all the way to 15. Plus you get to shop for rings at the "fence" without any real downtime.

As usual tho, it's mostly going to be down to what the RNG gods drop.
05/13/2019 04:44 PMPosted by Vermonster
The other two level 30 quivers are Spines of Seething Hatred and Holy Point Shot. The former is useful in a Chakram build and the latter in an Impale build. Three more quivers are available at level 34.

No, at level 30 you only have two quivers: Sin Seekers and Fletcher's pride, which gives you a 50% chance. It is at level 31 that you get 4 quivers (adding Holy Point Shot and Spines of Seething Hatred). Personally I will definitely gamble at level 30.
05/14/2019 04:54 AMPosted by Altair
No, at level 30 you only have two quivers: Sin Seekers and Fletcher's pride, which gives you a 50% chance.

Yes - this tool is pretty nice to look these things up (gameguide is outdated - like wraps of clarity are shown as level 70 item - although they drop on level 15 and you can get them right from the start)

https://www.d3planner.com/game/50649/kadala

Getting Aquilas (23) would also be jackpot. With wraps and aquilas you are probably invulnerable - this means you can pull more -> higher massacre bonus. Running T6 in the Vridian level is possible at some point (at 30 it did work for me) - but you have to focus on the bugs and restart - not clear everything - which is not fun to me. With some enemies you constantly die.

I'd rather do it at T2 or so (at 30 you'll get numbing traps and Shadopower gloom). LoH and regen are also quite strong when leveling (if you have descent defense/toughness).

Clearing levels also means that you get more items, enemy chests (or maybe a goblin) which is cool - and it doesn't really work on T6 - although it may be the most efficient way - but rather "technocratic", IMO.

Edit: As Blizz sometimes changes some things after PTR - this is what you get from the challenge cache:

https://abload.de/img/screenshot060nyj6n.jpg
What's about Hellcat Waistguard?