Help me choose a class - disability issues

General Discussion
Hi All,

After some time away I returned to d3 for season 16. I rather enjoyed it, but ran into some old disability issues. I am dyslexic/graphic/graphic/etc I do not think as fast as other folks nor can I rapidly process information at the high rate others can. This can cause me to have problems with "rapid" games like Diablo. Generally I like to stack passives and avoid over complex rotations of spells , and avoid things like teleportation and over complex palcement that cause me to feel confused and get "lost" in the details.
Generally in diablo I tend to play Wizards and gravitate to Tal Rasha or Firebird with some tankiness built in. However this build can only go so far as Diablo needs you to be "mobile" which is too rapid for me to process in a fun way.
I am looking to find a new class or build to aspire to on Season 17. Season 16 saw me not able to get past torment 10 or so but I enjoyed trying.
You can see my general "usable" build as my toon "ZappyMcBurny".
Can anyone suggest another class or build that might be more suitable to passives, "Stand and deliver" that might help me reach t20 or so? I am not expecting to be able to reach too high on the leader boards, as my cognative issues dont match with the "meta" but Diablo is fun for me. Insanely fast "competitive play" not so much.

Respectful, thoughtful Suggestions are welcomed!
05/18/2019 11:04 AMPosted by Elseer
more suitable to passives

As someone who was trying to play while dealing with chemo after being diagnosed with brain cancer, I know what worked best for me.

Barbarian has worked best for me. The whirlwind build and HotA IK build both require very little from you.

With the whirlwind build, unless you are tying hard to get really high, you can get away with just using the Whirlwind skill while keeping your personal buffs war cry and bloodshed, which last a while. On something hard, you use WotB. I have taken it as high as T13. Not much more you can do past that. You can swap out the Band of Might. I added that in since I am done with the treatment for now and wanted more complexity.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Seiya-1765/hero/40589690

The HotA build takes more work since you have to keep up WotB as much as you can. Other than that, you can just put HotA in your RMB and hold it down to do all of your damage. BoM is suggested here for more protection so you will want to leap when it is up.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Seiya-1765/hero/60853250

That is my opinion. I used to wizard a lot, but not so much anymore. I know almost all of my playtime was in that in the past, but we have to change.
I'll suggest looking for "lazy" Necro build which uses 2 auras (Devouring and Aura of Frailty) at the same time or some very tanky, possibly a lazy shotgun Crusader build.
05/18/2019 11:43 AMPosted by naksiloth
I'll suggest looking for "lazy" Necro build which uses 2 auras (Devouring and Aura of Frailty) at the same time or some very tanky, possibly a lazy shotgun Crusader build.

I was shying away from that one because of how often and carefully you have to use Bone Armor. If you can stand having to use one skill at the right time, it is pretty lazy. That right time is hitting as many mobs as you can on the first use without dying and then with at least one mob in range before it runs out.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Seiya-1765/hero/93510050

I am doing better, but still dont like playing complex builds anymore.
With a multi-button mouse like a Logitech G602, any build or class is open. I, too, have a physical disability. A two button mouse held me back because I can only use one hand/arm. I main a WD due to how easy it is to just let my dogs and garg do about 2/3 of the work. Doing a Jade Pet build this season:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/DiabloVern-1585/hero/110971568
Thanks folks these are some fun suggestions!!!!
the captain america build is supposed to be quite powerful this season. crusaders are generally tanky, and watching the shields fly around isnt too distracting, because you dont control where they go to much and just keep shooting. also no worrying about mana control, can make it a free skill with right gear

i always have a nice ww barb for when things get too busy to concentrate. they dont need to be perfect for low or medium rifts either
I am legally blind and play the whirlwind barb almost exclusively. The "hit-while-you-move" playstyle is by far the easiest for me to manage since I can play mostly by the minimap and text announcements (engaged an elite and killed an elite messages). cooldowns are easy, you just keep them going. sometimes when I'm bored I just press them in order. 1-2-3-4; 1-2-3-4; 1-2-3-4 without really looking at the screen. You can also use the numlock trick too.
Someone downvoted Elseer and those of us who gave advise? I know I got downvoted because last time I checked in this thread I had 4 upvotes.

That seems really weird. Makes me wonder at someone having to troll a legitimate post.
Don't worry about the down votes, some dweebs on this toxic forum will down vote every post regardless of the content.
With a multi button mouse playing Sunwuko wave of light monk (stack mechanics are retained by the belt) or Inna WoL will get you to GR90s and beyond with just your mouse hand and no keyboard. Clears the whole screen as well. If at GR20 with Inna your pets will just kill everything as you run around too.
Down votes of stupidity fixed. :) Wish you the best op and i hope you find the build that works for you. :)
I'd give suggestions but I've only just returned to the game so am a little foggy on what's good for your situation.

My main purpose here was to up vote everyone, seeing some douche did the exact opposite for no apparent reason.

I'll repost if I think of anything suitable.
05/18/2019 11:04 AMPosted by Elseer
Hi All,

After some time away I returned to d3 for season 16. I rather enjoyed it, but ran into some old disability issues. I am dyslexic/graphic/graphic/etc I do not think as fast as other folks nor can I rapidly process information at the high rate others can. This can cause me to have problems with "rapid" games like Diablo. Generally I like to stack passives and avoid over complex rotations of spells , and avoid things like teleportation and over complex palcement that cause me to feel confused and get "lost" in the details.
Generally in diablo I tend to play Wizards and gravitate to Tal Rasha or Firebird with some tankiness built in. However this build can only go so far as Diablo needs you to be "mobile" which is too rapid for me to process in a fun way.
I am looking to find a new class or build to aspire to on Season 17. Season 16 saw me not able to get past torment 10 or so but I enjoyed trying.
You can see my general "usable" build as my toon "ZappyMcBurny".
Can anyone suggest another class or build that might be more suitable to passives, "Stand and deliver" that might help me reach t20 or so? I am not expecting to be able to reach too high on the leader boards, as my cognative issues dont match with the "meta" but Diablo is fun for me. Insanely fast "competitive play" not so much.

Respectful, thoughtful Suggestions are welcomed!
wastes barbarian probably but sadly don't expect much than t13 speed run key farming and dbs. It's Netflix watching spec without even looking at it with hit all 5 buttons every 30 sec with zodiac ring.