S18 Idea - NO SETS

General Discussion
After the RoRG and LON seasons are over, please do a season where NO SET ITEMS of any kind can be found, crafted or created from cubes.

Or if you hate that idea then make set items START at the frequency of primals currently (in other words reduce the drop rate intensely), and keep them off of cube and craft.

Yes, we won't be able to increase the GR number we can do, but it will be a lot more fun.
Season of Vanilla? :D
This has been suggested before and was shot down. It is a bad idea. Removing/disabling sets does not improve things, it does not create new builds and such, etc.

People would be using only those items which give the biggest buffs to specific skills. This greatly favors classes with relatively weak sets and strong supports like crusader and on the other hand makes classes with relatively strong sets and weak supports like DH undesireable to play.
The spirit of what you said applies to LON season, does it not? This will be just a bunch of necromancers and wizards looking for zdpsers, I fear.
As stated above, S17 will have the free LoN buff to incentivice to not to use sets. If you read all the complaints about the upcoming season, you'll notice that they are all about the lack of viable LoN/non-set builds. This is particulary true to DHs and barbarians, they have barely anything practical.
05/02/2019 02:47 AMPosted by Semos
Season of Vanilla? :D

Vanilla had sets, they just weren't nearly as good as rares (with the exception of a few pieces).

Also, in the game's current state, this type of season would be unfair to some classes that lack powerful legendary items.
Season of lul - All legendary and set item drops are disabled. Your characters have all class passives active.
Season of No Pit Timer and Legendary drop difficult increased tripled.

Let's make this game real. Currently is so much cornflakes you drop everything you want on same day.
I don’t think op understands how limiting this would make the whole game. Not every class has strong legendary multipliers
05/02/2019 04:45 AMPosted by PardalBR

Let's make this game real. Currently is so much cornflakes you drop everything you want on same day.

You'd need to disable kanai cube too if you want to achieve what you want. Seriously kanai cube makes acquiring an item you want with good mods so stupidly simple and fast.
05/02/2019 02:51 AMPosted by Kirottu
This has been suggested before and was shot down. It is a bad idea. Removing/disabling sets does not improve things, it does not create new builds and such, etc.

People would be using only those items which give the biggest buffs to specific skills. This greatly favors classes with relatively weak sets and strong supports like crusader and on the other hand makes classes with relatively strong sets and weak supports like DH undesireable to play.

And that proves how unbalanced the game is and still a reason to delete sets. Then the devs could focus on proper balance of legendary items and it would open tons of possibilites. In current state it's impossible to balance set and lon builds because of interactions.

Also it would remove some of power creep sets make. Even trading could be reinvented as we would play on lower torments where legendaries don't drop like candy.

Most of the people seem to be excited about LoN more than any set related stuff anyway. Additionaly I would delete all 2 minute cd skills.
05/02/2019 02:51 AMPosted by Kirottu
This has been suggested before and was shot down. It is a bad idea.
Sounds fun for about 3 hours then get massively disappointing.

Even without sets, there will always be a "meta build" and everyone will be using those. It's always the best xp/hour that people are aiming for.
Would be "Season of 3 Months Off" for the majority of the player base. The object of the seasonal theme is to get more people to play with a theme that changes the game and is fun.

05/02/2019 02:54 AMPosted by Darkness
The spirit of what you said applies to LON season, does it not? This will be just a bunch of necromancers and wizards looking for zdpsers, I fear.

Do you see how your idea will destroy any build diversity for the season? Yes, LON won't be available, but LON does show the massive disparity between builds that do not use sets. The game is sorta kinda balanced with the sets. It is all over the place without sets.

It is dirty that more stash tabs are being gated season journey, imagine the outcry when it takes 200-400 hours to finish it instead of 10-40 because hardly anyone can do a 2 min rift on TX, kill boss x on T13 in 20 seconds, or do any of the conquests like solo gr75 or get 3 gems to 65.
what about season 98??any idea??:)
Just uncap movement speed for a season!
How about season 18 A with no sets and season 18 B with sets if you want to use them. Let’s see how many players opt for season 18 A.
...It is dirty that more stash tabs are being gated season journey, imagine the outcry when it takes 200-400 hours to finish it instead of 10-40 because hardly anyone can do a 2 min rift on TX, kill boss x on T13 in 20 seconds, or do any of the conquests like solo gr75 or get 3 gems to 65.

Well, at least seasons would be more challenging and not be done in 24 hours. If the cosmetic rewards were worth it I would do a season like this. Hell, I might do exactly this next season with the LoN theme.

And I agree, it was a dirty trick for them to tout new stash tabs to be available just to stealth in and ninja-alter the PTR notes to say gated behind seasons.
05/02/2019 04:45 AMPosted by PardalBR

I would take a season you not posting.
Season of LON is exactly what you are asking for.

But the problem is a lack of supporting items.

So what you are basically asking for is a season of no sets and no supporting items.

That might be interesting except you wouldn't get past GR 25 or T1.

So a season of no sets, items, or GRs and no rifts?