S17 - Conquest - Wings - Fail?

General Discussion
In Season 17 we have LON equipped by default so that means we can not successfully complete "The Thrill" conquest, since no sets of any kind are allowed in that conquest.

This leaves us with only Avarice (50Mil Gold Streak) in softcore and hardcore, and then do GR55 with 6 sets (which means you need to play at least two classes on top of having to play both softcore and hardcore lol).

Getting the Stash Tab and especially the Wings is not going to be hard, but rather annoyingly time consuming.

IMO They should have removed "The Thrill" from the conquests available, since it cannot be completed, due to the permanent LON buff.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22976066/season-17-the-season-of-nightmares-begins-517-5-10-2019
Interesting. And I would bet all the gold in my account you will be correct. Because Blizzard.
Wouldn't surprise me...
I can't cite it, but this has been brought up and someone said they tried it on the test server and it still worked. I don't think it actually counts as a 'set' when its just the buff like this.
I think this got brought up at one point and someone confirmed that while you have the LoN buff active, it does not count as actually "having the set on" for the purposes of the conquest.
EDIT: I see Flansy beat me to it...
I hope you guys are right... because being forced to playing both hard and softcore on top of being forced to play two classes would suck.
Seriously... please read the requirements for "The Thrill" and its HardCore equivalent. "No Set Items" equipped.
So then...this conquest is practically a freebie with the LoN season. Lol #Blizzard
05/16/2019 02:34 PMPosted by Brogoth
So then...this conquest is practically a freebie with the LoN season.

Assuming the buff doesn't negate achieving the conquest, yeah, we should be able to do The Thrill with utmost ease. Just save all ancients regardless of the item. You could use Spiked Traps and still do The Thrill.
I just finished this today. You can wear ancients but you can't have ANY set pieces equipped. I first tried with wearing my Wuko legs (no bonus just the one set piece) and it didn't give credit. You literally can only have legendary gear on but ancient or no ancient doesn't matter. The thrill is extremely easy this season because of this.

Another pro tip - You can do the Avarice conquest by saving up 32 T16 bounty caches. Just put your pet away, make sure you are close to your chest, then open all of them WITHOUT MOVING. Once you've opened all 32 caches (must be T16) as soon as you move you will get more than 50 mil gold and thus get the achievement. In other words, do 7 bounty sets (about 2 hours) and you'll be done.

The trick is finding out the 3rd conquest .... ugh.
05/16/2019 01:52 PMPosted by TOPCommander

IMO They should have removed "The Thrill" from the conquests available, since it cannot be completed, due to the permanent LON buff.

I did a LoN kit without the ring with S17 buff. And It worked. Try first before post false information.
Just did avarice with DH, Impale. lvl 16.
Set that up for gold collecting, hoarder, Kim gold, the belt, goldwrap, no ring yet.
needed gold and Multishot wasn’t ready.
Halfway thru a “open scene “ the conquest was done. Went to 77 mil before I ran out of things to kill.
05/25/2019 08:28 PMPosted by Kilgoran
I just finished this today. You can wear ancients but you can't have ANY set pieces equipped. I first tried with wearing my Wuko legs (no bonus just the one set piece) and it didn't give credit. You literally can only have legendary gear on but ancient or no ancient doesn't matter. The thrill is extremely easy this season because of this.

Another pro tip - You can do the Avarice conquest by saving up 32 T16 bounty caches. Just put your pet away, make sure you are close to your chest, then open all of them WITHOUT MOVING. Once you've opened all 32 caches (must be T16) as soon as you move you will get more than 50 mil gold and thus get the achievement. In other words, do 7 bounty sets (about 2 hours) and you'll be done.

The trick is finding out the 3rd conquest .... ugh.

That's easy. Whichever of the two you can gear for the quickest on the mode opposite the one you normally play (SC or HC). Leave the rest be. As for Avarice, see: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771467072#post-5
05/16/2019 02:14 PMPosted by Birhat
Seriously... please read the requirements for "The Thrill" and its HardCore equivalent. "No Set Items" equipped.
I can confirm this first hand. I wasn't even consciously going after The Thrill conquest, just trying to get good gear for a Captain America toon. Had an ancient Roland's cuirass equipped and doing GR50 runs. Finally got an ancient Aquila Cuirass and equipped that. Next GR50 run and bam, The Thrill completed.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22976066/season-17-the-season-of-nightmares-begins-517-5-10-2019

You don't know what you're talking about. LON buff of the season works like a passive skill.

Also, I just finished that The Thrill conquest with as Hammeradin crusader, easy clear.
Yeah the LoN Buff in season does not prevent progress towards Thrill conquest for wings. Just be sure you have no greens on like conquest says and youll pass :)
They should have removed "The Thrill" from the conquests available, since it cannot be completed, due to the permanent LON buff.

Thats not entirely true. It was my first conquest this season. I agree its easy to complete, but can be achieved.
Please people make sure of something before you start accusing for it.
There are wrong description on forum: ''request that you complete a Greater Rift Level 45 without the assistance of any equipped Set Bonus. "
In game 'no set pieces'
Just ensure you have no green items (even 1) to complete this.
OP is an idiot, close thread.
If anything it made it easier to do the achievement. Got my wings a couples days in to the season.