OK, I give up

General Discussion
Tried multiple times tonight to get a public GR game and I was just dumped into games already in progress that I couldn't join. Why would anyone want to stare at the screen while the others play? Whoever thought of this nonsense should be fired out of the door.

And no change for S17 except you can see how long you have to stare at the screen before the others fix their stuff and then leave.

We need a proper game selector for public GR's, it doesn't have to be complicated, just sort out this rubbish!
They should reverse in a sense of how this works and let you join any GR in progress in any public game but the caveat (the part they are trying to prevent I'm sure) is you can't join *another public game* for 10 minutes. So once you're in a public game it's best to stick with it and not GR hop around trying to find the best/lowest remaining time left.

Basically it's like making a post *here* on the forums. Once you commit to submit you can't send another message for X amount of time.
05/06/2019 12:44 PMPosted by Scourge
Tried multiple times tonight to get a public GR game and I was just dumped into games already in progress that I couldn't join. Why would anyone want to stare at the screen while the others play? Whoever thought of this nonsense should be fired out of the door.
Its been common courtesy not to start a public GR without 4 players, otherwise you always have people entering a ongoing game repetitively until its completed. I found myself repetitively logging into a game where three players or even two players (usually new to the game) are tackling a higher GR and see them dying frequently.

Yes there is room for improvement, such as lockout the public GR session with empty slots so no others can join when it is started or as suggested being able to join if it just started for some percentage of completion.
05/06/2019 01:08 PMPosted by Drakiock
Its been common courtesy not to start a public GR without 4 players, otherwise you always have people entering a ongoing game repetitively until its completed. I found myself repetitively logging into a game where three players or even two players (usually new to the game) are tackling a higher GR and see them dying frequently.

Yes there is room for improvement, such as lockout the public GR session with empty slots so no others can join when it is started or as suggested being able to join if it just started for some percentage of completion.

There is the possibility that the game started with four players but one or more disconnected or left because of constantly dieing.
Public games are awsome tool unfortune d3 team hasent looked into it or gave it some love.

Greater rifts are a mess. Its a konstant leave enter leave enter for 10 minuts player sitting on paragon 1500+ then a paragon 700 joins whit no gems maybe his third charakter he has none completed functional gear he just joins dont even know self whats going on .

They could make it rly good just by split up the search function atleast for greater rift public games .... somting like

Paragon:
0-1000
1000-1000+

or have it like an option do i want to look as split lets say im paragon 1001 then i press the option i just wanna look that 1000-1000+ paragons. or i dont press that option i can join any paragon in game.

Easy fix would make this greater rift in public games so much better i can guarantee that!
Easiest fix is to make joining dependent on the highest solo rift a player completed. Makes no sense to have a player in a level 100 GR that only did a solo 50 or 60. It will be a quality of life improvement as players capable of running rifts can que together. Basically have a certain range that the group can join dependant on their highest solo. DIablo actually does this early in the game by having players complete certain torment levels to move up. Another solution is have a optional lobby system (kinda like Star Craft where players can make their own games and have player join. It also keeps out the bots, leeches and campers.
05/06/2019 02:10 PMPosted by Jazz
constantly dieing

This is one of the major problems with SC.

People not knowing their build or understanding the game well enough to stay alive.

Also, if one can't kill quickly then you are a leecher on the gr to others that can kill efficiently.

In HC things even out real quick, and a good 4 man team emerges.
i personally only do public bounty runs, havent trusted people enough to do Grifts.
agree, TERRIBLE!

And no change for S17 except you can see how long you have to stare at the screen before the others fix their stuff and then leave.

We need a proper game selector for public GR's, it doesn't have to be complicated, just sort out this rubbish!

We do need a better system, but why are you beating your head against the wall? Try clans, communities, Discord..
With Season 17 and the next patch, they should revert that feature to the old way. Matchmaking was bad before, but this process is a total waste of time, especially if the GR players finish the rift and immediately leave the game, leaving the new player alone with nothing to do, and wasted time on his hands.

This is by far the stupidest idea for a mechanism change.
05/06/2019 05:08 PMPosted by MaxCarnage
Easiest fix is to make joining dependent on the highest solo rift a player completed.

Not keen on that one. I've got a support Monk that has only solo'd a GR60 (as that was required to be able to join public T13 groups) but is easily capable of doing high level 4-mans.
Well... have you thought of waiting for them to complete the rift and join them for the next one perhaps?
I am told it works! ;)

Public gamers are never happy
first it was we keep getting put in the same game, now its they keep putting me in games with GR in progress.
Even though you could of joined while the game had no GR active it only takes 2 seconds to open a GR whie it takes you 30 seconds to join
05/06/2019 11:05 PMPosted by Lloyd
Well... have you thought of waiting for them to complete the rift and join them for the next one perhaps?
I am told it works! ;)

Players usually fix their gear and do their upgrades afterwards, and then typically some will leave. And why should I wait around while the others play? The idea is to play the game, not sit and wait.
05/06/2019 11:25 PMPosted by Steve

Public gamers are never happy
first it was we keep getting put in the same game, now its they keep putting me in games with GR in progress.
Even though you could of joined while the game had no GR active it only takes 2 seconds to open a GR whie it takes you 30 seconds to join

So it would be quite easy to make public gamers happy, just put in a sensible game selector......
05/06/2019 08:56 PMPosted by Orrion

We do need a better system, but why are you beating your head against the wall? Try clans, communities, Discord..

I've tried both, but it doesn't work for me. I'm playing an Invoker build atm and there are no invites for Crusaders.