Merging all Mainstats into one

General Discussion
The idea here is to merge all mainstats (STR, DEX and INT) into a single mainstat that adjusts to what class it is being used with, which means that when for example a Barbarian wears an item that has +xxx mainstat, the mainstat on this item transforms into STR and when a Wizard uses the exact same item, its mainstat transforms into INT, while for a Monk it would turn into DEX.

The amount of mainstat would always stay the same, it would only adjust to either STR, DEX or INT depending on what class is wearing the item.

My reason for suggesting that is because it would reduce the amount of stash space you need to keep all the items you need for your builds, since many items can be useful for various classes.
Strength is STR. Not sth
I support this change. But it is really a sad commentary on the utter disaster that is the attribute system.
Diablo 3 doesn't have that many different stats, at least not to the point of requiring a stat merge of any kind. There are a number of ways to handle the stash space issue, stat merging isn't one of them.
05/09/2019 09:44 AMPosted by TrvAix
Strength is STR. Not sth

Right... edited, thx
Nope.
Why make it so it adjusts based on the class at all? Why not just call it "Damage and Damage resistance" stat or just "Main" stat and leave it at that? No need to fuss with names at all. Considering the majority of other stats are pretty much deemed not important, might as well make all stats under the name "More Damage" stat and "Reduce Damage" stat and be done with it. Remove any secondary stats that don't apply to this and they're basically set for how D3 stats are currently treated.

The worst part is that this post makes sense in the context of Diablo 3...
This would be cool if would open other gear options made for other classes. I think they could have done more with giving you skills that enemies have. like xx chance to cast arcane beam on hit .

They could have used some of the enemies affixes as other gear options for classes
The D3 stat system belongs in the toilet, and I am not about to show the devs how I learned to enjoy or tolerate the stains on the inside of the bowl.

The amateurs should have prepared something that tastes better. That was true back before the game came out and it will always be true.

You guys just wait and see the silly stat system they dump onto your phones....that will be good for a laugh.
Doesn't matter if applies or not. I mean, most of the time besides zdps.
Also we already have augments and stat re-rolls to use items between classes. No one stops you from augmenting an item with some other stat to use it on another class. If you want this to create multi-class items, we already have strict rules on class retrictions.
Also, melting all stats into one as damage still leaves one question such as what attribute will it benefit? Armor or resistance? Which stat gonna zdps spec, augment an item for?
05/09/2019 10:16 AMPosted by naksiloth
Doesn't matter if applies or not. I mean, most of the time besides zdps.
Also we already have augments and stat re-rolls to use items between classes. No one stops you from augmenting an item with some other stat to use it on another class. If you want this to create multi-class items, we already have strict rules on class retrictions.
Also, melting all stats into one as damage still leaves one question such as what attribute will it benefit? Armor or resistance? Which stat gonna zdps spec, augment an item for?

Let's just make it benefit both - We've had so much power creep, a little bit of defense creep wouldn't hurt anything, just make the earlier lvls easier.
05/09/2019 10:13 AMPosted by Shurgosa
You guys just wait

no u guy
05/09/2019 10:27 AMPosted by Frogspoison
Let's just make it benefit both

Then we won't need a zdps spec ever and top classes would be able to solo GR150. If it turns to dex, str and int automatically then how zdps specs gonna increase their effective health anyway? Let's say recipe still intact and augments add straight specific stat as they're certain for; why were we melting all of the stats into one again?
Is it just me or does Strextelligence sound weird.
05/09/2019 01:10 PMPosted by Iria
Is it just me or does Strextelligence sound weird.
Call it "Determination." That would make more sense anyways.
This has been suggested MANY times over the past 6 years. Obviously it isn't being considered, but yes, it would simplify the game. Maybe too much which is why the suggestion has been ignored since Vanilla.

Just saying.

Game on.
No, Str =/= Int for other reasons. Its not just 1% damage. And this really wouldn't consolidate a stash at all really anyway (bout the only thing it would apply to are rings/ammys which already only take up 1 spot). While yes, if you having a build for every set for every class then maybe your running into stash issues but at the same time, a lot of the stuff in your stash is junk and your only keeping it cause you "might" use it.
05/09/2019 01:29 PMPosted by Dragonmaster
No, Str =/= Int for other reasons. Its not just 1% damage.
Right, Str gives armor and Intel gives all resist, which are essentially the same at this point in the game. Six years ago, I'd take 150 dex + 100 str instead of 200 dex + 100 intel on a monk because defense was important and harder to get. Those days are long gone. Make one stat, call it main stat, it gives 1% damage and 10 armor for monk, barb, crusader, demon hunter and 1 all resist for witch doctor and wizard. Str==Dex=Int
05/09/2019 10:16 AMPosted by naksiloth
Also, melting all stats into one as damage still leaves one question such as what attribute will it benefit? Armor or resistance?

The idea is that if it is equipped by a DEX or STR class it will give you armor and when it is equipped by an INT class it will give you all-res.

05/09/2019 01:29 PMPosted by Dragonmaster
this really wouldn't consolidate a stash at all really anyway (bout the only thing it would apply to are rings/ammys which already only take up 1 spot).

And what about stuff for LoN builds? There are many items that are useful for various classes and builds like f.e. Magefist, Cindercoat, Mantle of Channelling, Leorics Crown, Illusory Boots, etc...
I also want to clarify that although I would like to see a more complex and in-depth attribute system (like for example the one I'll link below) in D3, I do not think that the devs are going to make such huge changes to the game at this point in time as that they would actually implement a completely new attribute system, which is why I was suggesting to simplify it even further, because it really would matter at this point if the attributes would become even more simplified, but it would just be a nice QoL improvement.

https://imgur.com/l3yyPVN