What will happen to Immortal?

Games & Technology
Now that Trump declared it illegal to engage tech business with "adversarial" country, Google is pulling the Android support for China.

Diablo Immortal, which is aimed towards China market, can kiss that market goodbye...
So Trump is going to make Diablo great again?

That's a platform I can get behind!
05/20/2019 01:18 AMPosted by Astig
Now that Trump declared it illegal to engage tech business with "adversarial" country,

That literally did not happen. Please read the news before making sweeping statements. https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/20/tech/huawei-google-android/index.html

Google is restricting Huawei's access to its Android operating system and apps after the Trump administration blacklisted the Chinese tech firm.

The move is a huge blow to Huawei, whose goal is to be the top smartphone brand by the end of 2020.

Last week, the Trump administration barred American companies from selling to Huawei without a US government license in a significant escalation of the trade war with China.

"We are complying with the order and reviewing the implications," a Google spokesperson said on Monday. Huawei, the world's No. 2 smartphone seller, relies on a suite of Google (GOOGL) services for its devices, including the Android system and the Google Play app store.

The Silicon Valley giant is suspending much of that access, according to multiple reports, after Washington placed Huawei on a list of foreign firms deemed to undermine American national security or foreign policy interests. Listed companies are barred from receiving components and software unless the trade is licensed

I don't care for Diablo Immortal either, but it is not affected by any of this. Video games have nothing to do with Nat Sec or Foreign Policy.
OP you had me for a second. MissC killed it with the facts, dang it.
For Diablo Immortal, the mobile version, it's on track. We will be applying for the regulatory approval in accordance with overall, the latest guidance from the ministry. And I guess people do not need to worry too much about it. It's on track because Diablo, the PC version, was approved. It's long been launched and released in China. So for now, we think the approval process is well on track, but again, at this moment, we do not have a specific timetable for the launch of Diablo Immortal as yet.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4264767-netease-inc-ntes-ceo-william-ding-q1-2019-results-earnings-call-transcript?page=8

May 16, 2019 6:08 PM ET
Now that Trump declared it illegal to engage tech business with "adversarial" country, Google is pulling the Android support for China.

Diablo Immortal, which is aimed towards China market, can kiss that market goodbye...

You can kiss your credibility goodbye.
05/20/2019 09:52 AMPosted by Orrion

LOL! and on the D3 forums that's a real big deal.......
05/20/2019 09:52 AMPosted by Orrion

Like when Blizzard pitched a mobile phone game to a PC / console audience?
The all mighty Orrion has spoken! "So Let It Be Written So Let It Be Done."
What will happen? Immortal will make a huge amount of money and we'll hate it for succeeding. What else is new?
It honestly was worth the laugh....thanks:)
What platform/OS will Immortal run on?
Android, IOS

If phone/tablet dont have Android/IOS, can you install Immortal?
05/20/2019 10:30 AMPosted by Avalon
The all mighty Orrion has spoken! "So Let It Be Written So Let It Be Done."

Sorry I don’t forget when people are colossal jerks about something, especially when they’re also lying.
Finally miss c and I agree on something. Miss c can you please lock this thread?